Cape Girardeau, MO
Southeast Missouri State University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Southeast Missouri State University

Seth

My classmates come from many different backgrounds and most of them have great determination, intelligence, and a great sense of humor.

Seth, I know that college is the next big step in life and you are a little nervous and shy at times, but you have nothing to worry about. Working for your engineering degree will be difficult at times, especially since you will work through college, but its nothing you can not handle. Pursuing this path will be the best choice you make and you will know it soon enough. SEMO has many friendly people and you will hardly ever feel out of place. Plus, SEMO has a beautiful campus and most of the faculty is amazing. Just be confident and try your best to achieve a high GPA while still making time to hang out with your girlfriend and best friends. Life at SEMO turns out to be a lot better than you expect and after three semesters you will be accepted into Missouri S&T just like you planned. Do not worry about going out of your way to make new friends or joining a social club. The classes are small and you will form friendships without even realizing it. Stay determined and understand that the information you learn is most important and the experience is wonderful.

The best thing about my school is the small class sizes and the teachers. The small class size allows the students to sit closer to the boards and stay focused through the entire class period. The teachers learn to know each student in the small class and make it their goal to help the student succeed. The teachers really care about every student getting the most out of class and they allow the students the opportunity to ask as many questions as they need to in order to understand the subject.

I think Southeast Missouri University is best known for several of their programs; the mass communications department, for example, is an award winning, talented, and huge part of the community at SEMO. Many students attend this school for their nursing and educational programs as well.

I think Southeast Missouri University is a great University for any kind of person. There are organizations and classes for outgoing people, extroverts, social butterflies, humble hermits, smartie pants, and creative critters. There are so many opportunities for anyone and everyone to get involved and enjoy their experience here.

Kirstin

Classmates are friendsly and helpful.

I would tell senior self to branch out more and join clubs, even if I don't know anyone in them because they can be benificial and fun. I would also tell myself to talk to my classmates and make friends with them since I see them in a lot of my classes. I would reassure myself that college is going to be ok and that it's not as scary as I thought it was. Professors are helpful and don't actually want you to fail their classes so they will work with you to help you learn.

chris

Southeast Missouri State University is a wonderful school full of many helpful faculty and staff that strive for your greatness and it also provides a lot of extracurricular activities for students of all different backgrounds.

If I was able to go back in time and was able to give some nuggets of wisdom to my younger self. I would have to tell him what college to go to right out of highschool. Work harder to make more money and don't blow it all on useless junk. Get in a deeper relationship with God becuase once you get out of your comfort zone religion usually is what takes the back seat. And also try a lot harder in school to get the GPA up. I never knew how important that was until it was too late. But besides that I would tell him keep everything the same and tell him we are going to have an amazing life.

I believe that the worst thing about Southeast Missouri State University would have to be absolutly nothing.

Kelly

My classmates really came together to help out and made sure we enjoyed our time together.

If you know where you want to be in the next five years work backwards. Research what you need to get there and plan your life accordingly. When things don’t go as planned and they never do it is ok. There is always plan B. When you really want something there are no excuses. Do the work; you will be happy you did. On the other hand, it is ok if you don’t know what you are going to do in the next 5 years. Live in the now and enjoy it because it is never too late to get what you want. You are going to make mistakes and that is ok. Learn from them.

Getting to your car in a timely manner was the most frustrating part about campus. You really have to plan your time wisely if you need to get to work or class because you never can be sure where you are going to park. The school does have efficient shuttles that run around campus and to your car.

Gloria

There are three things you need to know to make college life easier. One, remember when you were debating between going to Texas A&M University and University of North Texas? In your heart you really wanted to go to UNT, but you decided to go to Texas A&M University because of someone else’s decision. Go with your heart. It makes the college experience that much better. Two, apply for financial aid and as many scholarships as you can. There will be financial troubles in the future. Three, you must get your seizures under control or this will be your first and final semester at a four year university. Be strong. Go with your heart. You can do it.

Danielle

My school is in between being a small, and large school. The campus is pretty medium-sized, however the location of the school is pretty small. My school is located in Cape Girardeau, MO, which is a pretty small town located in the Midwest; Missouri to be exact. The town is a lot smaller than my hometown of St. Louis, Missouri. Not everyone at the school is friendly. A lot of people here are pretty rude, immature, and bitter. A person can have such negativity to say about you, and not even know your name, which is crazy, and hateful.

Since I have been in college, I have become a lot wiser, and mature than I was in high school. If I could travel back in time to talk to myself as a high school senior, I would have a lot to say to myself. The first thing being that grades really do matter. You reap more benefits when you keep your grades up. Not only that, but if you would have done a lot better on your ACT that would have helped you as well, because you could have received more money in financial aid. Don't let how others perceive you affect your school work. Sure others may talk about you, but at the end of the day you're at school to learn, and get an edcuation not for people to like you or be your friend. Friends come and go, the quality of your friends is more important than the quantity of friends you have. You never know who can enter your life, and be of a huge blessing to you. I have learned a lot while being away at school, and I feel like I am molding into the person I want to be.

I wish I would have known a lot before coming to Southeast. First, I wish I would have had better grades, and a higher ACT score to receive more money from the school. In my senior year, I started to become very lazy in my academics, just because I was so tired of my high school, and I was very eager to graduate. Had I known how important your grades really are when going to college, I would have tried ten times harder in my classes, because in the end having good grades is very beneficial for financial aid awards.

Kelsey

Since I am in upper level classes, the majority of my classmates are very similar to me and are interested in the same things...

This school is a little smaller and way less athletic and party focused. It was also very coost effective, seeing as it's costing me less to go to school and live off campus than it would have cost me to go to school in St. Louis and live with my parents for free. One thing that I really like about this school is how close it is to St. Louis though. The advertising degree is accredited too, and the school I was looking at in St. Louis only had a certificate in advertising.

I am a transfer student, and knowing what I know now about the way that my credits have transferred from the community college to the four-year university, I would have advised my senior self to have more communication with advisors from my four year college about how the transferring process actually works. I also would advise my senior self to get involved! Getting involved in clubs and organizations is how I have made most of my friends in college. It's very rare that you meet people who are interested in the same things as you in GenED classes, but joining a special club, you will meet tons of people who like the same things as you! And lastly, I would advise my senoir self to remember that even though college is a fun time, it's about learning. Go to class, do your homework, and study for tests. Remember not to beat yourself up for making mistakes, and always reach out for help when you need it. Every mistake is a chance to learn.

Kevandre

MY school is sophisticated and dedicated to help any student achieve there goals.

If I could go back in time I would tell myself many things. The first would be dont get distracted you senior year, do the best you could possibly do and reach for the stars. Upon finishing highschool not to mention while your in high school fill out as many scholarships as possible , and if you need help dont be afraid to ask. Learn to be mature and independent before going to college because it is nothing like high school. The teacher isn't there to hold your hand , or might not even care if you do you r homework for that matter. Lastly start researching what ever it is you want to do in life , try to do an internship even if it is free just to get experience to see if you would like it or not. Life is what you make it stay positive and never give up !

The best thing about my school is the convience and pric eof tution. OCC has top notch instructors that will give you the most bang for your buck.

Southeast Missouri State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.