McAllen, TX
South Texas College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend South Texas College

Ruby

South Texas College is a college with open degree opportunities for everyone.

South Texas College is a college with open degree opportunities for everyone.

If i were to go back to my senior year in high school, i would have liked to have focused more on my school work. I would have put more effort in registering for college instead of procrastinating. I'd push myself to do better academically .

The best thing about my school is the advisors, admissions, and financial aid offices are very easy to find as well as the classes. Professors are a huge help to the students. Its at a very convenient location, and classes can be completed online which is very convenient for me because im a single mom.

Catrina

I woulld tell myself to fill out as many scholarships as possible. Search the web search everywhere, and when you think you filled out enough apllications, keep filling out more because you did not fill out enough. Become more self relying, work ahead on school work, do not wait untill the day before or teh night before to study, it does not work you will fail. Be ready for the real world, you are on your own you now need to buy groceries, get a job keep your aprtment clean and neat, on top of all your school work, and having time for family and friends. I would also tell myself that what happens in high school with friends and flings does not matter. You will find new friends and eventually you will begin your own family sooner than you can imagine becuase your life goes by so fast, do not blink because you will miss it. Be there for your friemds and family because you never know when you will need somebody to be there for you. Lastly, be yourself, and stand up for yourself do not put yourself in a position you do not want to be in.

jennifer

When I was in high school, I really wasn't into college much. I was pretty ignorant about college and I always had the mentality I would just be a part time musician and work full time. I wish I could have known what I wanted to do when I started college. I majored in music education, but that was never my dream. I always wanted to perform, but never knew which way to go and how to go about it. I ended up not finishing college and I am barely returning. I f I could talk to myself as a high school senior, I would definitely motivate myself to think of college and work hard to pass all my core classes. I would advise myself to have a plan, and think about what kind of career would I like to have in the future. I would emphasize on the fact, that having a degree is very important to get a job and that I should do something that I would enjoy for the rest of my life.

I wish I had know that there was a campus with student services closer to where I live. I have always known about the campus in McAllen and Rio Grande City, but today I found out that I can go to the campus in Weslaco to take care of business.

The most frustrating thing about the school I am attending would be parking space. The parking lot is always so packed and it takes a while to find parking. If you have a class at 2pm (for example) you had better get to school by 1pm if you don't want to be late for class.

Estevan

I would go back in time to tell myself to take high school more seriously. I would tell myself to take more college courses in high school so by the time he is in college he would get done quicker. I would tell myself to stay focused in class so by the time he attends college for the first time he is educated. I would tell myself to do better in class so that I wouldn't worry about college. I would tell myself my college experiences and all the joy I have recieved by attending college. I would constantly bug him and tell him not to become an underacheiver and strive for better so that others can emulate. I would tell myself that everything is going fine in the future and give him a big hug for being a good student, son, brother, etc. With that being said I feel if I could go back in the past I would make a severe impact for my future. Education is very important and school is what will make your goals come true I would myself from the past before I headed back to the future.

I consider the learning experiences in classes to be the best thing about South Texas College. I feel that the teachers are great listeners and tend to a students needs. The whole learning enviornment in the classroom is very enjoyable. The professors take time in order to answer questions that a student might have. From my own experience I can gladly say that all the instructor are good at what they do. I have learned many things while attending South Texas College it is a great college. These experinces are something that I wouldn't trade for anything else.

A person that cares about his education should attend South Texas College. Also a person who has the drive and will to learn new things should attend this college. Any person that is motivated to better than life and get a great career after they graduated should consider this school. The learning experience is a great one and the professors are great people. With that being said a person that likes to communicate and isn't shy to share his opinions in class would be a great recipient. South Texas College is a great college and I recommend it highly.

i wish i could have asked around which teachers are good to have.

i wish i could have asked around which teachers are good to have.

The only negative thing i can say about my school is the teachers. i have one who i just cannot understand and i really dislike his teaching method.

This school is a community collage, that has many majors.

This school is a community collage, that has many majors.

the experience that i have received have been numerous and very helpful for my carrer. it has been very valuable to attend to achieve my goal to becoming a physcolgist.

nothing really. The school is fine . i'm planing to go to a university later on.

John

My school is very diverse consisting of many different cultures, religions, and ethnic backgrounds.

I would have told myself to take advantage of all the extracurricular activities available at my school to prepare me for college transition. I would also tell myself to take part in the dual enrollment program, which is half day school and half day community college, so that I would have been ahead in my classes when I would have graduated. I finally would tell myself that money is tight when you?re pay 2000 dollars a semester for your classes and it is important to budget yourself.

I think the school that I attend is great! The only thing I don?t like about South Texas College is that sometimes you get teachers that teach you by the book and they don?t make use of their real world experience as examples.

Keyla

I would advice myself to go for my goal dreams no matter how hard the classesare. No matter how much time i will spend in my room studing and to keep on with the nursing program to get accepeted.

In south texas college everybodytreats each other like a family.

Everyone that has goals in life and wants to acheve them.

Derek

My classmates are motivated to continue in their studies. Always to class on time and prepared. They order or buy their books on time so that they're ready for class and can follow along as the professor lectures the class.

I'd have a seat with myself and say, "Derek, once you enter college things aren't going to be the same. You're going to motivate yourself to do the work because no one else will. The professors aren't going to be pushing you to do your work like your teachers are doing now in high school. The professors don't really care if you do your work or not. They're getting paid either way. It's up to you to get the work done. You also have to be very self-disciplined and you have to learn how to manage your time wisely. You know what they say, 'work now, party later'. One last thing I'd like to tell you is to get to class on time. Professors don't like for students to come in late because it disrupts the class. So be there on time. It'll show that you are responsible and ready to learn. Remember what I've told and practice those things once you get to college. Take care Derek." That's what I would tell myself if I were to go back in time.

gladys

It is a small school most of the people are hispanic they have clubs that it help us like FBLA and FCCLA we compite in different things with another schools, we are champion states in mariachi and soccer all that things the school reconized they ive alot of advices about the collge alot of information if we don't have money they send to us things that are gonna help also we have college classes and we can advance the counselers are there everytime we needed and for me my school is everything to me I apreciated alot my school.

Something that I would say that is unique in my school is attention to all of us, I thing that because my school is smaller and we are less people than other and for me a big school they don't put more attention. Another thing is that they care alot for us to have a wonderful education to be someone in the future, for me and to all of my generation is unique. Everytime we need something they help us and give to us advices that are gonna help us, and we decide to take it or not. And

A advice that I give to me is that its alot of work that I did, have good grades pass all my classes turn in my homework on time and things it was a hard work to handle.,but at the end I could see the benefit I graduate with my generation. I continue in college and I know that is more work and different and the teachers are not gonna be with me like in my high school it is a different things and another rutine for me. The important thing is that at the end I would receive my benefit of all my work I made, is something that I would receive good things a good live and if I want to have alot of things travels the only thing that I can have it is study not be a hambuger worker or other. Because is the only thing that my parents made to me is be in school and gave the diplomas that is the only thing that they want. And with my hard work I could make it and I assume all my work to be here where I am right know and with alot advices.

South Texas College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.