Savannah, GA
South University–Savannah Online

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend South University–Savannah Online

Alicia

It is a great university, but it is hard to talk to the teachers when you work while they are working. When you first start you think "man this school is on top of it". They call you asking how your classes are going, before the first day of that course and the last day. But then it just gets annoying. I have told all my financial aid and academic counsel that the best way for them to communicate with me is by email, but they still continue to call.

Alaina

South University Online Program has allowed me to continue my education on the go. I am able to access my classroom anywhere at any time. Being a very active person, I am now able to work, travel, and get an education. I enjoy South University and have recommended it to many people.

Susan

This is the best University for online studies. It prepares students so well and sets up students for success. I know so many students that have graduated from this university for Nurse practitioner and passed their board and are practicing.

Casey

Classrooms are very well structured. Classes are usually 5 weeks long. You have a quiz, reading, a discussion post, and a paper/project/test every week. Usually tons of reading, but the online lecture sums it up. Weekly discussion posts are anywhere from a few sentences to thousand word essays. professors moderate the class, but everything is basically student lead. You really have to be good at doing your own work, no one is going to be on your butt about doing it.

SAMANTHA

It is not bad so far but I am just now getting ready to start my first class soon.

Chelsea

I absolutely love being an online student since day one. I still have time to spend with my baby and be able to get my class work done. The staff is amazing and very friendly, I would recommend this to all my friends. I'm able to take just one class every five weeks or if I wanted I could double my classes up and take two or three at once, but I'm just going to keep to just two at the most.

Mieshiea

South University Online is convenient. The classes are flexible, students work at their own pace. The instructors are always available to assist the students. They have quick responses to questions or concerns. Student academic and financial advisors keep students updated about their academics and finance.

sasha

I think South University online is wonderful opportunity to learn when I have the available time, there are so many instances where I can get a hold of professors when needed, and there are advisers to help through the way. I believe with the advisers and my ambition to get things on track this type of college is the best one for me, not a lot of actually being in a class and more so getting closer to the subject at hand, while still having a professional environment. Having ways to still speak with classmates is a rather nice touch, compared to having to go out of my way to hunt them down. This school is more ran on my time than a set schedule and I like that more so than traditional academic institutions.

Brandy

By being an online student I have the privelige of learning with a diversified group of individuals, all working towards the similar goal of a better way and a better life.

Today I am 39 years old. I am confident in my abilities, however, as a high school senior I was not. I would tell myself that I absolutely have the ability. That I am smart and that I would be denying the world the privelege of my abilities. would go back and tell myself how much I will enjoy the college atmosphere and the fullfillment of a great education.

So far I do not feel as if there has been anything I was not aware of. I am very well prepared for this journey into learning. I spent a bit of time researching my university and insuring that South University was the right place for me. I am very pleased with my choice and have even reffered others.

Angela

I brag the most about the academic intesnity of the classes. Sometimes I feel as though online and distance learning institutions do not offer the competative level of education as campus schools do. This university offers online education that has academic programs that are as challenging as any of the top campus schools for similar fields. I will not be ashamed to say that I have an online degree from this institution.

I would say that challenges to academics come in all shapes and sizes. While I decided to marry and have children before I went to college, I believe learning good time management and coping skills for those challenges are the most important. I would particularly warn against the tendency to become frustrated with students who tend to put forth much less effort into the classes than I do. I have had classes where I was the only student to put the effort into making informed opinions and citing sources for those opinions. These classes can be difficult since my grades depend on other people's participation and my ability to effectively respond to those students. But I would suggest to myself finding even the smallest relevant part of their information and encourage them to share the information you find through peer reviewed sources to increase their knowledge and maybe have more resources for their own opinions and be satisfied with the job that I have done. Getting frustrated over technical difficulties during major test time or research paper time does no good either. As long as you communicate with the professors, there are usually many ways to get around them.

There are classmates who respond with supported opinions and I enjoy working with them. I find it difficult to work with students who are not willing to put in effort to find peer reviewed information to back their opinions. But the instructors certainly reward those who do put in the extra effort. I hope couselors are informing new students of the amount of work that goes into online education. It is NOT easier, simply mobile and convenient for time scheduling. More participation is actually required since we do not sit in the classroom and participate. Overall, a very decent school.

South University–Savannah Online administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.