El Dorado, AR
South Arkansas Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend South Arkansas Community College

Asia

Although SACC is a community college there are many opportunities available to you. The staff care very much about students and do what they can to make the student feel safe and comfortable. I look forward to attending South Ark, and being in involved in what they have to offer for me.

Monica

I am in my fifth semester at South Arkansas Community College. I am majoring in Respiratory Therapy. I have had wonderful instructors and nothing but good experiences so far. There is no housing and they have just started a sports department. My only drawback is that the Respiratory Program was dissolved and I must transfer in the spring.

Aubrey

South Arkansas Community College is a great college to attend. The class sizes are not large at all, so if you have a question the class is small and so any question that you have will get answered. The facilities at SouthArk are amazing and if you ever need to speak with your professor they have regular office hours and they have an email that they check on a daily basis. If you were to ask me to recommend a community college I would definitely recommend South Arkansas Community College.

Decent, 2 year community college. Offers more than the average, nice instructors, with the select few that are not really "their" for the student. The advisor I use is extremely helpful, and Dr. Wache, science instructor, is an excellent individual with tons of knowledge. Overall 4/5

Janeen

This school may be small, but the advisors and professors work hard to help the students in every way.

My first and formost word of advice to myself my senior year would be to, "Search, search, and search for scholarships and grants. You can never apply too many times. Also do not avoid scholarships that require essays." I would also tell myself that, "Procrastination is your down-fall. If you are having trouble with an assignment, get tutoring, or talk to the professor to get help. Do not just quit because you are frustrated." Finally I would say, "Stay off the computer unless you are doing homework. It is a time-waster and a distraction."

The best thing about my school is the class scheduling. This is because it is set up that the student can take classes as well as work and/or take care of their home-life.

Shannon

South Arkansas Community College is the best Community College in South Arkansas because this school makes everyone feel like they are someone.

The most important advice I would give myself would be to know what I want to major in before I start college. I started college with a degree in Education, then I changed it to psychology, which I have a degree in now. I'm back in school because I want to become a teacher. I felt like I wasted four years of college and student loans on a degree that I am more than likely not going to use. I would also tell myself to stay away from student loans and credit cards. I should have saved more money, or at least gotten a job before I started school. Paying off student loans and credit cards is a very hard thing to do. If I would have known the things that I know now, I would be teaching, have less student loans and no credit cards. My advice would be to have an idea of what you want to do and go for it.

South Arkansas Community College is a great school for anyone who wants to be someone. I love their Education program because you get to choose a 4 yr school of your choose to attend and continue you're education. It's a small campus and even more smaller classes. I actually love the fact that the classes are small because I actually can pay attention to the teacher and learn something.

Desiree

Small, populated with blacks, whites, and other nationallities, the school didn't have the resources that larger schools may have. I was a transfere student and often found myself off to the side because other students had formed frindships,bonds and groups, the boys liked me but not so much the girls. I had some troubles in my home life, high school was good free time ( mother and her husband drama). Looking back high school wasn't that bad, I really wish I could turn back the hands of time, I'd do much better in my studies.

If I could go back to my high school years I'd tell myself first enjoy, get your GPA up you can learn stop being lazy, handel your business. I would also tell myself to prepare for college and go straight from high school. I'd say Desiree you have the rest of your life for boys get your education because education determines your future. Also think of how SEXY you'll be with a bachelor degree, think of your INDEPENDANCE, think of your INCOME potential. I would tell myself know you WORTH your VALUE as a WOMEN always demand RESPECT and always carry yourself with the up most RESPECT and never just Settle. You deserve more no matter what anyone says. I'd say this my sound like a speech now but trust that this is real and very important for women to remember. Most of all Love Yourself even if you think no one else does You (which is key) You Love yourself, because if y can't love yourself why would y expect anyone else to. Smile don't be so angry. It's a waste of time

The worst thing about my school was that the teachers didn't pay much attention to students of a lower social status. Counselors never counseled they didn't seem to care.

chrystal

I would convenice myself to a least get a brochure and find out more information about the school of my choice. Knowing that I would be a single parent soon, I would talk to other single parents in school to find ways to get help. I would tell myself to give it a try and and if I don't suceed I would be able to walk away with no regrets. Knowing what I know now I would keep telling myself don't give up because you have someone who will oneday want to follow in your footsteps and you have to be a positive role model. It will be challengeing and their will be times you will feel like giving up, but if you stick in their your reward will not only come from those who look up to you such as: your child or little sibblings,but also from yourself . you will feel proud and completed knowing you 've suceeded. After you graduate you will know you have what it take to suceed in life.

I love my school tutoring programs. Whenever I need someone to assist me their is always at least one person their. One of the advantages of being at a community college is the small classrooms and the ability to get one on one with your teacher and ask as many questions without worrying about taking up to much class time. Also we have an excellent acedemic program. As a friend I would encourage them to come and get additional information just in case thy would like to sign up one day.

Most of my classmates with a very positive and professional attitude, the profession we are pursuing demands a professional attitude.

My best advice to me would be to get an education early in life, it offers so many more choices. Having been employed for almost 30 years and losing a job due to economic conditions makes one think about the choices made early in life. Holding down a full time job and raising a family makes the transition to college life difficult at best. I made the choice to go to college based on a lack of options, I would advise me to get an education early and have the choices of careers that a degree offers. This would be about the best advice I could give myself knowing what i do now.

The facilities and the instructors are the most outstanding aspects of my school.

South Arkansas Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.