Cape Girardeau, MO
Southeast Missouri State University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Southeast Missouri State University

Amy

Our school has one of the best nursing programs. It is extremely competitive and hands on. It is different from other schools in that it is not large but it is not too small. It is the perfect size and is affordable for the great education recieved.

If I could go back in time and talk to my high school self I would have so much advice. Firstly,I would tell myself to take college credit classes in high school because it is cheaper and would put me ahead. I would go back and get a 4.0 in high school so I could have received more scholarships. I would have told myself to apply for scholarships too! I would tell my high school self to take advantage of the time I have left at home and with my friends. I did not realize how much I would miss everyone. I would also tell myself to keep working out and be careful of the freshmen 15 once you get to SEMO. Just because there is a buffet doesn’t mean you need to go back for seconds. I would also tell my high school self to get involved with intermural sports my first semester. I also would tell myself to not pack so much when I was packing for college. Lastly, I would tell myself to stay confident and make friends but realize I can’t forget about all the ones I have at home.

I wish I would have known that the campus was so hilly. I also wish I would have known about all the construction.

Southeast is a school where you can get a good education in small classrooms where you can have a personal relationship with your teachers and succeed.

Dear Jen, You're about to go to college and I know you really don't want to leave your group of friends or your family, but you will not regret it. Have fun your senior year but stick to studying hard and making note cards (those will become very helpful) Also, get involved in college. You will like it a lot more. College takes a lot more responsibility so you won't be relying on Mom to wake you up in the morning anymore. It's all on you to get up and get your butt to class so DO NOT SLACK. I know you'll do fine but dont let little things get in your way of becoming something great. You can do it! Sincerely, Older you :)

That the campus was really hilly, and what the community around the school was like.

Millicent

SEMO first started off as a normal school in 1837 but then expanded into a higher educational school which offers over 200 areas of study. The teachers here are very dedicated and supportive to their students.

Can't really say much but only one who is just meaning to slack off.

Chelsea

I wish I would have known more about the programs the school offers. I feel like I didn't do enough research before I decided upon the school and my current program. I regret not taking my time and visiting more Universities beforehand and being limited by what University I could afford to attend, and what Universities I wanted to attend. I found that by doing internships I could figure out what I liked and disliked about a career, I wish I had more time to do more internships before settling into a single program here.

Southeast Missouri State is located in an extremely rural area. The University itself is very small, and the class size and town reflects that. If a person who grew up in a heavily populated area and enjoyed the experience came here, they might not like how small the town and school is. A person that wanted to attend a large University in a heavily populated area might not enjoy coming to this University either. I enjoy how small it is, but I’m not sure other’s from different areas would agree with me.

I would tell myself to be more prepared. I could have tried just a little harder when looking for scholarships. I would tell myself to check out this website because it is very helpful. I wish I had known about it my senior year of highschool

The worst thing about Southeast is that there are too many choices. I hve a hard time deciding on what courses to take because I have so many options. But I don't even consider that a major issues. I love Southeast.

Nothing about Southeast is frustrating to me.

Chanze

There are many paths in life that you can take and each path will lead you in a different direction. Inside, you know the path you must take; do not sway from it and do not ignore it, for it is the path to your foundation, your willpower, and your intellect. Your faith is your greatest strength, rely upon it in times of doubt and look upon family in times of need. Heed my warnings and absorb my knowledge as it will benefit you greatly in the future.

Rebekah

SEMO is best known for their education/teaching degree.

SEMO is best known for their education/teaching degree.

Do not let any boyfriend stand in the way of continuing your education. Bettering yourself should come first and anyone worthwhile will support that. You have a scholarship now, but if you wait and go back later you will pay out of pocket for your education.

If you need hands on learning or lecture. The RN-BSN program is completely online. Must be organized and self-motivated

Rebekah

You've always heard about the Freshman 15? That doesn't exist at Southeast Missouri State. There are so many hills here that more often than not Southeast Missouri State students lose weight.

Go to class, pay attention, and take detailed notes. Do that and you'll be just fine.

Cape is like two completely different towns sitting right next to each other. You have Cape itself, then there is SEMO campus. The school campus is so beautiful, especially in the fall. It's like time just stood still in some of the areas on campus. The architecture is so well preserved. I go out for walks sometimes with my camera, and the pictures that I take are so amazing.

Whitney

It is friendly, fun, shchool-spirited area and has great venues for the arts, sports and any other area you can think of.

High school is the perfect place for finding out who your are and senior year is no exception. If anything, now is the time to try everything you've always wanted to do before you graduate, make some mistakes,learn from them and surround yourself with good, honest people who want the best for you. The year is short, so make the most of it because it will never happen again. The freedom of college can be overwhelming, but the same principles apply. Make smart decisions, maker dumb mistakes but most of all learn from everything! And one more thing-there is definitely better cafeteria food in college.

The art venues are amazing especially the River Campus and places for open mic nights.

Kathryn

Thinking back to my senior year of high school the thing I would like to change is I wish I would have taken a little bit of harder classes. For my senior year I decided to take easy classes because I didn't know what I wanted to do when I got to college. But then after figuring out what I wanted to do I regreted not taking classes that would of helped me out in college. One last thing is learning how to really study. In high school I never really needed to study but in college you do and I really didn't know how to study which is sad but it was just difficult to figure out what was important and what information wasn't. Those are the things that I would of liked to change when I was in high school.

I wish I would have known about the food and the staff before I came to this school. I say the food because they told us it was going to be healthy food and you can order whatever you want but that was wrong, it is very unhealthy. Then with the staff is that some of them here don't really help you with what you need help with like trying to pick classes for next year.

The type of person who shouldn't attent this school is someone who doesn't really care about their future. Most students here are coming here for the job that they would like to do in the future. If your just coming here just to come here then I feel like they would be just wasting their money. Other than that I think anyone who wants to come should come.

Southeast Missouri State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.