Royal Palm Beach, FL
South University-West Palm Beach

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend South University-West Palm Beach

Victoria

I've heard some bad reviews due to cost and the changes south university is undergoing but personally I really enjoy the school. The cost of education is worth the education I'm obtaining. Thanks to my professors who are passionate about the Mental Health field, I have received nothing but good feedback out in the field. The Clinical Mental Health Counseling Program is amazing and I really as feel as though the program is set up to ensure we are ready for the real world. If I had a chance to do it again...I WOULD!

Valentine Mitsuka

this is a great school, especially for the nursing program. They provide good references to educate us in the nursing.

Michelle

My overall opinion of South University is pretty amazing actually. Even though most of the questions I had to answer didn't seem to have the best reviews, that's mainly because a lot of them did not apply to my school. South University is more for learning; not for parties, fraternities, on school campus. It's strictly for us to learn and feel safe. Professors are almost always there for us, and I say almost always because they have a busy schedule themselves. I have allowed them the 24 hour rule, if no response within 24 hours then retry to contact them. That situation is very rare though.

Excellent school for those looking for an institution that focuses solely on academics.

If you're right out of high school and looking for a social life to be a part of your college experience, then South University is not the place for you. On the flip side of the coin, if you're an adult student, or serious young adult, looking for the best education offered in the area, then enroll a.s.a.p.!! The focus on delivering the highest possible quality of education by every single staff member, offers the student that is there only to learn, every possible opportunity to achieve that goal.

Nancy

South commits to their student 100 and 1 percent. South is dedicated to the growth of each student, gearing them toward personal and professional success. South provides an environment of respect and professionalism that fosters learning to one’s potential. Instruction is delivered by an experienced faculty, most of whom are working professionals in their fields. These instructors demonstrate practical, real-world knowledge to prepare students for success. In more than 100 years of developing the minds and skills of students, South has created thousands of success stories. Once I graduate, I will tell the world mines.

I would tell myself to follow my own dreams and not to be intimidated by someone else’s. I realized that most of us follow our parents or possibly friends dreams due to impressing them or possibly to compete. A career shouldn’t be a competition, in all, it should be something you love to do and don't mind getting paid for it. During my senior year of High School I wish I applied for scholarships and really focused on my career paths. I wish my parents were more involved in my education but hey, that's life. I made the choice. Although I do have an AA in Business, I wish I actually ventured out and opened my own business. Well, everything happens for a reason. Now I'm motivated into getting my Bachelors in Nursing and opening my own Home Health agency. My story will be a testimony to encourage someone who was in my predicament... Oh yeah, I would also SAVE MY MONEY :-)

Crystal

If I could go back and talk to my high school self, I would tell her to not worry, just stick it out and you will be ok. I know High school was easy but this is real life, things are hard but worth it. You are investing this time in your future, and it will pay huge dividends. So keep your chin up, work hard and you will be receiving another letter from the future showing you all the things you will accomplish!

They allow you to take more classes per quarter/semester, allowing you to complete your degree in a faster time table.

The fast rate of class completion does not offer a chance to go in depth on many topics.

Kesann

My school is unique because it conveniently has 15 different campus locations throughout the United States. My school unlike other schools that I have considered attending works with you from the moment you decide to attend their University to the moment you graduate and land a job. They ensure that every school year or quarter you speak with a financial aid advisor who explains your yearly cost, your scholarships or grant awards, and your out of pocket fees for the year/quarter and help you come up with a plan to cover those fees.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would advise myself to dual enroll some of my college introductory classes instead of taking advance placement classes in subjects that I have no interest in. I would also advise myself to do all the research I could do on my intended major and begin my remaining college classes the summer upon graduation rather than waiting til the Fall semester to begin. Although my college transition was pretty smooth, I do regret not beginning sooner than I did. Knowing now how expensive college can be, I would also advise myself to save up as much money I possibly could.

The worst thing about my school is that it is a private school thus it is very expensive.

Koryetta

My college self would say take a breath and hold on. Sometimes things in life aren't what you thought they would be. You have to research things for yourself to find your way in Florida Schools. Try and know what you are going to do in your life so not to waste time taking classes and wasting financial aid because you are not advised correctly from the beginning of your college life. Ask questions an ask again. It took me till now to find hopefully the correct school. Be proud of yourself knowing what you have accomplished so far.

Gabriala

Knowing what I know now about college life, I would tell myself to prioritize and plan ahead. I had no well thought out plan for my future. My ACT and SAT scores could have been higher if only I had studied the material and took advantage of the opportunities to seek help. Also, I would have researched schools and the criteria of getting admitted so I could have gone off to a university the first time around. Not to mention, I would have applied for several scholarships to finance my education because I had no clue on how I would afford to do so. Luckily, I applied in time to receive funding that has been a tremendous blessing. I know my faults and should have planned ahead. Although I went through that experience, I have since gained much knowledge. It has not been the worse situation for me but now I can help other students so they do not make the same mistakes I did. As my previous advisor told me, “proper planning, prevents poor performance”!

I wish I had known the cost of the school so I could have been better prepared and not stressed.

People who are not focused and serious should not attend this school. Due to the cost there should not be any fooling around.

Marcus

South University is in my opion one of the best accelerated schools. The Professors are very passionate about teaching and will not stop until they feel that the students understand fully. I would not have it any other way but the South University way!

Assuming that I could go back in time to give myself advise on the things that I know now as a college student. I would defintely take advantage of it just to let myself know that college is not something you should be afraid of. When I was a high school senior I did not have the confidence in myself to take on college. I thought that college would be a wast of money and that I was not on the same level as my peers academically. Boy was I wrong! It took me six years after high school and facing some of lifes challenges to wake up and get serious about furthering my education. If I had the chance to let my high school self in on the hardships life has without an education, I think my past person would forget about the fear of wasting money, not having confidence in oneself and chose college over trying to just get a "good paying" job.

I do not fully support every detail in regards to the attendance policy. I agree that students are expected and should want to attend all scheduled classes and examination periods in order to succeed at South University. However, some consequences are exaggerated from my viewpoint. Touching on the "If a student overall absences exceed 25% of the scheduled class time for the course, the student will be administratively withdrawn from the course" policy, is on the extreme side. I feel that facility members should investigate the reasons as to why the number of days were missed before taking exterem measures.

South University-West Palm Beach administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.