Cape Girardeau, MO
Southeast Missouri State University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Southeast Missouri State University

Danny

My classmates are easy to get along with, smart, out-going, and friendly.

My classmates are easy to get along with, smart, out-going, and friendly.

Find a college that has diversity in the students as well as the faculty. It is so much easier to learn about different subjects and aspects of life from different ethnicites. Find a college that offers an exchange program because learning from foreign students is the most enlightening thing I have experienced at college. Make sure you feel comfortable in the library because you should spend most of your time there. Check out the recreational facilites for a wide range of physical activities to stay in shape and just take a break from studying. Make sure you park in the right parking lot and ride a bike to class whenever possible. Use your class study session! Ask questions. And most importantly, don't just make friends, but make the RIGHT friends. Find people who like to study as much as they like to go out and have a good time.

How bad your first year advisor is at keeping track of your records.

Joy

Attend a school that offers alot of finicial Aid, that is a well known school and a place that is very diverse in people, culture, and diversity.

A person what wants to attend a college that is big and alot of activity. Live in a city that doesnt really cater to the average college. Some that is form a big city.

Keri

From what I hear my school is best known for its education program, which is one of the main reasons why I chose Southeast Missouri State University.

The most important advice that I wish someone had told me when I first began college, is to just take everything in one class at a time, then one semester at a time, next one year at a time. I thought I would never finish school, but here I am, in the beginning of my senior year! It all pays off in the end!!

I wish I would have spoken to an advisor about what classes I would be accepted by their program before I earned my AA degree at a different school.

Andrew

Well, especially in the case for Southeast, or any colllege for that matter, you must look past what is being said in 'Show-me' days at the college. Take time to explore the college yourself, immersing into life on campus. Stop a sutdent on the way to a class, be polite and ask "how is life on campus," or any question that seems pertainable to your situation. Don't just take the face value of any school, because obviously any school will only show you the good, and tend to shy away from potential flaws.

The best thing about Southeast is the way everyone works together the first year to make the experience at Southeast as smooth as possible. For me this was the deciding factor into whether or not I was going to continue studying there.

The worst thing at Southeast is the stereotype of all Frats/Soroities going out and partying, and the 'fact' that you aren't college made if you can't have a little fun. It kind of gets annoying how superficial people can be about their jobs too, in a way that makes a person two-faced, when they are you friend one moment, but the next its down to business because their superior is there with them.

Teri

I would encourage anyone to get involved; starting from the very beginning. This includes parents and students getting involved during the enrollment process, getting to know people at the university, and finding out everything that is available. Becoming involved from the very start will make one more aware of the college and life it has to offer, which will ultimately help one decide if it truely is the place for a student and family. The advice extends all the way through college and beyond graduation. Become involved with as much as can be handled, and as much as there is available in your interest and having to do with your major. Then stay involved in order to gain the benefits that the university has to offer.

The best thing about this school is the way people are encouraged to have a social life but still focus on studies. I like the environment that this school offers. It allows for strict studying and focus on academics, and still offers on and off campus events to hold a social life that every college wants to have.

People that should veer away from this University are those that can not stay focused. If someone is going to school just to party, this is not the place to enroll because it is very easy to be sucked into the party life here and lose track of studies. If a student does not know how to seperate the two, this isn't the place for them. Also, someone who likes a lot of people, should pick something else. This is a small school, and even smaller town.

Linda

Southeast students come from a variety of ethnic and socioeconomic backgrounds, but we are all committed to getting a good education and becoming successful.

The most important piece of advice would be to understand your circumstances and plan ahead. I am the first person in my family to go to college, so I didn't know what to expect as far as financial aid, orientation, course work and exactly how the higher education system works. Also, being a nontraditional student I didn't have a guidance counselor who could explain to me how it all works. Had I been more prepared, I know the first year of college would have been much easier to get through.

There are lots of things I like about Southeast. Not only is it the least expensive state school in Missouri, but it has one of the best Business curriculums in the Midwest which I appreciate. Being a nontraditional student, they offer lots of online classes that fit my schedule perfectly. They also have an excellent alumni association as well as a strong emphasis on internships and job placement.

Southeast Missouri State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.