Rohnert Park, CA
Sonoma State University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Sonoma State University

Monica

Small safe environment that continues to expand the possiblitites for students by adding more classes, programs or events to engage the students such as the Green Music Center.

Eager to learn, most of them are busy with academics, sports, clubs, work and/ or greek life.

My senior year was a struggle for me because I felt I was on my own when it came to applying to college and scholarships and I felt. I was determined to study in San Diego State because I had fallen in love with the school, however I was limited in money since I am the one paying for all of my expenses, mainly which include school. It came to the point when I thought my community college wouldn't be an option. As I reflect on all the actions I made then and how far I have come now the advice I would give myself would be to use my resources to help me find more information about college and scholarships, but most importantly to believe in myself. Though I didn't go to my dream college I have made the best out of the opportunity I got here. It's not about the college its about what you make of it, which I learned through experience in my college life. Thanks to my additute, I have gained so much experience and accomplished goals I never thought possible because of limited money and guidence. Si se puede!

Ella

Well if you have heard the expression take of your cool jacket I would recommend following it. I have always disliked the saying being a shy person myself, however as soon as I started putting myself out there and joining clubs and organizations my college career became twice as fun. You get one chance to do the college experience so take advantage of all of the opportunities provided to you! Study abroad (I did it was amazing), join all the clubs you are interested in, play intramurals, go use the help centers they are amazing and hardly anyone goes. Just taking in the things around you goes a long way in making you part of the campus and creating memories that will last a lifetime. It is also about who you are as an individual when you are choosing a college. Yes the schooling is important but it is what you want from it. Big school or small school? Sports or no sports? These are things I wish I had thought about more because sometimes I feel like I missed out on that big school feel I had sort of wanted. But no matter where you choose have no regrets!

I think anyone would really like this school it is a laid back environment and very nonjudgemental. It is peaceful and beautiful and you are able to be who you are whether that is artistic or logical. Also since we are small you have the ability to have small classes and really get to know all of your peers.

Someone who really is career structured and that is all they are looking for. The alumi situation is not great and a lot of companies do not recruit on campus. As well as someone who really wants a big school feel with sports this is not right for you.

Viridiana

If I was able to go back in time and talk to my self. I will advice my self to focus take very serious the English as a Second Language classes because they are the base for good grammar. Also, I will tell my self to start working on general education along with the classes for a certificate. I will tell my self to take 15 units instead of 12, so I could transfer to Sonoma State in less time.

Anybody who wants to pursue a bachelors degree in Sonoma County.

Maria

Sonoma State is a university that encompasses the total college experience while providing a quality education as well as life long memories.

Sonoma State is located in a beautiful town and is great for a college student. It has convenient attractions like the city, bodega bay, and russian river just a short drive away. The campus is the perfect size for a student who doesnt want to be overwhelmed in at a large university but also wants to experience the true college exeperience and meet new people. The classes are a great size that allow each student to feel like a contributing individual rather than becoming lost in the masses. Teachers genuinely care and the peers are as friendly as can be.

If I had the opportunity to talk to my high school self I would first address the awful hair style choice. Secondly, I would advise myself to take every opportunity that I was presented with. While you may not be comfortable with change, the moments that you are out of your comfort zone are the moments of undeniable growth. Don't assume that every student you meet along the way has a "life plan". It is more likely than not that each student is on a convoluted path to finding their true passion and drive. Whether it be through taking countless random classes or a million career surveys, each student should take their time to enjoy the experience that college has to offer. I was fortunate enough to find my passion early and life and pursue it whole heartedly. I was able to graduate in 2 and a half years rather than 4 and am now in pursuit of a nursing career. While I had a "speedy" college experience I don't regret my choice. I have a goal and intend on acheiving it. In short, I would advise any college student to find their passion and go after it.

Crystal

Don't stress so much about choosing the "right" major! I spent so much time trying to figure out what I wanted to do with my life that I wasn't able to enjoy my senior year. I eventually decided that I would go to community college to take some more thinking time, and there I was able to figure out my interests. Community college is NOT a place for failures and drop-outs; it is a local school for students who have extenuating circumstances and a perfectly valid route to higher education. Just because all of your friends were at universities does not mean that you're any less of a success than they are. You took the financially responsible route and were able to decide on a career before wasting thousands of dollars on general education classes. Do what's right for you, not what other people think is right for you.

Sonoma State University is a very secluded and quiet school. It is easy to find ways to distract yourself, but you should learn to embrace the learning opportunities available at the university. SSU has all kinds of wonderfully educational and interesting events that all students should make an effort to attend to get the most out of their education. Take advantage of everything SSU offers while you can!

The ideal student at Sonoma State University is a person who enjoys peace and quiet. Because the school is located out away from any distracting city night life, students are more likely to do well if they are generally calm and collected. For a raging partier, go to a school in a big city. Sonoma is for learning.

I would tell my high school self a few things, including, enjoy the time you have with your friends and family more, enjoy the beautiful place that you get to call home, and try harder in classes because not trying isn't smart. I was always one that hated where I lived and wanted to get out so bad. I would say things like "I can't wait until college to get out of here, I don't care about who I am leaving." Now that I am gone, I realize my friends are going to be my friends for life, they are my people. I also realize just how beautiful my hometown is. I still do not want to live there again, but at least I can admire it's beauty. As for trying in school, I didn't try at all and I didn't realize I wasn't really applying myself. If I applied myself I think I could have gotten very good grades and I just would like the satisfaction to myself of knowing that I did my best.

I wish I would have known that I am not the typical college student. I knew that I wanted to go to a community college because I did feel that it would have suited me more, but because of the reputation that community colleges have, I wasn't allowed to go to one. Now that I truly realize that I would rather be living on my own, working, and going to school, that is what I am going to do.

Honestly, this is a very beautiful university. This university doesn't have anything wrong with it, but I feel that my thoughts on who shouldn't go to this school don't just apply to this school, I believe that it applies to all universities. I think those who aren't really the typical "college type," shouldn't go to university. For example, I am one who loves a beautiful town/city, away from home, and I love being on my own, but I do not like to party, and I don't like to waste time.

Gladys

At Sonoma State University the students it's mostly whites, but its diverse.

They advice that I will give my self will be that don't procastionate in homework and get involved in the community and and clubs in school

Sonoma State is a great campus to be surrounded by beauty and fun loving people.

I would tell myself to have a little bit more fun my senior year, but at the same time I should have focused more on studying for the AP Macroeconomics test which was at the end of the year.

A person who loves to be near a lake while doing homework, or sipping on a latte in the rose garden right before heading to there next class would adore the Sonoma State campus. Not only are the instructors supurb, but the campus is breath takingly beautiful.

Araceli

Classmates are majority Caucasian and from upper middle class families.

Classmates are majority Caucasian and from upper middle class families.

If I was a high school senior and had the chance to talk to myself, I would say to choose a school further away from home so that I can become independent and spread my wings and fly. My experience as a college student might have been different, and possibly more fun, socially.

The smaller departments usually have smaller classes, and more supportive faculty than bigger departments.

Pamla

I would have stayed in college and become a teacher right after high school.

I would have stayed in college and become a teacher right after high school.

students at satellige campuses pay for activities and facilities, but cannot enjoy them, as they are located at the main campus.

lack of choice of classes... and computer glitches on registration

Sonoma State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.