Cape Girardeau, MO
Southeast Missouri State University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Southeast Missouri State University

Kelsey

Since I am in upper level classes, the majority of my classmates are very similar to me and are interested in the same things...

This school is a little smaller and way less athletic and party focused. It was also very coost effective, seeing as it's costing me less to go to school and live off campus than it would have cost me to go to school in St. Louis and live with my parents for free. One thing that I really like about this school is how close it is to St. Louis though. The advertising degree is accredited too, and the school I was looking at in St. Louis only had a certificate in advertising.

I am a transfer student, and knowing what I know now about the way that my credits have transferred from the community college to the four-year university, I would have advised my senior self to have more communication with advisors from my four year college about how the transferring process actually works. I also would advise my senior self to get involved! Getting involved in clubs and organizations is how I have made most of my friends in college. It's very rare that you meet people who are interested in the same things as you in GenED classes, but joining a special club, you will meet tons of people who like the same things as you! And lastly, I would advise my senoir self to remember that even though college is a fun time, it's about learning. Go to class, do your homework, and study for tests. Remember not to beat yourself up for making mistakes, and always reach out for help when you need it. Every mistake is a chance to learn.

Kevandre

MY school is sophisticated and dedicated to help any student achieve there goals.

If I could go back in time I would tell myself many things. The first would be dont get distracted you senior year, do the best you could possibly do and reach for the stars. Upon finishing highschool not to mention while your in high school fill out as many scholarships as possible , and if you need help dont be afraid to ask. Learn to be mature and independent before going to college because it is nothing like high school. The teacher isn't there to hold your hand , or might not even care if you do you r homework for that matter. Lastly start researching what ever it is you want to do in life , try to do an internship even if it is free just to get experience to see if you would like it or not. Life is what you make it stay positive and never give up !

The best thing about my school is the convience and pric eof tution. OCC has top notch instructors that will give you the most bang for your buck.

Amy

Our school has one of the best nursing programs. It is extremely competitive and hands on. It is different from other schools in that it is not large but it is not too small. It is the perfect size and is affordable for the great education recieved.

If I could go back in time and talk to my high school self I would have so much advice. Firstly,I would tell myself to take college credit classes in high school because it is cheaper and would put me ahead. I would go back and get a 4.0 in high school so I could have received more scholarships. I would have told myself to apply for scholarships too! I would tell my high school self to take advantage of the time I have left at home and with my friends. I did not realize how much I would miss everyone. I would also tell myself to keep working out and be careful of the freshmen 15 once you get to SEMO. Just because there is a buffet doesn’t mean you need to go back for seconds. I would also tell my high school self to get involved with intermural sports my first semester. I also would tell myself to not pack so much when I was packing for college. Lastly, I would tell myself to stay confident and make friends but realize I can’t forget about all the ones I have at home.

I wish I would have known that the campus was so hilly. I also wish I would have known about all the construction.

Southeast is a school where you can get a good education in small classrooms where you can have a personal relationship with your teachers and succeed.

Dear Jen, You're about to go to college and I know you really don't want to leave your group of friends or your family, but you will not regret it. Have fun your senior year but stick to studying hard and making note cards (those will become very helpful) Also, get involved in college. You will like it a lot more. College takes a lot more responsibility so you won't be relying on Mom to wake you up in the morning anymore. It's all on you to get up and get your butt to class so DO NOT SLACK. I know you'll do fine but dont let little things get in your way of becoming something great. You can do it! Sincerely, Older you :)

That the campus was really hilly, and what the community around the school was like.

Millicent

SEMO first started off as a normal school in 1837 but then expanded into a higher educational school which offers over 200 areas of study. The teachers here are very dedicated and supportive to their students.

Can't really say much but only one who is just meaning to slack off.

Chelsea

I wish I would have known more about the programs the school offers. I feel like I didn't do enough research before I decided upon the school and my current program. I regret not taking my time and visiting more Universities beforehand and being limited by what University I could afford to attend, and what Universities I wanted to attend. I found that by doing internships I could figure out what I liked and disliked about a career, I wish I had more time to do more internships before settling into a single program here.

Southeast Missouri State is located in an extremely rural area. The University itself is very small, and the class size and town reflects that. If a person who grew up in a heavily populated area and enjoyed the experience came here, they might not like how small the town and school is. A person that wanted to attend a large University in a heavily populated area might not enjoy coming to this University either. I enjoy how small it is, but I’m not sure other’s from different areas would agree with me.

I would tell myself to be more prepared. I could have tried just a little harder when looking for scholarships. I would tell myself to check out this website because it is very helpful. I wish I had known about it my senior year of highschool

The worst thing about Southeast is that there are too many choices. I hve a hard time deciding on what courses to take because I have so many options. But I don't even consider that a major issues. I love Southeast.

Nothing about Southeast is frustrating to me.

Chanze

There are many paths in life that you can take and each path will lead you in a different direction. Inside, you know the path you must take; do not sway from it and do not ignore it, for it is the path to your foundation, your willpower, and your intellect. Your faith is your greatest strength, rely upon it in times of doubt and look upon family in times of need. Heed my warnings and absorb my knowledge as it will benefit you greatly in the future.

Rebekah

SEMO is best known for their education/teaching degree.

SEMO is best known for their education/teaching degree.

Do not let any boyfriend stand in the way of continuing your education. Bettering yourself should come first and anyone worthwhile will support that. You have a scholarship now, but if you wait and go back later you will pay out of pocket for your education.

If you need hands on learning or lecture. The RN-BSN program is completely online. Must be organized and self-motivated

Southeast Missouri State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.