McAllen, TX
South Texas College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend South Texas College

This school is a community collage, that has many majors.

This school is a community collage, that has many majors.

the experience that i have received have been numerous and very helpful for my carrer. it has been very valuable to attend to achieve my goal to becoming a physcolgist.

nothing really. The school is fine . i'm planing to go to a university later on.

John

My school is very diverse consisting of many different cultures, religions, and ethnic backgrounds.

I would have told myself to take advantage of all the extracurricular activities available at my school to prepare me for college transition. I would also tell myself to take part in the dual enrollment program, which is half day school and half day community college, so that I would have been ahead in my classes when I would have graduated. I finally would tell myself that money is tight when you?re pay 2000 dollars a semester for your classes and it is important to budget yourself.

I think the school that I attend is great! The only thing I don?t like about South Texas College is that sometimes you get teachers that teach you by the book and they don?t make use of their real world experience as examples.

Keyla

I would advice myself to go for my goal dreams no matter how hard the classesare. No matter how much time i will spend in my room studing and to keep on with the nursing program to get accepeted.

In south texas college everybodytreats each other like a family.

Everyone that has goals in life and wants to acheve them.

Derek

My classmates are motivated to continue in their studies. Always to class on time and prepared. They order or buy their books on time so that they're ready for class and can follow along as the professor lectures the class.

I'd have a seat with myself and say, "Derek, once you enter college things aren't going to be the same. You're going to motivate yourself to do the work because no one else will. The professors aren't going to be pushing you to do your work like your teachers are doing now in high school. The professors don't really care if you do your work or not. They're getting paid either way. It's up to you to get the work done. You also have to be very self-disciplined and you have to learn how to manage your time wisely. You know what they say, 'work now, party later'. One last thing I'd like to tell you is to get to class on time. Professors don't like for students to come in late because it disrupts the class. So be there on time. It'll show that you are responsible and ready to learn. Remember what I've told and practice those things once you get to college. Take care Derek." That's what I would tell myself if I were to go back in time.

gladys

It is a small school most of the people are hispanic they have clubs that it help us like FBLA and FCCLA we compite in different things with another schools, we are champion states in mariachi and soccer all that things the school reconized they ive alot of advices about the collge alot of information if we don't have money they send to us things that are gonna help also we have college classes and we can advance the counselers are there everytime we needed and for me my school is everything to me I apreciated alot my school.

Something that I would say that is unique in my school is attention to all of us, I thing that because my school is smaller and we are less people than other and for me a big school they don't put more attention. Another thing is that they care alot for us to have a wonderful education to be someone in the future, for me and to all of my generation is unique. Everytime we need something they help us and give to us advices that are gonna help us, and we decide to take it or not. And

A advice that I give to me is that its alot of work that I did, have good grades pass all my classes turn in my homework on time and things it was a hard work to handle.,but at the end I could see the benefit I graduate with my generation. I continue in college and I know that is more work and different and the teachers are not gonna be with me like in my high school it is a different things and another rutine for me. The important thing is that at the end I would receive my benefit of all my work I made, is something that I would receive good things a good live and if I want to have alot of things travels the only thing that I can have it is study not be a hambuger worker or other. Because is the only thing that my parents made to me is be in school and gave the diplomas that is the only thing that they want. And with my hard work I could make it and I assume all my work to be here where I am right know and with alot advices.

Daniel

Well some of the advise i would inform myself would be, to be more prepared by being more dependant. Dependant because in college people are not going to hold your hand. There you need to makes things happen not wait for the things to happen. I would advise myself that it is not as easy as everyone says, that inorder to pass with good grade one must strive for the best. In order to become the best you must study hard to achive the grades desired. Also that some instructures don't baby you and that when dead lines are posted you must comply with them or you have a chance of failure. Also to walt with your head up high, remember you made it to college enjoy it. Make every day like if its going to be your last one, and to remember to have dedication and determination to be what you want to be. Also to always work had because in the long run it will pay off.

The best thing I conider is the facility we have, the instructures, and the staff that makes everything flow smoothly. The instructures help you in every way possible. They provide you with enough information and knowledge to help you through out your school and carer. The facility is state of the art and it provides you with hands on work to make you understand you major easily. The staff is always there to help you out from a big problem to a simple question about a simple date. All in all I am proud of my school.

There is no person that can be deprived of going to school. In my school any one can enroll and make something out of themselves. The only things you need is dedication and determination and anyone can make it and have a future with the right knowledge. No one is let behind.

Rochelle

Now having the knowlege that I have about college, there are a few words of wisdom I would give myself when making the transition from high school to college. What I found to be the most important skill to obtain in order to be successful in college is time management. Another important skill to master is studying and it varies from person to person, I would tell myself to find the perfect way to study and retain information. Also, I would tell myself to learn how to seperate personal life issues from school because allowing one to influence the other can cause extra stress and strain on grades and academic success. In college the professors are not going to stay on top of a student to turn in course work and assignments, so knowing how to prioritize work, study, and play can be very useful in the journey to gaining a higher education.

Nadilyn

Knowing what I know now I could only give one piece of advice; "if you think you are trying hard you are not trying hard enough." When I was in high school I tried enough to where I passed by classes with an A or a B whichever I got didn't matter but I really should have shot for an A at all times. I know I could have done better but I just wanted to get through high school and be done, not really thinking about college. I finished 102 out of 498 in my school but if I would have tried even harder I know I could have done so much better and had colleges waiting at my door instead of me knocking on theirs.

Kimberly

I would tell myself to not sell myself short, that I am a smart person, I am capable of following my dreams, college is rough, I would make sure that I saved money to be able to attend. I would tell myself to wait until I have graduated before having children, would also advise myself that South Texas College is cheaper to attend and all my pre-requisites can be met there. To never let my GPA falter and to finish what I have started and never give up. Life is too short to waste on "what I could/should be doing now" "I wish I had known what I know now". A family is great I would never give them up now but if I had a choice back then and the self-confidence to purse the dream I wanted I would tell myself to finish school be a mom and a wife second. Things are hard enough with this economy and if you don't have a job that you love and the education to back it up motherhood isn't as fulfilling as it could and will be once you graduate.

The best qualities of South Texas College is that there are numerous on line courses to choose from. They also offer plenty of night and weekend courses for those like me who have families and are unable to attend school during normal school hours. They also offer one of the best nursing programs in my area.

I feel that there is no one out there that should not follow thier dreams and further thier education. All people have the right to better themselves. This school has no set backs for anyone. It doesn't matter if you are disabled, or in perfect health this school caters to all types of people and personalities.

If I had a chance to go back in time to tell me what to prepare for, I wouldnt know where to start. There is so much to college life, and life in general, that you aren't yet prepared for in high school. First i would tell my self that college is wounderful and great learning experience. You learn how to enteract with diffrent ethnics, and experience life on your own again. Just like Job Corp your going to be scared at first but you learn what to do and who to hang around to make it through to succed. Money is still a problem but that is nothing new to you. Dont trust mom, you couldnt trust her then so dont think you can trust her now. You are still struggling but your happy, finally. Find more grants, scholarships, & private loans to look into so you aren't stressing it later on during the semster. Your doing well keep it up honey, im trying to make our future better inthe future just sit back stop stressing so much. Enjoy the friends around you and the books in front of you.

South Texas College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.