McAllen, TX
South Texas College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend South Texas College

Michelle

South Texas College is best know for their afforadable tuition, total cost, and price to attend. If tuition plays a great factor than this might be the perfect place for you. South Texas College is know for being a competive, friendly, and a successful invironment. South Texas College is better known for the helping their students out in order to make you successful in life. They have online classes, daycare, and they even provide a bus that can pick you up at a certain place so there will be no excuses to attending classes.

Michelle you as a high school senior as all you wanted as a teen mom. Remeber that you and only you can make your life succesfull by getting a degree as a registed nurse. Don't let people affect your life by saying that you are not going to be anyone in life because you as a kid have a kid. Continue doing what you are doing which is going to high school because that plays a great factor in graduating, your GPA, and student ranking, and most importantly get rid of friends and family members that are bad influence. Make a list of colleges that you would like to attend. Make sure that you apply for the colleges you are intersted in, and since tuition, and cost to attend in college is a factor then apply for FAFSA. Take advantage of the opprtunity you have a apply for scholarships, grants, and whatever you can thing of that can help you pay for your college. Best of all continue your dream which is to become a registered nurse to help others health and be a role model to your kid, and prove those who didn't belive in you wrong.

People who should not attend South Texas College are those who are not passinate to pursuing the degree they desire. If you are not seeking to taking an eye opening challenge than this is the wrong place you would want to be. If you are the type of person that does not like competion then you might want to thing about it twice. Competion at South Texas College is the key to being sucessful. If you are the type of person that is not friendly, motivated, passionate, determined, competitive then South Texas College is not for you.

Hillary

Turn in all your homework on time. Get a planner and schedule time to study put sticky notes to remind you if you have an essay due or a project that way you wont leave everthing for the night before. Be on time to class becasue every minute in the classroom is important information. Make alot of friends and attend study groups. Always make time to talk to your prfessor one on one and get to know them.

The best thing about my school is the Political Science club. I joined it just for fun and i actually leaned how to work with people and how forums run. I learned about the different people running for diffeternt positions in out state and you come to see the real meaning of Political Science

I wish i would've had some type of tutorial on blackboard. Ive been in STC for two semesters already and i still have trouble knowing how to use that for my homework and how to access library resourses. They should schedule some type of trainging for the students.

ignacio

My classmates seems to be very closed-minded. Everyone keeps to themselves mostly.

Best known for asscosiate degrees. Also, known for an affordable education.

I would tell myself to be more prepared. Not knowning the things I know now, didn't help for my jump to college. I would be tell myself to be more aware and presistent with everything that is requried to sucessfully get through college.

Lisette

My classmates are really immature,sometimes I feel like I am back in high school.

If I could go back in time and talk to my high school self I would tell myself to focus on schoolwork and be serious about it. because as I high school student I didn’t even think about attending college and now that I am a more mature person I wish I could have known the advantages of attending college, like I know now.

The best thing about my school is that it is really cheap for thoes that pay out of pocket, and is close to home for people on a budget.

Ruby

South Texas College is a college with open degree opportunities for everyone.

South Texas College is a college with open degree opportunities for everyone.

If i were to go back to my senior year in high school, i would have liked to have focused more on my school work. I would have put more effort in registering for college instead of procrastinating. I'd push myself to do better academically .

The best thing about my school is the advisors, admissions, and financial aid offices are very easy to find as well as the classes. Professors are a huge help to the students. Its at a very convenient location, and classes can be completed online which is very convenient for me because im a single mom.

Catrina

I woulld tell myself to fill out as many scholarships as possible. Search the web search everywhere, and when you think you filled out enough apllications, keep filling out more because you did not fill out enough. Become more self relying, work ahead on school work, do not wait untill the day before or teh night before to study, it does not work you will fail. Be ready for the real world, you are on your own you now need to buy groceries, get a job keep your aprtment clean and neat, on top of all your school work, and having time for family and friends. I would also tell myself that what happens in high school with friends and flings does not matter. You will find new friends and eventually you will begin your own family sooner than you can imagine becuase your life goes by so fast, do not blink because you will miss it. Be there for your friemds and family because you never know when you will need somebody to be there for you. Lastly, be yourself, and stand up for yourself do not put yourself in a position you do not want to be in.

jennifer

When I was in high school, I really wasn't into college much. I was pretty ignorant about college and I always had the mentality I would just be a part time musician and work full time. I wish I could have known what I wanted to do when I started college. I majored in music education, but that was never my dream. I always wanted to perform, but never knew which way to go and how to go about it. I ended up not finishing college and I am barely returning. I f I could talk to myself as a high school senior, I would definitely motivate myself to think of college and work hard to pass all my core classes. I would advise myself to have a plan, and think about what kind of career would I like to have in the future. I would emphasize on the fact, that having a degree is very important to get a job and that I should do something that I would enjoy for the rest of my life.

I wish I had know that there was a campus with student services closer to where I live. I have always known about the campus in McAllen and Rio Grande City, but today I found out that I can go to the campus in Weslaco to take care of business.

The most frustrating thing about the school I am attending would be parking space. The parking lot is always so packed and it takes a while to find parking. If you have a class at 2pm (for example) you had better get to school by 1pm if you don't want to be late for class.

Estevan

I would go back in time to tell myself to take high school more seriously. I would tell myself to take more college courses in high school so by the time he is in college he would get done quicker. I would tell myself to stay focused in class so by the time he attends college for the first time he is educated. I would tell myself to do better in class so that I wouldn't worry about college. I would tell myself my college experiences and all the joy I have recieved by attending college. I would constantly bug him and tell him not to become an underacheiver and strive for better so that others can emulate. I would tell myself that everything is going fine in the future and give him a big hug for being a good student, son, brother, etc. With that being said I feel if I could go back in the past I would make a severe impact for my future. Education is very important and school is what will make your goals come true I would myself from the past before I headed back to the future.

I consider the learning experiences in classes to be the best thing about South Texas College. I feel that the teachers are great listeners and tend to a students needs. The whole learning enviornment in the classroom is very enjoyable. The professors take time in order to answer questions that a student might have. From my own experience I can gladly say that all the instructor are good at what they do. I have learned many things while attending South Texas College it is a great college. These experinces are something that I wouldn't trade for anything else.

A person that cares about his education should attend South Texas College. Also a person who has the drive and will to learn new things should attend this college. Any person that is motivated to better than life and get a great career after they graduated should consider this school. The learning experience is a great one and the professors are great people. With that being said a person that likes to communicate and isn't shy to share his opinions in class would be a great recipient. South Texas College is a great college and I recommend it highly.

i wish i could have asked around which teachers are good to have.

i wish i could have asked around which teachers are good to have.

The only negative thing i can say about my school is the teachers. i have one who i just cannot understand and i really dislike his teaching method.

South Texas College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.