Cape Girardeau, MO
Southeast Missouri State University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Southeast Missouri State University

Rebekah

You've always heard about the Freshman 15? That doesn't exist at Southeast Missouri State. There are so many hills here that more often than not Southeast Missouri State students lose weight.

Go to class, pay attention, and take detailed notes. Do that and you'll be just fine.

Cape is like two completely different towns sitting right next to each other. You have Cape itself, then there is SEMO campus. The school campus is so beautiful, especially in the fall. It's like time just stood still in some of the areas on campus. The architecture is so well preserved. I go out for walks sometimes with my camera, and the pictures that I take are so amazing.

Whitney

It is friendly, fun, shchool-spirited area and has great venues for the arts, sports and any other area you can think of.

High school is the perfect place for finding out who your are and senior year is no exception. If anything, now is the time to try everything you've always wanted to do before you graduate, make some mistakes,learn from them and surround yourself with good, honest people who want the best for you. The year is short, so make the most of it because it will never happen again. The freedom of college can be overwhelming, but the same principles apply. Make smart decisions, maker dumb mistakes but most of all learn from everything! And one more thing-there is definitely better cafeteria food in college.

The art venues are amazing especially the River Campus and places for open mic nights.

Kathryn

Thinking back to my senior year of high school the thing I would like to change is I wish I would have taken a little bit of harder classes. For my senior year I decided to take easy classes because I didn't know what I wanted to do when I got to college. But then after figuring out what I wanted to do I regreted not taking classes that would of helped me out in college. One last thing is learning how to really study. In high school I never really needed to study but in college you do and I really didn't know how to study which is sad but it was just difficult to figure out what was important and what information wasn't. Those are the things that I would of liked to change when I was in high school.

I wish I would have known about the food and the staff before I came to this school. I say the food because they told us it was going to be healthy food and you can order whatever you want but that was wrong, it is very unhealthy. Then with the staff is that some of them here don't really help you with what you need help with like trying to pick classes for next year.

The type of person who shouldn't attent this school is someone who doesn't really care about their future. Most students here are coming here for the job that they would like to do in the future. If your just coming here just to come here then I feel like they would be just wasting their money. Other than that I think anyone who wants to come should come.

Southeast Missouri State is a very great school. It's middle sized and has very friendly and helpful professors. The class size is perfect, there are not too many students to where you can't ask questions in class, or get to know your professor. There are many organizations for incoming students to join and many ways to get involved.

I chose this school because not only was it affordable. It was also further away than others i was looking at, and being a high schooler i wanted to get out on my own for a while and see what it was like. It also has a very good Nursing program which is my major.

Going away to college has not been the easiest process for me. Adapting to everything took about a semester. But i think that is part of the experience. Getting away from what your used to is going to be hard. Being away at college is helping me grow up and become my own person. I'm suddenly making my own decisions and having all the freedom I have never had. I think if i would have stayed at home, or close to home, i wouldn't get an experience like I am now, it would be harder for me to force myself to grow up and become an adult. I think being involved and busy is also very valuable. You meet awesome people just like yourself, and they say the friends you meet in college are your friends for the rest of your life. Basically I have learned a lot about my self and become way more responsible and adult like being away at college. I think that is a very valuable experience.

Out of my college experinece at Southeast Missouri State I have gotten many things; I have gained many vaiable aspects of life that will help me in my future and in my career as a Socail Worker. For insatnce, the many classes I have taken that have taught me the many things I need to know to become the Socail Worker I will be. Second, I have gained knowlege to many of life's needed experiences,from the many examples I have been shown in classes of aspects of life I will be handling as a Social Worker.Third, I have gained many lifelong friendships and lifelong socail experiences from attending Southeast Missouri State. Attending Southeast Missouri State has been very valuable because of the above list and many more aspects as growing up to the person I am becoming I will never foget. Thanks to this college I will not only graduate with my BSW, I will graduate with lifelong friendships and socail experiences and I will graduate with the knowlegde and skills I will need to futher my carrer and find a job working as a Socail Worker when I gradaute.

The friendships I have made attending this school.

Brittanny

I attended Liberty University, it was not only a educational experience, but a spiritually experience as well. I became a more mature, professional, and independent student because of what Liberty taught me. I truly loved my experience and wish I would have had the oppurtunity to stay longer. Liberty taught me more about having a real relationship with God and that is something that no one else can take away for you! It is an everlasting relationship that has changed my perspective of eternity.

Ashton

I attended College for two semesters and one intersession, and from that expiriance I have learned that If I wasnt to get through school I will have to take more than two classes a asemster, also, I learned quite a bit about financial aid and how to apply for and go to college as I was always told growing up that when you get to college it doesn't matter if you go to class or not when you get to college, also that the homeowrk doesn't matter. Well, I learned from those first two semesters that homework does matter, and Attendacne does matter becasue all the teachers I had graded those things. So, When I return to school this semester I will be attending all my classes and doing all my homewrok so that I can more fully comprehend the things that my professors are trying to teach me.

What I have gotten out of my college experience is a chance at a good life for my daughter and I. I have so many more doors and opportunities available to me that I never would have had without my education. The main reason it is valuable to attend college is that without it, there is always a limit to what one can achieve. There are always going to be things that cannot be accomplished without going to college. I would never want to put a limit on my success and this is why I have chosen to go to college and believe that everyone should have the chance to go. It is life changing and nothing else can provide a person with more benefits that a college education.

Diverse and friendly. Good mix of people.

Diverse and friendly. Good mix of people.

Well we are definitly now known for sports, but SEMO gives a good amount of scholarships to incoming freshemen and first step orientations for people to visits schools is happening all the time.

My College experience has been incredibly humbling. I have received the gift of learning how frail and scary the health of an individual can be. College is valuable because I am gaining knowledge on the ways I can improve the health of those sick patients. It is the most flattering gift I feel I can receive. Though it is stressful, I can say I have enjoyed every minute. For example, on my first day of clinical I simply gave my patient a bath and listened to her story. The thing that mesmerizes me the most in nursing is that every single person has a different story to tell. To me, that makes life so sacred. At the end of my clinical day when I was leaving my first patient, she took my hand with tears in her eyes and said, ?I have been here for weeks; you have showed me more kindness in these few hours than anyone else here. Because of you, I feel good.? I will never forget that moment. It solidified my thoughts of choosing to be the best nurse I can become. Knowing that I have bettered one person?s life has made all the difference.

Southeast Missouri State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.