South Dakota State University

« See more reviews of South Dakota State University

I wish I had known how much time I would have to put into studying course material. In high school, I didn't have to put in as much time as I currently do at college. If I would have known this before, I would have been able to better prioritize my time before I came to college and be more prepared to stay busy with schoolwork.

I wish I would have known that the athletic facilities were not going to be changing much after being promised they would. I wish I also knew that their business program was strictly econ based. That is my part on the research that I should I have done so I am at fault there.

I wish I would have known that the size of a campus can have a large impact on a student, but also the set up of the campus. When it is weather time, walking to class in -15 degree weather, and walking back to the dorms isn't something I was prepared for!

I wish I had known more about the Bookstore and purchasing books. I spent three times as much on books my first semester than I really needed to. I didn't know the options available to me like renting, sharing, and buying used textbooks.

I wish I had known the majors more indepth. I feel it would have helped me in making a successful choice in a major for a successful career.

Caldwell Hall is really boring and the people living there typically don't socialize with one another. The other dorms are great.

I wish I had known how much I was really going to eat off of my meal plan so that I didn't bring so much food.

Not to buy books right away because sometimes teachers never even have you crack the book open!

I wish I had known how hard metally school was going to be, but its well worth the frustration.

I wish I would have known how much my major was going to cost besides for the cost of tuition.