Rohnert Park, CA
Sonoma State University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Sonoma State University

Maria

Sonoma State is a university that encompasses the total college experience while providing a quality education as well as life long memories.

Sonoma State is located in a beautiful town and is great for a college student. It has convenient attractions like the city, bodega bay, and russian river just a short drive away. The campus is the perfect size for a student who doesnt want to be overwhelmed in at a large university but also wants to experience the true college exeperience and meet new people. The classes are a great size that allow each student to feel like a contributing individual rather than becoming lost in the masses. Teachers genuinely care and the peers are as friendly as can be.

If I had the opportunity to talk to my high school self I would first address the awful hair style choice. Secondly, I would advise myself to take every opportunity that I was presented with. While you may not be comfortable with change, the moments that you are out of your comfort zone are the moments of undeniable growth. Don't assume that every student you meet along the way has a "life plan". It is more likely than not that each student is on a convoluted path to finding their true passion and drive. Whether it be through taking countless random classes or a million career surveys, each student should take their time to enjoy the experience that college has to offer. I was fortunate enough to find my passion early and life and pursue it whole heartedly. I was able to graduate in 2 and a half years rather than 4 and am now in pursuit of a nursing career. While I had a "speedy" college experience I don't regret my choice. I have a goal and intend on acheiving it. In short, I would advise any college student to find their passion and go after it.

Crystal

Don't stress so much about choosing the "right" major! I spent so much time trying to figure out what I wanted to do with my life that I wasn't able to enjoy my senior year. I eventually decided that I would go to community college to take some more thinking time, and there I was able to figure out my interests. Community college is NOT a place for failures and drop-outs; it is a local school for students who have extenuating circumstances and a perfectly valid route to higher education. Just because all of your friends were at universities does not mean that you're any less of a success than they are. You took the financially responsible route and were able to decide on a career before wasting thousands of dollars on general education classes. Do what's right for you, not what other people think is right for you.

Sonoma State University is a very secluded and quiet school. It is easy to find ways to distract yourself, but you should learn to embrace the learning opportunities available at the university. SSU has all kinds of wonderfully educational and interesting events that all students should make an effort to attend to get the most out of their education. Take advantage of everything SSU offers while you can!

The ideal student at Sonoma State University is a person who enjoys peace and quiet. Because the school is located out away from any distracting city night life, students are more likely to do well if they are generally calm and collected. For a raging partier, go to a school in a big city. Sonoma is for learning.

I would tell my high school self a few things, including, enjoy the time you have with your friends and family more, enjoy the beautiful place that you get to call home, and try harder in classes because not trying isn't smart. I was always one that hated where I lived and wanted to get out so bad. I would say things like "I can't wait until college to get out of here, I don't care about who I am leaving." Now that I am gone, I realize my friends are going to be my friends for life, they are my people. I also realize just how beautiful my hometown is. I still do not want to live there again, but at least I can admire it's beauty. As for trying in school, I didn't try at all and I didn't realize I wasn't really applying myself. If I applied myself I think I could have gotten very good grades and I just would like the satisfaction to myself of knowing that I did my best.

I wish I would have known that I am not the typical college student. I knew that I wanted to go to a community college because I did feel that it would have suited me more, but because of the reputation that community colleges have, I wasn't allowed to go to one. Now that I truly realize that I would rather be living on my own, working, and going to school, that is what I am going to do.

Honestly, this is a very beautiful university. This university doesn't have anything wrong with it, but I feel that my thoughts on who shouldn't go to this school don't just apply to this school, I believe that it applies to all universities. I think those who aren't really the typical "college type," shouldn't go to university. For example, I am one who loves a beautiful town/city, away from home, and I love being on my own, but I do not like to party, and I don't like to waste time.

Gladys

At Sonoma State University the students it's mostly whites, but its diverse.

They advice that I will give my self will be that don't procastionate in homework and get involved in the community and and clubs in school

Sonoma State is a great campus to be surrounded by beauty and fun loving people.

I would tell myself to have a little bit more fun my senior year, but at the same time I should have focused more on studying for the AP Macroeconomics test which was at the end of the year.

A person who loves to be near a lake while doing homework, or sipping on a latte in the rose garden right before heading to there next class would adore the Sonoma State campus. Not only are the instructors supurb, but the campus is breath takingly beautiful.

Araceli

Classmates are majority Caucasian and from upper middle class families.

Classmates are majority Caucasian and from upper middle class families.

If I was a high school senior and had the chance to talk to myself, I would say to choose a school further away from home so that I can become independent and spread my wings and fly. My experience as a college student might have been different, and possibly more fun, socially.

The smaller departments usually have smaller classes, and more supportive faculty than bigger departments.

Pamla

I would have stayed in college and become a teacher right after high school.

I would have stayed in college and become a teacher right after high school.

students at satellige campuses pay for activities and facilities, but cannot enjoy them, as they are located at the main campus.

lack of choice of classes... and computer glitches on registration

Eric

I love sonoma state for its small population, clean and beautiful campus, and the people. I dislike that the relationship between the town and college is poor and does not incorporate Greek Life.

Greek Life makes up about 16% of the campus. Many other students are involved in sports clubs, etc. Students have a great community life within their dorms as well.

Every school is going to have various groups of people. Most often seen at SSU are typical norcal people.

Professors get to know you, student to teacher ratio is small, students often use resources like the library, and many graduates are often successful in finding jobs.

Everyone is white. A high percentage of people are white, but SSU makes up for the diversity groups and programs they put on.

Ismael

Sonoma State is a school where academics, campus life, and a calm environment clash to provide students with an exceptional education. Sonoma State is a hidden gem that must be seen in order to be believed.

There is so much to do in Sonoma County its imposible to name them all. If you can think it, its either near or on Sonoma States campus.

Sonoma has a wide range of students from many different backgrounds. A Sonoma State state student could never be generalized into a certain category.

Courses at Sonoma State are challenging yet not impossible. Sonoma state offers real supportive staff focused on making sure you graduate and develop as a person to help you acheive your academic potential.

Sonoma State has so many people with different backgounds and personalities, it would be impossible to generalize the entire student body into one or two categories.

Sonoma State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.