Cape Girardeau, MO
Southeast Missouri State University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Southeast Missouri State University

My classmates come in all different forms. There are studious, intelligent, hard workers, partiers, skippers, and people who don't go to class but still make a 3.5. There is every type of student here and a place for everyone and SEMO does everything to put you with students similar to yourself.

SEMO has "high school" sized classes. I love it. Every one of my teachers know my first and last name.

Don't worry about the high school drama. College is a totally different playing field. The pety girl fights and stupid boys won't compare to the real lasting friendships that you will make in college. Forget the boys, you'll find your dream guy, no man, in college and the highschool boys will seem so silly. Take some more A/P classes to get more college credit. Paying $75 for a test for 3 credit hours is way better that $300-$500. Keep that in mind. Enjoy highschool, but really... college will be the time of your life. Oh yeah, and take as many math classes in high school as possible and make sure you are good at typing papers!

Molly

Southeast Missouri State is a school for academically driven students.

Southeast Missouri State is a school for academically driven students.

Southeast Missouri State is known for having an excellent pre-medical department.

Before you go to college, it is cruical you get good at speed reading. This will cut your time you spend on assignments nearly in half. Practice on books and scholarly written articles that you find interesting. Also, work on organizational and planning skills. Master of the art of writing; this skill can take you very far within any aspect of your life and you will earn more respect from colleagues.

Eriin

One unique thing about Southeast is the class size. Many of the other schools I looked at had huge lecture halls and I learn better from a more 1 on 1 perspective. The average student to teacher ratio here is 18:1. Every professor I have had has known my name and has really seemed to take an interest in their students' success. I really feel like the professors care about how well their students do in all aspects of their lives.

If I knew what I know now when I was in high school I would tell myself to stay true to who you are and work hard to accomplish the goals you want to complete. College life comes with a whole new world of possibilities and choices that a student has to make on their own. It can be difficult for some students to learn to control their decisions without the guidance they once had from their parents. Although it is sad, I have seen some classmates from high school who could have had the world at their fingertips throw it all away to drinking or drugs and not focusing on school. Finding out who you are and staying true to yourself is the best way to accomplish your goals. My dad always tells me, "The decisions you make determine the life you lead." When I was younger, I sort of just shrugged off this advice. Now I see that he is right and that every decision you make, no matter how small, will have an impact on what you do and who you are. Remember that every decision you make impacts your life and to think before you act.

My school is a great deal. The education we receive is outstanding and the cost of going to school here is very low compared to other state schools. There is always something to do wether it be school sponsored or just with a group of friends. We have many well known people come and speak on campus and a lot of students usually attend these events.

Rachael

I would tell myself to make more friends outside of my roommates and they're friends.

The most frustrating this would have to be how difficult housing is because you're forced to get a roommate on your own after freshmen year.

Brittney

My classmates are very social and unfocused.

My classmates are very social and unfocused.

I would tell myself to focus a lot more on academics and less on being well-rounded and i would tell myself that I should prepare for test a lot better.

My school is extremely enviromentally conservative.

Angel

Uh my school is a family based enviroment that allows to to bulid a bond with a group of complete strangers and help u excel in life socially and academically.

Plan out exactly what you want to do. Fill out financial aid!!! Give your child something that will help them progress in the future and not what's best for you. They will only do as good as they want and no one else. Plan plan plan... or u will regret it. Put them on campus to help them enteract with the other students and find lifetime friendship! A suuport system is the best policy to help you through collefe.

Some body who wants to progress in life and is a middle class family and is a family person who will be willing to learn at any cost.

When choosing a college, you must always keep your needs in mind. If you need small classes, quiet study areas and dorm rooms without a lot of activity, a large university may not be the place for you. If you like a high-pace, lots of fun college where the main focus is to just wait out the week for the weekend to come, a major university will probably suit your style better. Any school you attend will have a choice of classes and many varieties of students, so you should not base your choice solely on the physical aspects of the college.

My classmates are a diverse group of students; each is their own person with their own goals and ideas in mind.

The ultimate decision comes down to the student. Its a matter of where you feel comfortable, welcome, and have a sense of belonging. Prestige and reputation of schools might be impressive to some people, but really getting a lot out of the school you go to (in both academics and socially) is much more impressive, and will show much more in your developed personality and sense of self.

Kelley

Our school is known for a beautiful campus.

Our school is known for a beautiful campus.

College really is the best years of your life. Make sure you do a lot of research and find the college that best suites you and your interests. Going away to college is really a great experience and helps you grow up and become independent. Make sure you get involved! It is a great way to meet new people, stay busy, and adjust to college life more quickly. Don't be afraid to ask for help when you need it. Professors and faculty are more than happy to help you with whatever you need. Explore your options and take a variety of classes. This will help you find the right path for you in life. It is ok to change your major how every many times you need to. It is important that you like what you are going to be doing and it makes you happy. Your college experience is what you make it, so get involved and meet lots of people. It's ok to be nervous, but it's really great! Good luck and enjoy!

People who are wanting to attend a large school should not attend this school.

David

You need to know what kind of atmosphere your looking for and when you find that you need to find the right group of friends for you. Your friends will be the main thing that will make your college experience good or bad. So, if you find the right group of friends you will be totally fine and fall in love with that college you chose.

The availability of classes to underclassmen.

Southeast Missouri State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.