Lafayette, LA
South Louisiana Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend South Louisiana Community College

Natalie

Havent Started it yet but I am sold on the idea of school because of my experience at STUDENT SUCCESS LIVE orientation.

Kahla

I like the school because I am able to get my base classes done and the professors have followed their office hours schedules. The staff are kind and helpful and the campus is very nice looking and a comfortable place to be. Unlike some colleges, the food at the Cafe is very good and enjoyed by many students. If you need help with something there is a security place inside every building where you can get help, or a library to go to if you need to research something.

Brandie

Overall, SLCC is a great community college to attend. The location and small classes are convenient for returning adult students. The elective courses that are offered are limited, but most of the major courses are offered. The faculty I find are accommodating and eager to help the students.

Audrie

South Louisiana Community College is a bit small but overall I have been happy with my experience. The professors that I have had have all been kind and extremely helpful with any questions or concerns. The financial aid office is a bit hectic but that's understandable. I do wish that you were assigned an adviser based on your major as opposed to being assigned one randomly.

Bennett

I would tell myself to become more serious about my work ethic and spending habits. Saving enough money to pay for tuition and books is very important and it would have been much less stressful to have saved money for my schooling instead of spending most of it. As far as my academics are concerned, I would have told myself to keep the same focus on finishing my homework as I had in highschool but to set aside more time to do it. College professors are very picky about every part of the assignment and sometimes the work needs to be double, even triple checked. Also surrounding ones self with good, hard working, dedicated people will help you to excell. People who are similar to you and are worried about the quality of their work and having it finished on time can sometimes carry you through the hard times that will appear throughout your academic career.

The school is very unorganized. The school year of 2013/2014 I won a scholarship through the school before the fall semester began and I did not reveive any of the scholarship money until the summer of 2014. Many other students have complained of similar problems with South Louisiana Community College.

The campus is small and easy to get around. As it is only two buildings, making it from one class to the other is very easy and simple. Most of the time the next class is just down the hall. The small campus also makes it easy to know many of the students attending the college.

Andrea

My classmates are friendly and motivated.

My classmates are friendly and motivated.

I would tell myself not to stress about making all my life decisions in just a few months. I wouldn't have worried so much about my prospective major because you will, in fact, change it at least three times before you decide on one you enjoy. It is always good to explore your options and taking interesting classes. College is a great resource for networking, making new friends, and trying new and strange things you probably never thought you would.

The most frutrating thing about my college is the lack of efficiency and unorganized distribution of information in a timely manner.

Tricia

I would have completed my college education a long time ago. It is not easy going back to school and working full time.

There is really nothing wrong with South Louisiana Community College. They are a great school to attend and their tuition cost are reasonable. They offer night classes for those of us who have to work although it is difficult to schedule classes because not all classes are offered at night.

The worst thing about the school is the academic advising. You pretty much need to know what you want to schedule before you go to schedule your classes.

Chelise

I'd first prove it's me by saying, look under your bed, theres a Bible and a map, for all the times you ever get lost that no one else would know you have. Then I'd say I know its tough, but please quit worrying about him, he's going to cause much more pain then its even worth. Stay focused on your school work, you are doing great. The effort you put forth at everything you do is probably your most prize posession. Think about the future more than you think about your mistakes. You are so intollerant of mistakes and eventually that will cause a set back. The future is the most important thing that you have, so plan it wisely. Do yourself a favor and hug granny as much as you possibly can; she loves you more than you know and she has so much faith in you. I know sometimes things get tough, but stay strong and keep your head held high because these are no where near the best years of your life. The things that God has in store for you are unbelieveable so get ready and hold on tight!

The atmosphere at South Louisiana Community College is the best thing that my college has to offer. The students come in a variety of race and ethnic backgrounds. The teachers and staff are very friendly and encouraging to my fellow classmates and I. South Louisiana Community College is more laid back than a university and the classrooms are more on hand and personal. I love attending SLCC because the classrooms are more than just a place for learning, they are a place for achieving and succeeding.

At South Louisiana Community College, anyone is welcome. If you are someone looking to attend school to learn, grow, and gain personal knowlege, then SLCC is the place for you. A person who is not willing to work and learn should not attend this school. My school is a place that welcomes everyone with open arms but the more willing someone is, the greater the experiance.

Kaylee

SLCC is small but effective when it comes to understanding any subject matter; students always feel like they can ask questions and that they will get an answer.

Small class sizes and teachers that can communicate the subject well to the students.

Don't take time off to relax before you start college, it isn't worth it. You come back from a semester off and you have become lazy and your brain has to work twice as hard to catch up to others who got back into the school swing right after highschool.

South Louisiana Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.