McAllen, TX
South Texas College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend South Texas College

lisbet

What's unique about this school is that the professor's help you out and explain you everthing that you need to be clear at.

The advice I would give myself would to keep going on, don't stop on what you want to be in life. It's really easy to be in college , it's not as hard as many people say it is. All you need to have is the money to pay your classes and for that, there's lots of scholarships that you can apply for.

The person that sould not attend to this school would be someone that has the money to pay a more higher rated school (University).

SanJuanita

I would advise myself not to get married at fifteen an have a child. It is better to go to school and then get married my children have had a difficult life because of the choices I made as a young girl. I do not advise anyone to get married before they are at least 25 years old and have a career.

South Texas College is a great college to attend they work with you on your schedule and make sure you can pass the classes. They offer free tutoring and help if you ask for it. I have so far attended 2 classes and am registered for three this semester. One of which is online. I am really enjoying this school.

The worst thing about South Texas College is that we have a large sum of students but limited space. The problem is beginning to be fixed, but it is a slow prosses. South Texas College has several campuses all throughout the valley but even with so many campuses, the amount of students that attend and the amount of classes are not enough.

Take it slow and dont rush through high school. Find out about scholarships and work hard(er) for your true passion. Listen to your heart because if you do, you will find the path you want to take. Dont waste time on things you really dont need when beinning your freshman year in college. See your options when looking for the right college. Keep in mind what you want to study; this will help you find the best college that fits you. Take that extra class in high school and find out if all of your college hours, if any, that you accumilated in high school transfer out to the college you choose to attend. Take all the help you can get!

South Texas College was ranked one of the best community colleges of the country. We as students, are offered so much and the support is great. I would say the best thing about South Texas College is the help of all the staff. The staff will go out of their way to find the answer that any student may be seeking.

Ameyally

What I find very unique about attending South Texas College is that good quality education is so close to home. Looking through the collleges that where available for me to attend, this one was close, affordable, and within personal reach.

Many things can be learned in an hour, a minute and even a second. Many seconds, hours and days have passed since my senior year in high school and along with that many lessons and experiences have molded me and broken me down only to build me up again wiser and stronger. Given the opportunity to talk to myself as a high school senior i would give myself nothing but brutal honesty. I would tell myself to get serious with the work that is about to be given to me, work that if studied and understood thouroughly, could be put to good use. I would save myself from the anxieties and stress that debilitate mind and body that come with constant procrastination. I would advise myself to put the money recieved from financial aid to better use. I would let myself know that it is not that bad, college life. I would recount the stories of interesting open minded teachers and individuals that would be crossing my path, of the intellectual freedom that was to come and how an individuals creativity would be nurtured instead of suppressed as it very often was in high school.

What I find best about South Texas College is that everyone is given an opportunity to succeed. Tuition is very affordable and may even be completly covered by financial aid. Even without scholarships, students attending are given a good staring point to launch their carrers and their future.

Pete

South Texas College is small enough to cater to its students and make them feel like they are not lost in the crowd, such as in bigger schools, but still has the credentials to provide an excellent education.

South Texas College prides itself upon its motto "Close to home but far from ordinary". South Texas College is a favorite amongst the locals due to it's proximity to the surrounding cities and its reputation for excellence.

Now knowing the demands of the world outside high school and in the workplace, I would have to encourage anyone to further their education as this can be an advantage in many aspects of life. In the work place it can mean the differance between being hired or being passed by. Knowledge is in a very real sense, an empowering tool in everyday life.

Patricia

If I could go back, it would not be high school senior. I would of started back in Junior High and give all my effort and not slack off. What kids are knowing now I wish the schools were like that back then. The main thing is I really wish teachers could explain things in a way that we could understand it and not get frustrated because we do not get it or were slow at learning things.

How much money I needed, because when I started a couple of years ago I couldn't go to school because I didn't qualify for finicial aid. Now I do but its not enough because just one book is expensive.

The people that want to do better in there life and there family.

Abel

I get along with almost all i encounter!! Some are supportive and i enjoy theire pressence while attending school!

The only thing i can really say would be just to stay more focused and concentrate on what is important, college is very fun and at the same time so important! In HS i was rather unsure on what to pursue and it took me several years to really figure out what i want to do in life, i would tell myself to focus on psychology philosophy and my arts! I wasted a bit of time messing around with diffrent degree plans and in the end i found my passions! I also would go back and tell myself to join all the clubs i can for fun, my old HS me was rather shy and closed off to the world! Thanks to college and the clubs and teachers i am far from shy and open ready to take on the world!!

I always have some fun and cool facts to tell my band mates!! I always talk to them about the cool subjects from psychology and philosophy, which is where i gather my ideas for the lyrics to my music!! they are left wishing they were enrolled!!

South Texas College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.