Cape Girardeau, MO
Southeast Missouri State University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Southeast Missouri State University

Southeast Missouri State is a very great school. It's middle sized and has very friendly and helpful professors. The class size is perfect, there are not too many students to where you can't ask questions in class, or get to know your professor. There are many organizations for incoming students to join and many ways to get involved.

I chose this school because not only was it affordable. It was also further away than others i was looking at, and being a high schooler i wanted to get out on my own for a while and see what it was like. It also has a very good Nursing program which is my major.

Going away to college has not been the easiest process for me. Adapting to everything took about a semester. But i think that is part of the experience. Getting away from what your used to is going to be hard. Being away at college is helping me grow up and become my own person. I'm suddenly making my own decisions and having all the freedom I have never had. I think if i would have stayed at home, or close to home, i wouldn't get an experience like I am now, it would be harder for me to force myself to grow up and become an adult. I think being involved and busy is also very valuable. You meet awesome people just like yourself, and they say the friends you meet in college are your friends for the rest of your life. Basically I have learned a lot about my self and become way more responsible and adult like being away at college. I think that is a very valuable experience.

Out of my college experinece at Southeast Missouri State I have gotten many things; I have gained many vaiable aspects of life that will help me in my future and in my career as a Socail Worker. For insatnce, the many classes I have taken that have taught me the many things I need to know to become the Socail Worker I will be. Second, I have gained knowlege to many of life's needed experiences,from the many examples I have been shown in classes of aspects of life I will be handling as a Social Worker.Third, I have gained many lifelong friendships and lifelong socail experiences from attending Southeast Missouri State. Attending Southeast Missouri State has been very valuable because of the above list and many more aspects as growing up to the person I am becoming I will never foget. Thanks to this college I will not only graduate with my BSW, I will graduate with lifelong friendships and socail experiences and I will graduate with the knowlegde and skills I will need to futher my carrer and find a job working as a Socail Worker when I gradaute.

The friendships I have made attending this school.

Brittanny

I attended Liberty University, it was not only a educational experience, but a spiritually experience as well. I became a more mature, professional, and independent student because of what Liberty taught me. I truly loved my experience and wish I would have had the oppurtunity to stay longer. Liberty taught me more about having a real relationship with God and that is something that no one else can take away for you! It is an everlasting relationship that has changed my perspective of eternity.

Ashton

I attended College for two semesters and one intersession, and from that expiriance I have learned that If I wasnt to get through school I will have to take more than two classes a asemster, also, I learned quite a bit about financial aid and how to apply for and go to college as I was always told growing up that when you get to college it doesn't matter if you go to class or not when you get to college, also that the homeowrk doesn't matter. Well, I learned from those first two semesters that homework does matter, and Attendacne does matter becasue all the teachers I had graded those things. So, When I return to school this semester I will be attending all my classes and doing all my homewrok so that I can more fully comprehend the things that my professors are trying to teach me.

What I have gotten out of my college experience is a chance at a good life for my daughter and I. I have so many more doors and opportunities available to me that I never would have had without my education. The main reason it is valuable to attend college is that without it, there is always a limit to what one can achieve. There are always going to be things that cannot be accomplished without going to college. I would never want to put a limit on my success and this is why I have chosen to go to college and believe that everyone should have the chance to go. It is life changing and nothing else can provide a person with more benefits that a college education.

Diverse and friendly. Good mix of people.

Diverse and friendly. Good mix of people.

Well we are definitly now known for sports, but SEMO gives a good amount of scholarships to incoming freshemen and first step orientations for people to visits schools is happening all the time.

My College experience has been incredibly humbling. I have received the gift of learning how frail and scary the health of an individual can be. College is valuable because I am gaining knowledge on the ways I can improve the health of those sick patients. It is the most flattering gift I feel I can receive. Though it is stressful, I can say I have enjoyed every minute. For example, on my first day of clinical I simply gave my patient a bath and listened to her story. The thing that mesmerizes me the most in nursing is that every single person has a different story to tell. To me, that makes life so sacred. At the end of my clinical day when I was leaving my first patient, she took my hand with tears in her eyes and said, ?I have been here for weeks; you have showed me more kindness in these few hours than anyone else here. Because of you, I feel good.? I will never forget that moment. It solidified my thoughts of choosing to be the best nurse I can become. Knowing that I have bettered one person?s life has made all the difference.

Marchay

I have gotten so many things out of my college experience this year. I have had the chance to meet brand new people with different backgrounds and personalities. This I have learned to appreciate, for the simple fact that I have lived in a sheltered home my whole life. My parents have basically done everything they can for me. I loved meeting new people and learning their backgrounds and how they lived life. It help me tremendously throughout the year. It has been so valuable to attend college because it is what makes you, you. I am me, because I love to be creative and one of these days my creativity will soon be acknoledged. Someday I hope to be a architect and Interior designer and college is my main goal to complete, to help me get to my dream.

The type of person that should not attend this school is a uninspired person that has no careers goals for themself.

The most frustrating thing about my school is the parking situation and also the revolution around the greek life.

Christopher

The most influential thing I have gotten from my college experience is maturity. Being away from home and having the freedom to make my own mistakes has helped me to learn more not only about myself but it has helped me learn what things I need to do as an adult. An example of this would be making a budget. Being an ill-prepared college student with no savings was a very bad idea, especially since even though I knew I was broke when I first got to school I still continued to buy things for myself such as shoes. Seeing that I cannot live such a luxurious life in the situation I am in I have been forced to plan where all of my money goes. This is something I will take with me as a life lesson. It is much easier knowing exactly where your money goes if you have a budget.

I think the most frustrating thing about my school is the way the school spends our, the students', tuition money. New buses that drive around campus have been bought but were not needed. Also, there have been many televisions that were purchased when there was no need for them.

Bridget

My school is very unique in that the teacher to student ratio is very good. I have never had a class where there is more them 30 kids. So I have a lot more one on one time with my teachers.

If I could go back to myself during my senior year in high school knowing what I now know about my college experience, I would definitely say to be prepared for the time of my life. Along with that I would also say be ready to make some of the best friends you will ever find. The girls you will meet in college will most likely be in your wedding and with you for the rest of yoiur life. Beside just having fun in college, you will do some learning too. You will fulfill your life long dream of becoming a teacher, and work with some wonderful and experienced professor in the field. I would have to tell my younger self to be as open minded as possible. This time in our lives isn't something that we want to look back on and cahnge anything, so while we have the chance we need to make the most out of it. Get the best grades possible, meet as many people as possible and go out as much as we can. This is college the time of ourlives.

I dont think I would have wanted to know anything, I liked figuring out the school for myself.

Southeast Missouri State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.