South Seattle College Top Questions

Looking back on high school, I remember not caring much for school or education. If I could go back and talk to myself from high school, I would tell myself to not give up without trying. Sure, the transition to college is hard. Believe me when I say that I have had countless sleepless nights. Or weeks where I was lucky to get so much as eight hours of sleep all together. But it's important to know that all of the obstacles that you face in life are only temporary and what has helped me ever since enrolling in a college is not focusing on the obstacles but focusing on the results that I hope to achieve. Such as a nap at the end of all the craziness.

jazmin

Be confident and savage. Make smart decisions. keep doing what you do, only push an extra 300{4a082faed443b016e84c6ea63012b481c58f64867aa2dc62fff66e22ad7dff6c} more. Your choices about school can never go wrong. You chose this school to truimph.

Nicholas

Get on a regular and effective work out regiment. The good looking girls still don't care how smart you are they want a guy with big arms and broad shoulders.

Bahja

I would tell myself to join as many clubs as I can,volunteer as much as I can and keep track on all my assignments because grades really matter in your senior year.

Mignon

I know that I would have been too stubborn to listen to my own advice as a high school senior. I would recommend to myself to take advantage of the variety of experiences that college has to offer. This is a wonderful luxury that you are provided in your youth- the time and ability to pursue ANYTHING! I would mention caring for others in a healthcare setting. The personal rewards alone are tremendous not to mention the amount of good that is being done. As a high school senior my focus for college was fashion and photography. I earned a degree in photography, which is a tremendous passion but not necessarily a career path for me. I did not work a serious job until I graduated from college. From my work experience I began to understand my true professional self. The beauty and frustration of hindsight is that you now know what to change, but ultimately it is up to you to utilize these life experiences to your own future benefit. This is why I have chosen to change my career.

Allison

One piece of advice I would give myself would be to take advantage of the Running Start program. This program would have given me a jump start on college and I would only need to attend my university for two years instead of four. I would also be saving a lot of money.

The best thing I have learned since I finished high school is to take your time. The key to getting a good education is wanting to learn. Really stop and think about why you are going to go to school, or not go to school. When you are ready to learn and move forward you will know.