South Carolina State University Top Questions

Shante

The worst thing about my school would have to be how poorly money is used to finance the school.

LaToya

Poor Management

cortez

the worst thing i would have to say is students nor staff members are able to bring food from the cafe. I understand the purpose may be to keep the campus clean as possible but at the same time when the cafe gets packed with students and there is no where to sit , what else is there to do besides standing around waiting for a table to clear so you and your friends can eat.

maia

The weekends there are no activities

Scherniqua

The worst thing about my school is money situation. They went up on tution. The cost of going there was already high and not only that but also SCSU sometimes, they make the cost of school sooooo high that many students are struggling. Yes, they offer aid, but it's not enough!!

Acasia

I consider the worst thing about my school to be the ability to contact school officials when there is a problem. It is hard to contact certain offices making getting things like financial aid and important information harder.

Courtney

The worst thing about SC State University is the registration process. The lines are extremely long during the process and sometimes the staff can give you the run around when applying for financial assistance. Some of the students, as well as myself, get a little aggravated with the registration process on a whole. I think things would run a little smoother if we , the students could go on line and speed up the process altogether, but we have not reached that point yet, maybe we will by the school year 2010-2011.

Jenice

I would say the worst thing to me about my school is the small community. Coming from a big city and moving to a small town has taken me time to adjust to. To me there is really nothing to do out here, all in all the smallmess of the town is not that bad, it just takes time getting use to. Another thing i consider to be one of the bad things about this school is the campus grouds. It has alot of dirt. The sight could be alot better.

Adwoa

The worst thing about my school is the distant from my home. I am miles a way from home, so the only time i can visit home is during breaks.

Xavier

The headache you have to go throuth to get things done..classes...financial aid.etc.

Andrew

I believe that the worst thing about my school is the service given to students when it comes to financial aids and student needs. Financial aid and scholarships are often not posted in time to plan finances for school, and financial aid is often inadequate.

Sophia

The amount of foolishness one could get into. I don't mind having the social parties and concerts. However, sometimes the amount of alcohol and drugs was ridiculous. These were NEVER affiliated with campus functions, but the students would have them available. And that always gave us a bad name locally. Our campus nickname was "Party University". I always hated that because one can get a great education from SC State.

George

The worst thing about my school is that it is located in a somewhat poor environment with people who steel especially from out of state students

Precious

I would have to say that the worst thing about our school is the availability of work-study jobs. I have been trying to get a work-study job ever since my freshman year to help out with paying for the rest of my tuition that i would have to pay out of pocket and I have not been successful yet.

Larry

The worst thing is the run-around the faculty and staff give you with your financial aid and even housing.

Kendra

The worst thing I would consider about my school is the administrative process is very unorganized.

Kendall

worst things are local

Courtney

How they suck with getting students housing, especially out-of-state students ...not to mention how they do not offer enough scholarships or financial aid for students.

Clayton

For the most part I think that the trash that is threw on the ground by the students is the worst part because the cleaning crew doesnt get around as quickly as they should.