Fairfield, CA
Solano Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Solano Community College

Chelsey

I am a hardworking individual who enjoys setting goals and persuing them.

I am a hardworking individual who enjoys setting goals and persuing them.

As a senior in high school, I would like to have known how important it is to chose the right school for you, and not your parents or other relationships. The process of choosing your college should be an important choice for yourself and it should be a place you want to live in for the next some years. The transition to school is much easier when it is a place you love.

The type of person who should not attend Solano Community College is one who does not wish to have a college education. People who attend this school to only gain personal socializing with friends are the people who should not be in college.

Christina

I would tell myself to stop being lazy. Until this year, when I changed my major, I had been taking meaningless classes. This is my second year in college and I still have yet to take an English class. I'm not even halfway done with my general education. Also, I would tell myself to know what college I want to go to and if it's a comm. college, figure out which school to transfer to. Since I changed my major to Physics, I had to research different colleges I never would have thought to transfer to beforehand because I didn't know I wanted to get into Astrophysics. It's harder to get back on track when you're supposed to and expected to be halfway through your college career after 2 years, but you're really just starting over.

I think that the best thing about my school is the science classes. I've only taken Astronomy so far, but next semester I will take Chemistry and Pre-Cal until I have all of the prereq's in order to start taking Physics classes. I love my Astronomy class. The whole idea of the universe and the stars is fascinating to me. Solano also has many great labs you can go to in order to study or do homework.

I think the worst thing about the school is some of the requirements for classes. I do think that it's good that they have math labs, english labs, etc. but I don't think it should be required to have 16 or more hours in the lab to pass the class. Some students prefer not going and studying or doing homework by themselves, and other students are too busy to find time to go to the lab. I think it should be optional instead of required.

Solano Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.