Levelland, TX
South Plains College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend South Plains College

Gracie

South Plains College is located in Levelland Texas. It has two branches in Lubbock Texas that makes it convenient for me to attend. They offer classes where you can earn an associates or get certified in a field.

Well Gracie here you are a Senior. Who would of thought you would have made it? You know what I mean both your parents never finished school. Your grades never mattered as long as you were passing. Well that is the past and here comes the future. It's all about you. Its time to make something of yourself. If you are thinking that College is the same as High School it is not. Don't be afraid, College is challenging but not the way high school was. If you can graduate from high school you can make it in college. Just think no parents its going to be great. You will be responsible for you, getting to class on time, doing your homework and getting registered for all your classes. You have already done all this in high school just don't be scarred you can do it.

The best thing about South Plains College is that the classes are small. When you have smaller classes that allows the teacher to get to know the students better and vise versa.

Danetta

If I could go back and give myself advice for college, I would tell myself to learn to study. I have not been a good student thus far in that aspect, and it is something I am currently working on. Studying is so important for college, and to keep my grades up it is a necessary factor. Also I would tell myself to eat healthier and exercise. Eating healthy and exercising is so important to keeping me going throughout the day. I don't get sick as often, and I have studied and learned the benefits of taking vitamins and even started to do yoga as a daily exercise. Finally, I would tell myself to save, save, save! I want to eventually transfer to Lubbock Christian University and for two years there, it will cost me at least 32,000 dollars, assuming that the cost doesn't go up. So right now I am working hard to save, and I am still way too far behind where I should be. So, if I got to go back, I would try to make myself realize how much different and better college would be, but also the reality college shocks you with.

The advice I would give is to do better than high school, study more hours, manage your time and money, and get plenty of rest for quizzes and exams.

The best thing about my school is to help me be a better student than before. I can have a better job that pays good money.

The worst thing about my school, it's too far from home.

Mercedes

If I could talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself not to give up on my dream of becoming a doctor. I realize now that college is a lot more difficult than high school and to warn my high school self would save a lot of stress and concern. I also would tell myself to take more dual credit courses, especially the ones that are on my degree plan. I had all of my courses and books paid for by scholarships, and I should have taken more classes while they were easy to pay for. It also would make the transition easier because I would have known more of what to expect. More advice I would tell myself is to expect professsors to assume that you remember every detail of what you learned in high school. I had a lot of trouble in my chemistry class because it was two years since I took chemistry in high school. I wish I took better notes and kept them to use in class now.

The worst thing about the school is the parking. There are never any parkings close to the science building where I am most of the time, it gets cold and I have to walk a long ways.

The most frustrating thing has to be that there are at least three different advisors for my major and I cannot get a hold of any of them. I go to a school counslor but she know things in general not the specifics I am looking for.

Destinee

I like the fact that the classes you take at South Plains College will transfer to a four year university. Some other two year colleges do not transfer all of your class credits to a four year university. South Plains College is also a small school, which had drawen me to them. I didn't want to be in a huge school coming from a small high school.

First of all, college is not what you expect it to be. College requires alot of studying and staying on top of your grades. It is not as easy as high school, nor do you always know where you stand gradewise like you do in high school. You have to be able to figure out what your grades are on your own and be able to be prepared each day you come to class. Being prepared is the best key, you never know when you might have a pop quiz or a test that day. Take very good notes this will help when studying. Always go to class, try not to miss a day, because you will fall far behind. Get to know your professors, they are there to help you not be your enemy. I can not emphasize this enough study, study, study and make more time for school. If you do all of this you should do just fine.

South Plains College has many different types of programs to choose from. Any program you choose, you have three different schools to choose from to continue with that program. The classes in these programs will transfer to Texas Tech University, Lubbock Christian University, or Wayland Baptist University. I like the fact that you can choose your four year university and be taking classes that correspond to that specific four year university. South Plains College also has a 23 to 1 ratio in the classroom. The professors know your name and are willing to help whenever you need them.

Haley

Someone who is interested in recieving an education. They have a really good technology program and different associate degrees. Someone should attend it if they do not know what it is you want to do. They will help you. Its a small campus but just big enough and it is very affordable.

The only reason i could think of for someone not to attend this school would be if they were not intersted in persuing a career.

South Plains College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.