Solano Community College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Solano Community College

My opinion of Solano Community College is it is a community college. And Solano Community College is better than other community colleges. The staff is professional here at Solano Community College. The professors are pretty good at helping you as a student if you need more help. Overall great community college, friendly environment as well.

Chris

Great school and instructors. Class size is nice and students are friendly. Overall great place to go to school. The instructors are very helpful and knowledgeable most have worked in the field that they teach which really helps a lot. I have grown from the knowledge and experience.

Caitlin

This college is a pretty decent one. The facilities are pretty good - clean, fairly new, and in good condition - and the food at the main campus is fantastic (I especially recommend the spring rolls). The teachers are fantastic and, for the most part, pretty easily accessible. Classes are pretty real to university standards, so all in all it's actually a pretty good school.

Maya

It is a very safe and laid back school. The environment is always positive and the staff and teachers are both helpful and welcoming. The facilities are also very good in that we have an array of kilns for the ceramic and sculpture classes,including a wood fire kiln which is something I don’t believe most community colleges have. Overall a great community college to attend.

No overarching culture, but small class sizes and enough superb teachers (who care!) that if you research your teschers before signing up, it's not hard getting all good ones. Many professors are open to after-class discussions and in them they show their breadth of knowledge. Good teachers, not many facilities.

Christina

I really love this school, because first of all it is really low cost and very helpful to get my school finished up. I've complete my general education credits through Solano and am currently working on finishing up my Bachelors at an online school, while also completing an Associates in Computer Programming.

Solano Community College has been very helpful in my college career. I am currently attending Solano and graduating in 2018 with my Associates in General Science. I will be going to Kaiser Permanente's Sonography after graduation. Solano has been very helpful getting me the classes needed to graduate! The teachers are very helpful and are always available to meet and help with any questions!

Jenna

Solano is an amazing resource for gaining the knowledge, credits, and classes needed to gain your desired degree or to transfer onto a four year. The teachers and staff are very dedicated to give the best help and attention to their students. Everyone is very eager to help each other through study sessions. Overall the community college is a great stepping stone to ones future.

Emarey

Solano Community College is a mediocre transition from high school academics to college academics. I find that SCC is basically a "high school 2.0," and in all honesty, I am a bit anxious that I would not be able to transfer to a four year university in two years. Solano Community College may be good for those who decide to go back to school, but not for those who wish to pursue a higher education straight out of high school. SCC is not for those who are determined to have their dream career anytime soon.

Jennie

Having attended private schools the majority of my life, commentary was always filled with stereotypes about public schools. I assumed that most students weren’t focused and that the schools themselves were worn down. For years, all my educators and family members encouraged me to go to a private 4-year university, and didn’t encourage a community college or public school. As I made the choice to attend Solano Community College, my hopes were high but my expectations were low, but when I attended, I fell in love. The community is caring and most members really do want to see students succeed here. They want students to be involved in the community, to transfer with pride, and to actively be politically engaged. I found instructors that although they wanted students to transfer within 2 years, they were also the people who understood how hard it was for students to really get their feet on the ground. They guided, and provided the necessary resources and advice for any student of any background. I found instructors who gave pep talks that nobody else could give you, and understood the real struggles of being a college student, whether you were right out of high school, or a returning student years later. The resources are there, and instructors and the school board are actively trying to reach out to students. Going to Solano Community College has been the greatest choice I’ve ever made, and will forever be a backbone for my future success.

Flor

This is a great place to go after high school before a four year. The teachers here are excellent, the learning is extremely beneficial and the facilities are up to date. There is a wide range of classes to take and there are tons of extracurricular activities available for students. The school offers lots of volunteer opportunities and job openings. The counselors are wonderful and do a great job of guiding you in your academic career. It is also a very safe place.

Dasha

Solano is a great college to start out with and most teacher are great. The student population is very divers and unique. I would recommend this school to students who are just starting into their college life or even going back to school. So come on down and check us out.

Dasha

At Solano most of the teachers are amazing however like any school there are some bad teachers. The curriculum is okay, sometimes I wonder why we read the books that we do, but who doesn't wonder that. Over all Solano Community College is a great Junior college.

Courtney

I love that Solano Community College is so close to where I live and that it offers classes that I need for prerequisites with a small class size and that it is not expensive. I love how affordable it is and how convenient it is since I am a returning student that has to work to be able to afford school. They are building a new lab building for the science classes and they are going to have new equipment. They are making sure the students have the best possible place to study. Solano has made it possible to get my prerequisites done cheaper than a 4 year college. I am going to be starting at Chamberlain College of Nursing in May and Solano has helped me reach that goal!

Diana

Very nice and helpful environment. Great school to get your first year graduate to attend a college. Easy to find your way around. Many other campuses to attend if too far.

Tigerlily

Solano Community College a good, accessible college if you're looking for minimal activities and just wanting to get classes done. I am currently a first year (attending at the Vallejo campus) and know little to nothing about what I'm supposed to be doing as a college student. Both times I have met with the counselors here, I have received minimal help and only as much as half of my questions answered. The man who works in the library would probably be of more help than the counselors. I am truly disappointed with the resources. April at the front desk is amazing, however, she's always able to help me when I need it.

Rubi

I think Solano Community College is a good school for people who want to major in the sciences. There isn’t much socializing as far as joining clubs go but the people are nice. It’s a quiet campus. They are remodeling some things and adding new buildings which is nice. Overall Solano isn’t too bad and it’s reasonably priced tuition.

Jazmyne

Solano has been a fun experience. I've met many nice people of all different backgrounds, very diverse. All the students are focused on their academics. Walking around campus everyone keeps to their self , very quite. Solano is not the best looking school, could use a face lift in certain areas on campus but all my teachers have been very helpful and genuine, they all really want all their students to pass and you can tell they all care, well at least all my professors.

Bianca

The school has some amazing professors with excellent educations. However, there are some professors that just go to get paid which they make quite obvious. Some classes tend to fill up faster than others. Some faculty members are clearly unhappy and should just retire. The school is also pretty sketchy so it is difficult to feel safe.

Oghenemine

Solano Community College is a awesome campus in my opinion, the people there are nice, I haven't met any rude people there not even one time, its a very big campus, there are activities all throughout campus, and last but not least I would recommend and to transfer to the Fairfield campus.

Maria

This is the best rout to go in my opinion, we have great teachers and staff ready to help at any time and whom have great connections they can give you. It's great quality education with generally small classes with a 25:1 students teacher ratio. The best part is that there are tons of local community colleges so you don't have to travel far and it saves you so much money! The professors are well trained and it is easy to talk to them and build a relationship because class sizes are so small so if you ever need a letter of recommendation you can get it from a credited person who actually knows you.

Alyssa

It’s an open and diverse campus that accepts everyone regardless of sexual orientation or beliefs. It offers a variety of activities to motivate you to do more in your college career and make use of your extra time. Wether that be joining a club or sport and showing that solano spirit

Vincent

I honestly don’t get why people look down upon community colleges like Solano. You learn the same thing as you would at any other 4 year but for cheaper. Not to mention the fact that the people there are super nice.

Peter

I think SCC is a great college, they cover a bunch of major courses. As being part of the Automotive students attending at SCC, we have our own newly built building/facility filled with top quality tools and equipment just for us. I recommend this college to anyone

Hailey

Overall, I believe Solano is a very helpful school. Everybody is very kind, including staff. Although I’m not particularly fond of my professors, the school itself has proved to adequately allow me to receive my education. Although we do not have big parties or housing like other colleges do, it gets the job done by allowing you to learn in a small and quiet environment.

Solano Community College is a great place to start your education. It is a community college, so it provides the basic general education classes. The professors are generally there because they want to teach and build relationships with their students, which makes the learning fun. The school is small, which also means small class sizes, for one-on-one interactions with the professors, which is the most valuable thing that I find about SCC.

Caitlin

My overall opinion of solano is it’s a great route to take if you’re looking to save money. The classes are just as good as any four year. I personally play softball and as a student athlete I can tell you that solano cares a lot for them. They don’t just quit doing their jobs once you’re off the field. They have a counselor specifically for sports, athletes get priority registration. It’s a great stepping stone to get you to your four year.

Gabriella

It is a very good starting off point if you go out and get involved. There are a lot of opportunities that students don't know about or just don't participate in. Some classes and professors are better than others, so be sure to make sure to look at their reviews online.

I actually really like going to Solano. With this being my last semester there, I feel I am really going to miss the instructors and classes they had to offer. Solano has truly become a major portion of my life, they have fun classes, the students a very laid back and easy to talk to, there are a lot of activities each month to join in on, the food is good (although the price could be a little lower), and the courses aren't infuriatingly difficult. Overall, I think Solano is a good college to attend for your first two years.

Brooke

I love Solano. I highly recommend students after high school to come for their education. Coming to Solano I was able to find my path and figure out what I want to do with my life. Getting involved with a sport at Solano was the best thing I did. Playing soccer at Solano led me to proceed my education and athletic career to the 4-year level which I'm very excited about. Solano has the best professors! I've been here for 2 years and never had a problem with any of my professors. I've left in contact with all my past professors and have a strong connection with them in and outside the classroom. I highly recommend students to attend Solano Community College, they will get the small college life along with connecting with great students and staff!