South Texas College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for South Texas College

It is a good school with good people and teachers. I would love to see it expand more and be more involved with other organizations. I believe with time the college will expand and get better. It has great professors with good office hours. It would be more suitable for them to interact with students more.

Sandra

At South Texas College, every student will receive many opportunities to succeed and complete your degrees. The environment is safe and the staff members are very attentive. The majority of professors are strict, yet understanding in the course to help the student success overall.

Paola

I attended STC during the summer and it was a great experience. Overall professors were always there if you needed help. The campus offers a comfortable environment. Most buildings are easy to find, no way on getting lost. I also enjoyed playing games in the student union as a distresser.

Andrea

What I like about South Texas College is that most of the classes are small, about 20 students, which makes it easy to get to know a little bit about each person. They always try to have activities, which makes the day a little bit fun, and get to meet new people, or enter new clubs.

I think South Texas College is a nice school to start off on. I plan to transfer schools, so I think that with beginning my college career, it is a good place to begin. The instructors are overall concerned and teach the subjects well. I would recommend that students start college life at STC.

Alejandra

South Texas College has 5 campuses through out Rio Grande Valley. It has hired very good professors and are all very supportive of their students. Everybody is social with everyone and are supporting others to get involved in clubs at school and it's so much fun! STC also gives students the opportunity to study abroad and many other interesting and exciting things for students to try!

Claudia

I see that South Texas College is an excellent school to attend to especially when deciding about going into college for the first, but as well if you want to continue your education. The faculty and students are well to get along with. The environment is just wonderful nothing to fancy or to dull, and all activities fit just right among each individual. I wouldn't have chosen any other school to attend at.

Heather

South Texas College is a great school for either finishing basics and transferring to a four-year university or even completing a bachelor's degree. Unfortunately, because we are a community college, a majority of our student body are "parking lot students" also due to the fact that we don't have a WIDE variety of organizations to join.

Above all, South Texas College is an institution where all are guaranteed to succeed if hard work is applied. This school has wonderful professors who are willing to go above and beyond both in and out of the classroom. Not only that, but the atmosphere is quite calm and comforting, providing a secure feeling for those who are on campus. I would recommend this establishment to those who would like to stay close to home and who are willing to be challenged academically.

Jesus

It is a good community college that people can rely on. It is safe and the professors are great and work with you. There are also many young students who are offered opportunities to take early classes to help them in their future. This college also has a great recreational area to help relieve stress there is always someone to talk to and the food here is pretty good despite it being a pretty small college and not having a big cafeteria with a lot of fast food restaurants on campus.

Maria

Great starter college but there really aren't things to get involved in. There are very few things to do to be able to meet new people. The students usually focus on the studies and there is not a great acknowledgement of other people or interest in getting to know new people.

Cesar

Overall, I believe that South Texas College is a wonderful community college that anyone could apply to. This wonderful College will help anyone succeed to graduate with an associate's degree in math, biology, engineering, computer science and many more.

Ali

South Texas college is a good school for students who cannot really afford to go to expensive schools. They have good professors, they offer a lot of programs that can help you get a job within two years. The campus is great, and the staff is really friendly and helpful.

Gaby

the school is great because there are professors who really want us as students to succeed. It is a great feeling that not only lets me know that there are other people looking out for me but also helps me push myself to be the best student i can be regardless of what im going through and where i came from. i look forward to continuing school with the resources that these people have helped me find and hope that i meet many more that can help with my success.

emeregildo

Well I'm currently in a school which STC is partner up with and its STEM early college high school. The STC teachers here at the school are very connected with students they don't let them fall behind and if help is needed they will help out those who want to get help.

Luis

South Texas College is a great school with amazing academic opportunities at an affordable cost. The degree programs range from associates to bachelor degrees. Most students who graduate from this institution, graduate debt free. This college is also a great place to get basic academic courses completed and then transfer to a four year university. South Texas College is very transfer friendly. The Professors at this college are outstanding in the way they teach and help you get through the class. The class sizes are just right, giving the students a good chance communicate with the instructors. The school offers a great tutoring service for free at the Centers for Learning Excellence. Overall South Texas College is a great two year college to get an outstanding education without breaking the bank.

Edgar

It's a very convenient school with very accessible and affordable enrollment that is very wallet-friendly. The population is higher than the other local university due to the flexible accessibility and the experience overall. I definitely rejoice with the campus and I'm glad that I chose to attend this college, I got to get along with very intellectual professors who not only I got to have them as an instructor, but to have a more personal connection with them outside of the classroom (also putting up with very bad professors in class as well). I do appreciate the support and motivation given by the school in order to continue forward in one's career and the encouragement to transfer and to discover new campuses with much more prestigious rank. I adore this college campus and in hoping that I get to leave the campus on such a high note, reflected by the knowledge received by the attending school.

Anthony

South Texas College is a great community college to have a clear thought on to just come and learn. It is a very safe environment to be with friends and study alone. It is a great way to start off my college life, especially for myself that i'm going to be transferring .

Angelita

I really love this school.

janie

My overall opinion of South Texas College is that it is a great college even though the college is lacking itself. South Texas College have great classes, you could choose your classes and how you want your schedule but the college could be more faster and quicker with financial aid.

Ricardo

South Texas College is overall a great college campus and I would recommend it to anyone that's looking for a place full of opportunities for many degree plans and full of wonderful people who care about teaching students what they need to know and is passionate about their jobs.

Isaias

The school does have a good environment but the school's educational choices are limited in comparison to other universities or colleges. For me I enjoy the school to a certain degree but there is always ways for the college to improve. Personally I have been able to have a good education but I will not continue to come to this school after my associate's.

sahayra

stc is a nice college, if you have what it takes to further your education do it. its my first year and i dont regret enrolling into stc, they teach you what you need to know in order to better your education and career for the future.

Linda

Great college and classes are affordable. The books could be cheaper though. Most of the professors are organized and keep regular office hours however there are some online professors that leave you to fend for yourself. Most of my classes have gone smoothly and I've only had one that's very unorganized.

Isaac

It's a great school and cheaper then the rest great atmosphere there always people doing something here. There's lots of places around to go have fun and eat the cafeteria serves ok food but there's lots restaurant and shopping plazas and movie theater to.

Oscar

Its a good college with good professors that are interested in their courses and like to teach students of the outside world and problems. This ensures a great learning experience, and usually these classes are interesting and dont require rigourous amount of studying.

Jorge

Its an okay school nothing special or bad at all its more like a community college where everyone seems to know each other in a daily basis since its a small campus and cozy. Classes are great people seem lively everyone seems helpful not many activities.

I believe that STC has an amazing academic program and the professors and faculty help the students with whatever they need. I just wish STC was more open to hosting events and creating extracurricular activities. I would love it if there was a feminist or environmental club. But overall, the professors and faculty are amazing and keeping students in-line with their academics, I just wish more extracurriculars were implemented into the college.

Joel

Great School. I would Recommend it to others.

Jailene

South Texas College is a very affordable institution that helps a lot of people continue with their education. The professors are always available when needed and they help with whatever question you may have. Everyone gets along just well and it’s a good welcoming environment.

Brianna

My overall opinion of South Texas College is that it's a friendly campus, the people on campus are really friendly as well. The administrators are always there when you're seeking help, such as financial aid and schedule changes to help benefit you and your daily life

Melissa

I love South Texas College, with all its flaws. I would recommend it to everyone, its great and cares for each and everyone of the students. Teachers available in and out of class, activities, clubs, etc. For a great cost of books and classes, STC is amazing

Ruby

I am currently a student at South Texas College, this would be my last semester attending and I have to say it was a great first time college experience. The faculty and staff in my opinion are wonderful. They are always on campus and since the campus is small it is so easy to navigate and find your classes. I don't think I ever had a problem at South Texas College, the parking can get crowded at times but they do provide parking slots away from the campus! My first college experience will be one to remember and glad that I chose STC to experience it.

Gabriela

South Texas College has a really good academic program and it gives excellent service to the students and those who visit. It is a safe environment nothing bad has happened. The teachers are very caring considering it's a college they make sure you understand and get the help you need but you need to ask and make sure you stay on top of things.

Amelia

South Texas College is extremely helpful in every aspect. They have all kinds of support and easily accessible information to help you get through college successfully. Whenever I have a question it is not hard where to find the answer. They have people to call, message, anything I love it! South Texas College truly cares about you obtaining your goals.

Jordan

Class size are comfortable, they’re not to big and not to small. Campus is a good size for those beginning college. There is always buildings being fixed and updated. The campus is always being cleaned. Students take part in decorating the outside.

Yazmin

STC is a grat school! it have a good academic programs, the faculty members are very kind and really help you solve problems you may have in school. STc also has great professors, a nice enviroment inside and outside the campus, secure and safe for students and it has professional staff.

abril

Affordable college.

Valeria

South Texas College is a community college located in McAllen, Texas. Because I was a dual-enrollment high school student, I will be entering college classified as a junior. South Texas College has provided me with great networking opportunities through my professors. Furthermore, the cost is unmatched. South Texas College is an extremely underrated school that does not receive the recognition it deserves.

Rene

Its a average college that provides the needs of the students.

Isaac

South Texas College is a fairly small college. If one were to visit it, I can guarantee you would not get lost. Also, the classroom size is small and I would say that about 25 students can fit in it. In addition, the classes that I have taken are fairly easy. I would recommend this college if you want to save money.

brisa

South Texas Colege has very friendly staff professors. It is a small college but everything you need you will have access to it. The classrooms and bathrooms are very clean. STC has a lot of computers for students to use if they need one. The cafeteria food is amazing I love to eat at the campus because we have a lot of accommodations.​

Alexandria Rose

South Texas College is a great school to attend if you're on a budget and/or want a stepping stone school to go to before going to a university. The professors actually care about their students and try to do anything they can to help their students learn the material.

Dina

South Texas College is a great college to attend. Professors really care about you and want you to succeed. Administration is always there to provide great student services. It is very easy to enroll and get registered. STC is full of friendly staff with a helping hand.

Aylin

South texas college is a good college, the staff there are really nice never met a grumpy staff there, also they are very helpful with what ever you need, its slowly but surely growing which is so nice.

Joanna

I believe that South Texas College is a great community college, where the professors are always willing to help, classes are small and they allow you to communicate and express yourself better this way.

Joanna

South Texas College has a friendly environment and approachable students/faculty members. Everyone there is very helpful. Even if the students do not know where certain things are at or how to do something, they still try to help in any way. The faculty are usually always available and encourage you to attend tutoring or use the sources the college provides. I truly believe South Texas College is a great place to start at.

Meron

As a dual enrollment student taking classes at South Texas College, I can say that I feel adequately prepared to take classes at any 4 year institution. STC has given me a wonderful foundation in my academics and given me insight on the rigor of postsecondary education. I urge all students to challenge themselves and pursue dual enrollment at STC.

Leslie

South Texas College is a beautiful community college located in McAllen, Texas but do have other locations spread out in the valley. I love the environment it brings, especially the library where I am able to concentrate on my studies and everyone is considerate and extremely nice. Sometimes they bring out small activities outside the buildings within the school and have music playing which is pretty neat. Overall, it is a nice campus where you are able to accommodate your classes to fit your schedule.

priscilla

It is a pretty good school considering it being for the rio grande community. I do love that they give opportunities to students in high school to join the college to begin their path in experiencing college classes at a younger age.