Cape Girardeau, MO
Southeast Missouri State University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Southeast Missouri State University

Marchay

I have gotten so many things out of my college experience this year. I have had the chance to meet brand new people with different backgrounds and personalities. This I have learned to appreciate, for the simple fact that I have lived in a sheltered home my whole life. My parents have basically done everything they can for me. I loved meeting new people and learning their backgrounds and how they lived life. It help me tremendously throughout the year. It has been so valuable to attend college because it is what makes you, you. I am me, because I love to be creative and one of these days my creativity will soon be acknoledged. Someday I hope to be a architect and Interior designer and college is my main goal to complete, to help me get to my dream.

The type of person that should not attend this school is a uninspired person that has no careers goals for themself.

The most frustrating thing about my school is the parking situation and also the revolution around the greek life.

Christopher

The most influential thing I have gotten from my college experience is maturity. Being away from home and having the freedom to make my own mistakes has helped me to learn more not only about myself but it has helped me learn what things I need to do as an adult. An example of this would be making a budget. Being an ill-prepared college student with no savings was a very bad idea, especially since even though I knew I was broke when I first got to school I still continued to buy things for myself such as shoes. Seeing that I cannot live such a luxurious life in the situation I am in I have been forced to plan where all of my money goes. This is something I will take with me as a life lesson. It is much easier knowing exactly where your money goes if you have a budget.

I think the most frustrating thing about my school is the way the school spends our, the students', tuition money. New buses that drive around campus have been bought but were not needed. Also, there have been many televisions that were purchased when there was no need for them.

Bridget

My school is very unique in that the teacher to student ratio is very good. I have never had a class where there is more them 30 kids. So I have a lot more one on one time with my teachers.

If I could go back to myself during my senior year in high school knowing what I now know about my college experience, I would definitely say to be prepared for the time of my life. Along with that I would also say be ready to make some of the best friends you will ever find. The girls you will meet in college will most likely be in your wedding and with you for the rest of yoiur life. Beside just having fun in college, you will do some learning too. You will fulfill your life long dream of becoming a teacher, and work with some wonderful and experienced professor in the field. I would have to tell my younger self to be as open minded as possible. This time in our lives isn't something that we want to look back on and cahnge anything, so while we have the chance we need to make the most out of it. Get the best grades possible, meet as many people as possible and go out as much as we can. This is college the time of ourlives.

I dont think I would have wanted to know anything, I liked figuring out the school for myself.

Matthew

Knowing what I know now about college and college life, the only real words of advice I would have for myself as a high school senior would be about taking advantage of the great resources your college professors provide. I now wish that I had taken more time to speak with my professors and learn more about what possibilities a person with my majors are open to after college. I just began discovering this my final year here, and now I have been kicking myself for not talking to them more. I just feel that students often don't want to interact with their instructors because its not necessarily "fun" to do, but it is vital to giving yourself a great advantage in the years after college when you can receive so much good advice from people who have been around the block once or twice.

The best thing about the school is the small class sizes. Every class is capped at a maximum 25 students. Often there are far fewer than that number, and sometimes more if the professor allows it. It really does promote much more interaction with the professors in class and has a more personal feel.

The most frustrating thing is the lack of help when a problem does arise. Many students often receive indifferent treatment when they have a problem with the support staff outside of the instructors. I work on campus and often have to answer a phone call where a student has been bounce around campus and dumped on random departments because the first person just didn't want to deal with them or didn't try.

Jaclyn

Sophia, Hey girl. College is no joke. You've got to study a lot and you can't procrastinate. As soon as you start to slip you'll fall; trust me I've seen it happen. Save every penny you make because in the long run you're going to need it. College is a great experience and I'm not saying you can't have fun, I'm just saying to watch out because sometimes all that fun comes at a price. Just make sure to keep up on your studies and it'll fly by. It's going to be hard working and trying to go to school, but you can do it. I have faith in you. Try to keep your debt paid off as much as you can and you'll be fine when you graduate. The parking sucks, but you'll make it. Love always, Me

I believe any kind of person should attend this school. It's a great school with great academics. If the person likes small rural areas then this school is great for them. Any person that wants to get away from the big city will love Southeast. Everyone is very nice and easy to get along with so anyone would love this school.

The most frustrating thing about Southeast is the parking. I am a commuter student so I don't get the benefit of parking closer. You can apply for closer parking permits, but since I am a freshman I'm at the bottom of the list to obtain one. So since I don't have one of these preferred parking permits I must park in the perimeter commuter parking lots that are located outside the campus. Then it takes me ten minutes to walk from my car to campus.

Nurixi

One thing i find unique about my university is that it's actually located in the town i live in. Im not from here originally but i found it great that after having settled in this town, i wouldn't have to move far for college. I've learned to get used to this town and the people in it, that's why i decided to stay here for college. It's also great since i can stay at home with my family who needs my support at times, from all problems we've been through recently.

If i was to go back in time and talk to myself about my future college days, i would probably have to tell myself to prepare for financial aid ahead of time. Or atleast find a job that i would be able to keep for a while to help with all costs for college and home. I've learned that college is really expensive. From the books, fees, commuting money that is needed regularly, it can be hard at times. Especially now with the economic crisis that has affected us all. Another thing i would advice myself on is to make sure and have a great senior year with friends and enjoy them while i can, because once in college, you won't have much time to hang out with them. You will have to go to school in the morning and then go to work in the afternoon. I'm now responsible for myself and have to do everything. I no longer get much help from my parents financially since they are both unemployed and I'm currently looking for a job to help them out, as well as myself with my expenses for school and what not.

One thing I wish I had experience with before I came to this school is speech. I'm a pretty shy person and I never really took any speech classes in High School so I've never really had experience with talking in front of people. Now that i've started college i've noticed that i will have to do a lot of talking. It's not that bad either because i get to experience it now and it's better late than never. Although having had experience already would've helped a bit more.

There are many different types of people that attend colleges. Don't be afraid to talk to everyone.

I would tell myself to not be afriad and to get involved. Talk to people and just relax. Most important save up as much money as possible do not waste any more on trivial things. Also just have fun for the last year of high school.

I really love the campus. It is medium sized, but it does have a few hills. I also love my dorm becasue the people here are very friendly.

rebecca

I would tell myself to take dulenrolement classes and to take the ACT a cuple more times.

adquadic center because I enjoy swimming and it has different things in the pool like a zipline and a real rock wall coming out of the water.

Dylan

My college has mostly small sized classes, low end tuition, and a broad range of majors. There is also much diversity in the people.

If I could turn back time, I would tell myself to prepare financial aid in January. This is a vital part. The less you are worried about finances, the more you can focus on school. I would also tell myself to take the classes that I can for college credit, so I don't have to repeat anything unnecessarily.

Kathleen

Southeast Missouri State University is a smaller university, but it still has plenty of people and activities to keep me busy and happy.

My classmates at Southeast Missouri State University have all been very nice and willing to help out if I had missed a class.

Relax. That is the key to making a smooth transition from high school to college. I know that it may be hard to relax when you are thinking of what classes to take, what to major in, and whether or not you and your future roommate will kill each other. Just go out there and be yourself. Sometimes you should put the homework aside and get out there and have some fun. People say college is all about academics and your career...but it is that and so much more! College is a place where you meet some of your best friends and share some of the best memories. There is nothing wrong with taking a break from homework at midnight to go out to Taco Bell with your roommates. Those are the nights you will always remember. So just relax! Everything will turn out ok.

Southeast Missouri State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.