McAllen, TX
South Texas College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend South Texas College

Annabelle

If I could go back in time knowing what I know now, I would tell myself three things. First, pick a major that you enjoy and have a passion for. Don't feel the pressure to conform to friends or by society standards. I felt the pressure to conform to my cultural expectations and got into a field that I didn't enjoy. I felt nervous and never felt that I was in my element. It took me years to figure out what I enjoy and what I am good at because my passion and talent was kept hidden from me out of fear and trying to transform into something I knew I could not be. It's always almost more difficult to make the switch later rather than earlier. Second, get involved, connect and socialize. Networking is critical to future success. A part of that is making long term friendships but it's also about broadening your experience through others. And lastly, try to use what you've learned. It's never too early to start . That means getting an internship in your chosen field. Education is essential, but education with experience is priceless.

Jeffery

Going back and trying to give myself advice about college would be very difficult. As I look back at my life since I graduated high school I know that there are several things that I have done that I have regrets about, not just when thinking about college. I would tell myself to just be careful with everything that I do. There is not one thing in particular that I would try to convience myself not to do for one major reason. If my younger self took my advice and did change something that I did in my past then I may not be where I am know. Yes I may be a thirty-three year old freshman, but I am happily married with two beautiful daughters I would not want to take the chance of changing that for all the tea in China. My life has been full of ups and downs, especially when it comes to school, but those things have made me the man that I am know.

The school is a specialized nursing school called allied health and nursing, it is organized to train students who want to be in the health field.

I would have told myself to take it more serious while in high school and plan ahead, not to wait until I graduated to start planning for my future, I had always known that I wanted to be a nurse but did not know how to get started. I would have also said to go full force especially at that age, no children, no responsibilities, just yourself before things get more serious. Stay focused on school and be around others that have to same goals in life. Also, use all your resources and do not be shy in asking around for scholarships and grants or talk to others in your community for advise. Its not easy and can be stressful but with the right kind of mind and attitude anything can be accomplished.

Anybody who wants to be in the health profession or who are getting a higher degree as I am at this time, I am transitioning from LVN to RN and this school will make it so much easier to attend and complete.

Miguel

If i could go back in time to talk to myself i would probably tell myself to not go out partying before important exams like ACT. Also to pay more attention in classes because what the teachers are saying is important and will later on benefit you in college. One of the things i would also say is to not panic when i go to college just be calm, manage my time, and be cool about school.

I wish i would've been told to manage my time well because I am very unorganized. Another thing would be that i wish i would of known that college life isn't anything like high school, nobody cares if you were a good basketball player.

Well i tell them that it's not that big so i don't have to walk as much as them, since they are going to a slightly bigger college. =p

jonathan

My school is best known for its teachers and the students who attend it. I have heard it is one of the top colleges in the nation and i can see why. The people there are friendly and they look extremly focused on their work. Everybody helps each other out and its never hard to find people studying together. They have alot of tutors and special programs for those students who need help on there work and thats what i love about this school. It's a perfect example of the title "Community College".

GO TO COLLEGE, do not hesitate it will change the way you feel, the way you think, and the way you breath. It is super important and you will need the skills they it offers for the rest of your like. I would rather endure 2 years of hard work than a whole lifetime without an education. You will grow up so fast and learn people are not always what they seem. Self-Challenge is the name of the game, at first it might seem easy but the more you slack off the more it will come back to bite you. Do not miss this oppertunity to change your life

Everybody is local and gets along great. As soon as you step on campus you already feel confident and know whats going on. Teachers are friendly and understanding and will always help you when you need it. On a personal experience the teachers treat you as if they were your own, a family in other words. Make friends easily and study partners are never hard to find. Overall , its an awsome school and it wouldnt be if it wasnt for the teachers/students , so I would have to say the best thing about my school has to be the people

lisbet

What's unique about this school is that the professor's help you out and explain you everthing that you need to be clear at.

The advice I would give myself would to keep going on, don't stop on what you want to be in life. It's really easy to be in college , it's not as hard as many people say it is. All you need to have is the money to pay your classes and for that, there's lots of scholarships that you can apply for.

The person that sould not attend to this school would be someone that has the money to pay a more higher rated school (University).

SanJuanita

I would advise myself not to get married at fifteen an have a child. It is better to go to school and then get married my children have had a difficult life because of the choices I made as a young girl. I do not advise anyone to get married before they are at least 25 years old and have a career.

South Texas College is a great college to attend they work with you on your schedule and make sure you can pass the classes. They offer free tutoring and help if you ask for it. I have so far attended 2 classes and am registered for three this semester. One of which is online. I am really enjoying this school.

Take it slow and dont rush through high school. Find out about scholarships and work hard(er) for your true passion. Listen to your heart because if you do, you will find the path you want to take. Dont waste time on things you really dont need when beinning your freshman year in college. See your options when looking for the right college. Keep in mind what you want to study; this will help you find the best college that fits you. Take that extra class in high school and find out if all of your college hours, if any, that you accumilated in high school transfer out to the college you choose to attend. Take all the help you can get!

The worst thing about South Texas College is that we have a large sum of students but limited space. The problem is beginning to be fixed, but it is a slow prosses. South Texas College has several campuses all throughout the valley but even with so many campuses, the amount of students that attend and the amount of classes are not enough.

South Texas College was ranked one of the best community colleges of the country. We as students, are offered so much and the support is great. I would say the best thing about South Texas College is the help of all the staff. The staff will go out of their way to find the answer that any student may be seeking.

Ameyally

What I find very unique about attending South Texas College is that good quality education is so close to home. Looking through the collleges that where available for me to attend, this one was close, affordable, and within personal reach.

Many things can be learned in an hour, a minute and even a second. Many seconds, hours and days have passed since my senior year in high school and along with that many lessons and experiences have molded me and broken me down only to build me up again wiser and stronger. Given the opportunity to talk to myself as a high school senior i would give myself nothing but brutal honesty. I would tell myself to get serious with the work that is about to be given to me, work that if studied and understood thouroughly, could be put to good use. I would save myself from the anxieties and stress that debilitate mind and body that come with constant procrastination. I would advise myself to put the money recieved from financial aid to better use. I would let myself know that it is not that bad, college life. I would recount the stories of interesting open minded teachers and individuals that would be crossing my path, of the intellectual freedom that was to come and how an individuals creativity would be nurtured instead of suppressed as it very often was in high school.

What I find best about South Texas College is that everyone is given an opportunity to succeed. Tuition is very affordable and may even be completly covered by financial aid. Even without scholarships, students attending are given a good staring point to launch their carrers and their future.

Pete

South Texas College is small enough to cater to its students and make them feel like they are not lost in the crowd, such as in bigger schools, but still has the credentials to provide an excellent education.

South Texas College prides itself upon its motto "Close to home but far from ordinary". South Texas College is a favorite amongst the locals due to it's proximity to the surrounding cities and its reputation for excellence.

Now knowing the demands of the world outside high school and in the workplace, I would have to encourage anyone to further their education as this can be an advantage in many aspects of life. In the work place it can mean the differance between being hired or being passed by. Knowledge is in a very real sense, an empowering tool in everyday life.

South Texas College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.