Sonoma State University Top Questions

I wish I knew what I had wanted to do before I got to college. I also wish I had known all this school has to offer in terms of extracurricular activities and clubs.

samantha

I wish I would have known exactly what I wanted out of a career. I majored in Human Develpment because it was so broad and allowed me to choose from different areas to enter into. However, I wish I would have done more research and internships to explore my passion for children further to help narrow down a more specific major. There are so many different options and fields of study in the world.

Sonoma State University is a very secluded and quiet school. It is easy to find ways to distract yourself, but you should learn to embrace the learning opportunities available at the university. SSU has all kinds of wonderfully educational and interesting events that all students should make an effort to attend to get the most out of their education. Take advantage of everything SSU offers while you can!

I wish I would have known that I am not the typical college student. I knew that I wanted to go to a community college because I did feel that it would have suited me more, but because of the reputation that community colleges have, I wasn't allowed to go to one. Now that I truly realize that I would rather be living on my own, working, and going to school, that is what I am going to do.

Marisela

I wish I had known how little diversity the school has. Being both Mexican and African American, diversity is extremely important to me. I read an article saying that 85 percent of the students at Sonoma State are Caucasian.

Maira

I wish that I had known that there wasn't much diversity in our school because it seems like there are only High class Americans that come to this school. I am Latina and was expecting more Latinos. I come from a small town where there aren't much Latinos either and that is why I wanted to be part of a community where I could see more Latinos like me, so that I can help out the Latino Community in making them succeed.

I wish I had known more about the strong presence of Greek life on my campus. This aspect was not one that could be readily researched on the school website nor could I discover this on a one day tour of Sonoma State University. If I had known about this beforehand I may have chosen to attend a small liberal arts college that does not have such a prevalent Greek culture. Now that I am here I truly appreciate the efforts Greek makes to unify our students.

Before I cameto this school, I wisg I would have known about the social scene. I love everything about the academics and the campus and what it has to offer. The only downside is that outside of school there is not a whole lot to do. It would have been helpful to know about that before I came.

I wish I would have known about the schools diversity. There is hardly any diversity at all, I dont like that aspect.

Kendall

I wish I had known how a major or higher education would be applicable in the real world. A major is an important choice, yet not a guarantee of getting the career I want. I wish I had know that the skills and knowledge I would obtain on the path to my major would matter more to my possible employers more. Maybe then I could have made some wiser coursework choices.

Nothing, I am completely satisfied with my decision to go to sonoma state. It is a great transition from any other institution and the school makes integrating into the school very easy.

Clay

I can't think of anything, I did a lot of research about this school before I came here.

Brooks

That engineering was going to require a lot more time than I was ready to handle at that age and to conserve money.

That it was important to get involved in clubs/plays/sports because that's where you meet people

leslie

I wish that I had know what the gender ratio really is. They say it is about 30:70, men to women but it is really a lot closer to 25:75

I wish I had known more about how much the general education classes affected my major. I came to college with an undeclared major, and was told to just worry about getting my G.E. classes done before having to declare my major. I did this, and what I learned was a lot of the core classes for my major could have also qualified as completion of my G.E. classes. This probably added at least a semester onto my stay at college because I had to spend extra time completing classes that I did not necessarily need.

Ezrah

I wish that i had know how supportive my teachers would be in my first semester. I only took 12units because I didn't know what to expect. I found that all my professors were very understanding that college is a new and, at first, daunting experience and really eased us in accordingly. If I would've known that I would have taken a full load and not had to take summer session to make up for it.