South Seattle College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for South Seattle College

South Seattle Community College is a great school for students who want to pursue their education. Hands on training and access to after school tutoring along with accessibility to the teachers at all times. I would defiantly recommend anyone to South in the future.

South Seattle college is a place where you will find instructors that support you and take extra time to help you succeed. In this diverse campus, I've never once felt out of place. The classes aren't easy, but who would respect an easy college? If put in the work, and the professors make sure you finish and always recognize your efforts. I couldn't have chosen a better place to pursue my Associates Degree.

George

I love South Seattle. Since graduating high school, for all but one quarter have I attended the school. I have not had really any bad experiences with my peers of professors. Everything needed regarding school is attainable from professors to advisers. You name it. Until I graduate with my RN/ADN, I will continue to go to the school.

Jamila

It’s a good school very diverse , the teachers are always helping you and it’s affordable. When I first started going I was a junior in high school (I did running start) I was really nervous and to be honest the area I live in is primarily white. So I wasn’t expecting south to be very diverse. At my high school there’s only a handful of Hispanics and at south in my first class most of my classmates were Latinos. I felt comfortable and it was nice to be able to learn with my people. My teachers were also from different races and backgrounds but they all were welcoming and really did their best to help. South Seattle also had many different programs that helped you financially and in my case it helped a lot because I was a high school student not earning a lot of money so they made Getting my degree possible.

Ana

Overall, I found south seattle very friendly. It was definitely easy to get in touch with admin and financial and any other offices. Teachers were nice and class sizes were great. Maybe because it was a community college, I did not find much groups and associations.

Alexandria

Great college for a financially struggling student. Great place with lots of financial opportunities for students. There are some professors here who seem old school and have thier old ways set in stone. There are also some of the most amazing professors I have met here. From my psychology professor, Kuwada, to my PreCalculus I professor. There were a great number of people here who I felt cared about me, and who have cared about the well-being of other students. It's a great place!

Chloe

At first, I felt intimidated by many students because as a Running Start student, I'm very young. However, this college is full of many different people of a wide range of age groups, so I don't even feel the need to tell others my age unless it just pops up. I'm very grateful for the opportunity I have through Running Start, because I have the option to enroll full-time and graduate with an Associates degree at the same time as graduating high school! Then I can move on to a four-year college, and not pay as much or as long as many others at my high school.