McAllen, TX
South Texas College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend South Texas College

Daniel

Well some of the advise i would inform myself would be, to be more prepared by being more dependant. Dependant because in college people are not going to hold your hand. There you need to makes things happen not wait for the things to happen. I would advise myself that it is not as easy as everyone says, that inorder to pass with good grade one must strive for the best. In order to become the best you must study hard to achive the grades desired. Also that some instructures don't baby you and that when dead lines are posted you must comply with them or you have a chance of failure. Also to walt with your head up high, remember you made it to college enjoy it. Make every day like if its going to be your last one, and to remember to have dedication and determination to be what you want to be. Also to always work had because in the long run it will pay off.

The best thing I conider is the facility we have, the instructures, and the staff that makes everything flow smoothly. The instructures help you in every way possible. They provide you with enough information and knowledge to help you through out your school and carer. The facility is state of the art and it provides you with hands on work to make you understand you major easily. The staff is always there to help you out from a big problem to a simple question about a simple date. All in all I am proud of my school.

There is no person that can be deprived of going to school. In my school any one can enroll and make something out of themselves. The only things you need is dedication and determination and anyone can make it and have a future with the right knowledge. No one is let behind.

Rochelle

Now having the knowlege that I have about college, there are a few words of wisdom I would give myself when making the transition from high school to college. What I found to be the most important skill to obtain in order to be successful in college is time management. Another important skill to master is studying and it varies from person to person, I would tell myself to find the perfect way to study and retain information. Also, I would tell myself to learn how to seperate personal life issues from school because allowing one to influence the other can cause extra stress and strain on grades and academic success. In college the professors are not going to stay on top of a student to turn in course work and assignments, so knowing how to prioritize work, study, and play can be very useful in the journey to gaining a higher education.

Nadilyn

Knowing what I know now I could only give one piece of advice; "if you think you are trying hard you are not trying hard enough." When I was in high school I tried enough to where I passed by classes with an A or a B whichever I got didn't matter but I really should have shot for an A at all times. I know I could have done better but I just wanted to get through high school and be done, not really thinking about college. I finished 102 out of 498 in my school but if I would have tried even harder I know I could have done so much better and had colleges waiting at my door instead of me knocking on theirs.

Kimberly

I would tell myself to not sell myself short, that I am a smart person, I am capable of following my dreams, college is rough, I would make sure that I saved money to be able to attend. I would tell myself to wait until I have graduated before having children, would also advise myself that South Texas College is cheaper to attend and all my pre-requisites can be met there. To never let my GPA falter and to finish what I have started and never give up. Life is too short to waste on "what I could/should be doing now" "I wish I had known what I know now". A family is great I would never give them up now but if I had a choice back then and the self-confidence to purse the dream I wanted I would tell myself to finish school be a mom and a wife second. Things are hard enough with this economy and if you don't have a job that you love and the education to back it up motherhood isn't as fulfilling as it could and will be once you graduate.

The best qualities of South Texas College is that there are numerous on line courses to choose from. They also offer plenty of night and weekend courses for those like me who have families and are unable to attend school during normal school hours. They also offer one of the best nursing programs in my area.

I feel that there is no one out there that should not follow thier dreams and further thier education. All people have the right to better themselves. This school has no set backs for anyone. It doesn't matter if you are disabled, or in perfect health this school caters to all types of people and personalities.

If I had a chance to go back in time to tell me what to prepare for, I wouldnt know where to start. There is so much to college life, and life in general, that you aren't yet prepared for in high school. First i would tell my self that college is wounderful and great learning experience. You learn how to enteract with diffrent ethnics, and experience life on your own again. Just like Job Corp your going to be scared at first but you learn what to do and who to hang around to make it through to succed. Money is still a problem but that is nothing new to you. Dont trust mom, you couldnt trust her then so dont think you can trust her now. You are still struggling but your happy, finally. Find more grants, scholarships, & private loans to look into so you aren't stressing it later on during the semster. Your doing well keep it up honey, im trying to make our future better inthe future just sit back stop stressing so much. Enjoy the friends around you and the books in front of you.

maria

If i could go back in time and talk to myself as a senior in high school, i would tell my self to not make the same mistakes twice, to take advantage of the many schoolarships that are available. I wish i could go back in time to my high school years and get the best grades i could get so that i could be accepted to very prestigious university, in the situation that i am in i dont have the opportunity to travel abroad as many of my friends are doing, i would love to travel to many places while studing. I would tell my self to have fun while your young but to also think about the future, it is very hard being a single parent and attending school. To make the most out of high school because that is just going to be a chapter in a novel, college is about tocome and thats whats going to mark your future.

Well the worst thing about my school is that it is not a big school as a university. even though i like small classrooms i would like to attend a school that has many buildings. My school is the size of a high school.

When i talk to my friends i always tell them that in my school the maximum amount of students are 30. i always say that small class rooms are better than having 800 students in a class. The andvantage is more interaction with the teacher

Brenda

So you're a few months away from being a free person, parties, credit cards, and no more curfews. Yay! All of that sounds fine and dandy, but i am now twenty years old and i'm anxious to graduate from college with a degree in Nursing. I'm so excited, but i'm still a little ways off of my degree. If only i hadn't procrastinated and experimented with the so called, " college life", I could be that much closer to my dream! Ugh! Please, learn from my experience, don't get ahead of yourself! He who laughs last, laughs better! And that's true. While your friends are out partying, don't be afraid to spend Saturday night studying for Monday's exam (trust me the parties aren't worth the failing grade). Another thing, learn to save your pennies. The real world is not easy, and it's certainly not cheap; so try and be wise with the little you have, the big bucks come after college. You can do it! Trust me i've gotten this far. Although it might seem hard and time consuming, but time flies. Remember one thing, Never Ever Give Up!

A person that i wouldn't recommend this school to, is a person who has no self-motivation and procrastinators. Although that applies to all higher education schools, but it is really apparent since this school is completely a commuter campus. If you are not willing to work in groups or don't know how to, i would not recommend this school either. Professors absolutely encourage group work and evaluate you closely on this. Interaction is also demanded by professors, they always initiate debates, and push study groups outside of class. Dont come here if you cant work outside class.

Honestly, I would brag about the tuition and understanding of the professors and staff at this school. I have attended other schools and none can compare to the price and quality ratio. I am in no way lying when i say that STC has all any student would need to become a successful transfer student and or graduate. The medical programs at this school are intense and extremely hands on which is awesome because students graduate with actual experience in their field. STC is a great alternate to higher priced universities. They work closely with student transfers.

Debra

There is an absolute warmth and friendliness with the students and the faculty there. They care about your education and also do a phenomenal job encouraging and supporting you as a student there.

Dear Debra, You will soon come to the end of your high-school journey and begin a new adventure of college life which you will have more choices. Here are some nuggetts for you to enjoy your freedom: Be smart with your money. Don't get into debt by getting a new car. Enjoy the lack of responsibility that you have and put all your focus on school. Live like a student while in college so you don't have to live like like a student when you graduate. Get a job that works around your schedule and not the other way around. Prioritize school and never take a break even if you are at least taking one class but keep up the momentum. Have clear written goals for each semester. Begin with the end in mind and do research on the career which involves you interviewing about 3 professionals within that carreer so that you are confident in the major that you are doing and it will keep you motivated in school. So, open up your minds to learn all that you have potential to learn from these educated instructors who are there to walk alongside your journey! Thanks!

The instructors take pride in what they do. The teach with passion and humor.

Sandra

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would have adviced myself to finish high school and continue to college. I would also tell my self that college is very important and that I would have to get a degree before bringing any children into my life. I would tell myself that knowledge equals power and the only way to earn power is through knowledge. If I could go back in time I would tell myself that education should be my priority to succeed in the future. I would tell myself to learn a skill that could be turned into a profession. I would tell my self to divide my fun time from study time because studying for the future can make the difference in the future.

the worst thing about this school is the amount of classes offered. Why? Because there has been quite an increase in student enrollment in the past three years but no increase in professors or number of classes offered. This increase has caused the classes to be closed for registration about three weeks before school starts. The number of minimester classes is also the worst they do not offer enough even though they are full before the school semester begins, yet the school continues to accept new students.

The person that should attend this school, should be a responsible mature person, who already has a plan for his or her future. The type of person that will understand that time is golden and that he or she need to take advantage of all the different types of student aid that this school offers. This person should be able to know that his time for studying is priceless. Each person that is going to attend this school should know that they are making a commitment that will help them change their way of life in the near future.

Noe

If i could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior knowing what i know not about college life and making the transition i would advise myself to enroll into college courses that they provide in high school and to study harder and get better grades that will help me out in the future with college. Because now that i know what college is about i regret not taking the college course or attending college fairs that help me apply for scholarships that will help me out.

I consider the parking for our school the worst thing about my school because since our commmunity is growing and more students are entering the community college it is very hard to find a parking spot.

I would say the most fustrating thing about my school is that it does not provide loans for students. They go off on payment plans that sometimes students cant pay.

South Texas College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.