Polkton, NC
South Piedmont Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend South Piedmont Community College

Brittneyzz

I have had a decent experience at SPCC, but I can't wait to transfer to an actual university! I love the art program at SPCC, the Cafe has great food, the teachers are awesome, but there is no true college experience. There are no sports but there are other clubs!

Marshal

South Piedmont Community College is a very good college to attend especially compared to other community colleges in the area. Class sizes have a way better teacher to student ratio allowing for you to actually get help and information when you need it. Classes are not taught in stadium class rooms full of students just watching a prerecorded message of the course material you actually get to participate. With the recent expansions of the Tyson building for the technical and continuing education classes has vastly opened options for students. I currently attend classes in that building where you can run machinery and wire electrical circuits as part of class instead of just reading information out of a book and struggling with practical application of the material. All in all if you are looking for somewhere to attend college with a decent cost, good learning atmosphere, and a diverse group of students to make friends with SPCC is a good place to start.

Jared

I really love South Piedmont Community College! I was scared going in because I did not know of anyone who was attending this college but I ended up making lots of friends along the way and getting along with everyone in my program including the professors! The food is absolutely amazing here, I feel very comfortable in my major and always know when and where to reach out for help from my advisors or from my own professors! The environment feels very safe and friendly, I have never felt like I am in danger or unsafe around anyone or any sort of situation on campus. There are lots of quiet areas to go that you can study or just hang out with your friends when you are in between classes. The professors are absolutely amazing and you can really connect with them and get one on one time if needed so. The clubs and organizations at the campus are student held and they are very open and welcoming to anyone who is looking to join a club or organization at the college. I would rather go here than a restaurant to eat, it is that good! I would definitely recommend this college to anyone looking to get an associates degree, or do what I am doing and getting a two-year degree then transferring onto a four-year university! Anyone who is looking for a small hometown community college campus feel is in the right place if they choose to attend South Piedmont Community College!

Tristan

It's a great school that continues to grow every year. There's opportunities there, but, the students haven't seen that yet. A few more classes added would be great for the school. Prices for food are a bit high. The class size are a perfect median for the amount of people who do attend, so you do get attention from the professors.

Lanicia

South Piedmont Community College is a great gateway school if you would like to pursue a higher education. With decent class sizes, tutors available at any time, and activities awaiting it is easy to love this school. The cost to go here is also another reason to love South Piedmont, the payment plan that they use is an extremely helpful tool that students can use to easily pay off their student debt. Overall South Piedmont Community College is simply a tool "to start here and go anywhere", which is their slogan that I could not agree more with.

I would tell myself to take seated classes for at least the first year of college until you get comfortable with the college curriculmn. I would also tell myself tonot be nervous about adjusting to college life because being iin college is nothing like being in highschool. The students there are attending college for the same reason you are and all the drama and petty things students worry about in highschool are not even thought about in college. I would also tell myself to apply for as many scholarships as possible that way paying for tution is not such a problem. The last thing I would tell myself is that you should go to college becuase you want to be there not becaue your parents are forcing you to go and to major in a carrer that makes you happy. Also make sure you are prepared to put in the work for the classes becuase although socially college is eaiser than highshcool, education wise college is much harder and college does not have room for people who do not want to put in the effort to do their work.

I think the teacher student ratio is the best thing about my school. The students can get more one on one time with the teacher helping them understand the work better. Having such a small class makes it easier to adjust from the transition from highschoool to college.

A person who is not willing to put in the time and the effort for the school work. A person who is a procratonater and thinks that college is a place to party and not a place to learn.

ReTasha

It's a learning, hands on institution with small classrooms.

It's a learning, hands on institution with small classrooms.

I would tell myself that your past doesn't define your future. Take a step out on faith & continue your education. You have to do what's in your best interest & not fall prey to peer pressure.

The one on one interaction you receive from the instructors. In other institutions you can run the risk of just being a number, but when you have smaller classrooms the instructors get a chance to work with you more.

South Piedmont Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.