Avon Park, FL
South Florida State College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend South Florida State College

Caitlyn

The adivce that I would give myself, traveling back in time would be not to take high school for granted. Passing classes is easy but getting straight A's, maintaining those A's and actually taking the time to learn and grow from the lessons you learn in classes in high school are more valuable then you think. I would tell myself to focus more on school, on getting better grades, and actually applying myself to getting scholarships and better SAT scores for Bright Futures. I would tell myself to not procrastinate about turning assignments in and studying for tests at the last minute; learning better studying habits will really help you in the future not only on tests but on research papers and other assignments because working on an assignment ahead of time would ensure yourself on getting that A you deserve and that you know you could get. Another tip would be managing your time more wisely. Instead of going out with your friends every weekend make extra study time for school. In the end, all of this will truly help, you...us...me in college and my future!

The kind of person that should attend SFCC is a person that has motivation, drive, commitment and hard-working to prove that if they can make it here they can make it anywhere. Attending SFCC gives students the chance to expand their dreams. With a good selection of courses to choose from and financial aid are provided to students who WANT to make something of themselves; for those students who want a career or want to go to a different University they make the choices to start somewhere instead of letting the opportunity pass them by after High School.

The kind of person that shouldn't attend this school is a person who isn't going to put forth effort in class. A person that doesn't put forth effort doesn't show that they really want to make a difference or better themselves in their future. People shouldn't take SFCC for granted because they provide you with opportunity to learn an grow to give you that opening for your future career.

In highschool I was smart enough to get by with A's and B's and not do any studying. This was a major mistake on my part. Some of the beginning classes i found the same approached still worked but as I entered Calculus and Physics i found it difficult ot adjust to the work. Granted I did fine and passed with B's but I am no longer happy with B's. I would tell myself that College may not seem important now but in the future its all you have. Work your butt off, study and dont wait for people to offer help or information go find it. I see people now I graduated with alot further than me, not because im slacking but because they took initiative early on and got things done. Now I am wishing i would have done the same. Between highschool and finding a career is boring at times but the hardwork will payoff and you can enjoy the next 30-40 years doing something you absolutly love.

I would say the fact that it is a small school. Although it had downsides the personal attention and availability of everyone is nice to have.

The quality of some of the professors are less than stellar but as I've advanced there have been a couple of great ones. But that is understandable because of the area and the fact that it's a small community college.

Rebecca

My school is best known for it's amazing and competitive Nursing program. A few years ago, the school bought new equipment for the Health and Science building. The equipment is very technologically advanced and modern.

To begin with, I would tell myself to never give up on my dreams of pursuing my future career. Although times may get rough, nver give up. Second of all, I would tell myself to learn how to be more organized and responsible. College is not a joke. The professors do not have time to play. Responsibility is a key skill in the college world. People who arent responsible tend to settle for less and never reach the goals they once aspired. I would also tell myself to always stay focused and keep my eye on the prize. College is not only a place to further one's career but to also meet new people and experience new things. One should enjoy the experience but also remember to stay focused and not allow anything, and I mean anything, get in the way of mybright future. The transition may be a little frightening but at the end, it's worth it because then you have ended one chapter of your life and began a new one...

I would consider the elevator the worst thing about my school because it is not reliable! The elevator is famous for randomly shutting down and there has been a few instances in which the elevator has conveniently stopped midway with students inside!

My school is very student oriented and strives to work with its students to help those who have no career find one and those who have a career in mind work toward that goal.

My classmates are very career oriented and driven by motivation to succeed as Registered Nurses in the healthcare field.

I waited four years from high school graduation to attend college. My advice to myself would be to continue your college education as soon as you graduate high school because there is no time like the present to further your education and career to make a small difference in your world. Don't wait to attend college. The harder it is to start back to school once you're in the habit of not going.

Katherine

I would tell myself to never give up. Strive for the highest goals and work hard in achieving them. Work hard now, because in-the-long-run, it will pay off with great rewards.

Any person should attend South Florida Community College. However, they have to be comitted and willing to work hard and succeed just like they would at any other college or university. They should have high ambitions and want to succeed in life. SFCC is a great school for a person looking to save money, but still get a quality education. It is a great school for that person who wants to attend college, but isn't ready for a university.

I brag and tell my friends that I am saving tons of money, but still getting a good education.

Katherine

If I could go back in time, I would have lots of advice to give myself. College is very different than high school. Some say that it is the same, but it isn't. I would tell myself to study hard and never give up! College is harder than high school. You can't just cram an hour before a big exam; you must study over a period of time. I would also tell myself not to stress too much over grades. Since college is harder than high school, you can't expect to get straight "A's." It is possible, however. In the end, it is the degree, or that single piece of paper, that counts. Employers are not going to look at your GPA. I would say to have fun and enjoy the college experience! It is a time that you will remember for the rest of your life! Get involved on campus and off. Do fun random things; hang out with your friends and make memories! College is the start of the rest of your life. What you learn there, is going to impact you and your future!

The worst thing about my school is the lack of campus involvment.

South Florida State College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.