South Suburban College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for South Suburban College

michelle

Piece of trash school. Uneducated teachers that have no business teaching 4 year olds. The school is dirty and rundown. They have what I guess they call a cafeteria, it’s absolutely disgusting. Very unprofessional administrators. Little or no follow up when trying to get information/answers.

Diamond

South Suburban College gives extremely gracious amounts of funding to students through grants and scholarships! It also has a great honors program with honor specific clubs and events. It's a large enough campus also with an amazing basketball team that hardly ever loses. The students can make the place a real drag, looking to hookup with each other or smoke rather than pay attention in class and participate in events. Still, major specific courses such as film appreciation are filled with truly passionate, cool students!

Veronica

It's a great school to attend, one because it is very affordable. The cost to go to this school won't leave students in any debt. Furthermore, the school offers a variety of scholarships for students to apply for that may help financially. Also the teachers and staff members are very great at being involved with their students and wanting them to succeed in the class. They have office hours that are convenient for the students. The school also has many activities for students to take part in. I am in Phi Theta Kappa so I am able to meet a variety of different students at my college that have the same determination to do their best. Overall, South Suburban College is a great community college to study at.

Kevan

It is a school that most people are trying to get out of. The best part about it is that it's cheap. Other than that there's not much to it. It looks like a jail, most students dont care and drop a lot of classes. Some teacher dont care as well. I have made lifelong friends here but I dont think it prepared me for the university I'm going too. They also dumb down some classes because most people there have a 2.0 GPA.

Antionette

South Suburban College is an amazing facility. There are many opportunities to grow and better oneself at this college. The professor and other staff are extremely polite and professional; they are also always willing to help us students. The resources here at South Suburban College are of great help and are easily accessible. Overall, South Suburban College is a great stepping stone for young people who are planning on furthering their education and becoming knowledgeable citizens of today's society.

Alexis

South Suburban College is a great foundation of college experience. Being a community college, the class sizes are nice, and teachers know the students by name. My experience at South Sub has been better than I thought it would be. I absolutely love the athletics and the coaches are great. Coming to South Suburban was a really great decision, and I know I will be able to transfer to a four year with no worries.

Bolu

it is an ok college to attend, there is nothing much going on. It is mostly an in an out school. Students here usually come to attend class and they are immediately out again, there are not too many facilities around the teachers keep regular office hours although some of them encourage you to call them if you need their help outside of their office hours

Kristian

My opinion on South Suburban is that it’s a great school for people to get a foundation for what they want to do but don’t know how to achieve it. The school staff really cares about helping people with their education. They have a lot of good programs too if people want to jump straight into a career. The College is also great because it’s good for people who couldn’t afford to go to a four year university can still get the same education as them for a lesser price. I do recommend this college for people who are living in the south suburbs of Chicago, it’s much closer and they have two locations. There’s one in South Holland and the other in Oak forest. The school is great!! And I’m glad to be apart of this institution.

Frazonna

South Suburban College is a public community college in South Holland, Illinois. It has a second campus in Oak Forest, Illinois. South Suburban College has around 11,317 students currently enrolled. I personally chose to attend South Suburban College because of its affordable price of education and its familiarity to me and my community. I attend the majority of my courses and classes on the main campus situated in South Holland, Illinois. Although I never attend classes at the second campus, at the Oak Forest Center, it is not too far because of its Oak Forest, Illinois location. I am currently a first-year student, so I am still learning the ropes myself. Needless to say, South Suburban College provides an intimate learning environment for its students, which I particularly appreciate. Classes and lectures are more of smaller group of students. South Suburban also provides college credits to selective public high schools through its dual-enrollment programs. Sports and activities, in comparison to a university, are fairly limited considering its standing as a junior college. Some of the Men's Athletics are limited to basketball, baseball, and soccer. Then, Women's Athletics include basketball, soccer, softball, and volleyball. All athletics compete in the NJCAA. South Suburban College is affiliated with Chicago State University, DePaul University, Governors State University, Illinois Institute of Technology, and the University of Saint Francis. Some of our competing colleges include Prairie State, Moraine Valley, and DuPage. The rest include Elgin, Harper, Joliet, Lake County, MacCormac, McHenry County, Morton, Oakton, Triton, and Waubonsee.

India

South Suburban College is an excellent 2 year community college to go to. Students have the opportunity to complete prerequisite classes before entering into their program. I also have family members that had great success going to South Suburban College