Cape Girardeau, MO
Southeast Missouri State University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Southeast Missouri State University

shari

Every building is easy to find and the professors are very involved in helping the students learn in every way possible.

If I knew in my senior year what I know now, I would tell myself to be more prepared. I would not only have to be prepared for the emotional transition, being away from my family and friends, but also be prepared for the responsibilities that come with campus life. In high school classes met every day to discuss the course, but in college the classes may meet on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, or Tuesday and Thursday. Between those days I am responible for doing homework, on my own, without my mom telling me to get it done. I am also responsible for doing my own laundry, dishes, and cooking. The biggest responsibility is getting up in the morning and actually going to class. If I don't teach myself to do that, then college will not work out for me at all.

I brag about the teachers. They are very helpful when teaching the students and when they give assignments, they always give a way to contact them outside of class if we need help.

Allison

The university has its up (interesting and entertaining) moments, but overall it is made up of its down moments with no athletics to boost its support in the community.

The things that really drew me to this school was the price, my ability to stay at home and safe money, and the university had the program I was interested in with a minor in another possible field.

The main advice I would give myself is to not be fearful and to just go for what I wanted. To not be afraid to go to my number one university, even though the cost was high, because there are things to help with the cost of the university and I would be a lot happier. I would also make sure to tell myself to be more involved with activities, to get out and be adventurous in meeting new people and to not fall back on my shy and old ways.

Logan

I would tell myself to take it one day at a time and not overwhelm myself. You realize you have a lot more time than you think to get things done and to do a good job on them instead of worrying about other things or trying to make time for everything. There's no rush. Take life slow and see it for what it is and enjoy it.

The only person I believe shouldn't attend this school would be somebody who doesn't have any goals and just wants to sit around with life. You can find anything at my school to catch your attention and expand your learning in new ways and discover more about yourself.

I tell my friends about how diverse the classes are and that you can find anything there to interest you. All my teachers have been very hands on and go beyond their own range to help out.

Kristen

When I was a senior in high school I decided I wanted to take a year off after high school before going to college. If I knew then what I know now, I would have told myself don't take time off. That one year break I wanted to take turned into four years and a baby. I would tell myself to just go and don't wait. Taking the time off really hurt me when I actually did return to school. There was a lot of things that I had to re-learn. If I would have just gone to college right after high school, I think it would have been much easier for me. I would also tell my high school self that college really isn't as hard and scary as it seems. It is a lot of work but it is very much worth it.

I think that the friendships that people form at this school are unique because there are big varieties of friendships that are formed. You see groups of friends that you never thought you would see anywhere else.

I would tell myself to not bring everything that I own my Freshman year of college. Most of the stuff in my dorm room that I brought I never used and it just sat in my room the whole year. When I was getting ready to come back home there was a lot of stuff that had to go back with me. I would just take the time and figure what exactly I really truly needed for college and only bring that.

I believe that the choice of food that is on our campus is the worst thing. There really is not a big variety of different styles of food that we can choose from.

Dakota

Southeast offers a broad range of classes and provide an education that is broad and indepth. They require you to talk certin coures so each student is better prepard for the real world. Also the class sizes are considerably smaller than the other colleges I was considering. Even though the class sizes are smaller the campus is still considerably large. Southeast also is one of the few colleges that has a student aquatic center that has a rock wall and zipline. Southeast is an exciting place to go and is superior to most others.

If I could go back an give myself advice on what to do to better prepare myself for college life I would tell myself a couple of things. First I would say try everything. From voulenteer groups to certain organizations, from greek life to athletics. Also make sure you attend all of the first year activities. Plus do not be afraid to go and meet new people because thats what college is for is to make new friends and meet new people. Also make sure you meet all the deadlines for everything because there is no flexability in college. Other than that college has been pretty succesful and fun.

People who shuld not attend this college are students who are looking for small junior colleges or class sizes that areover fifty. Also students who are looking for more competitive athletic teams, since Southeast only competes in the subdivision of division one. Students should not attend this college if they only want to take classes that pretain to their major since Southeast is a liberal education university.

Cory

Southeast Missouri State University is a great school for anyone looking to live the on-campus college of the bigger colleges life but also have the feel of a personal connection with their teachers.

The most unique thing about Southeast Missouri is the amount of people who are open about their religious views.

Cory, Choosing the best college for you should be a well thought out process. The earlier you start to think about your collegiate future, the better. I know that you are looking to continue playing sports at the college level so this process is even more important for you. I know that you want to go to a school with a well known sports program but my advice is to not overlook anyone that is offering you money. Apply for FAFSA as well. This gives you a better chance to receive financial help. Keep up the good work!

Danielle

Take your time when choosing your college.Do not let anyone force you into your decision,and always talk with people that have already attended the school you are interested in.Visit the school more than once to get an honest opion.

Moving into the high rise dorms was difficult with only two elevators

Jeremy

I would give advice that College life is nothing like high school at all. The teachers really do not care if your in class or not they get paid either way.

I wish I would have know that the classes are spread out very far apart from one another.

The most frustrating thing about my school is the distance between classes.

Brett

My classmates are very involve and passionate about the classes they have. They also like to have fun on the weekends and sometimes durning the week.

I would tell myself to concentrate on getting into better shape and getting stronger. I would also have myself be more outgoing and get involved in more things other than sports. I think I would do some more community service as well. I would tell myself not to concentrate on having a girlfriend so much. Also, I would tell myself to be more independent from my parents and to try to work as much as I could. I would make myself concentrate on my grades more and take more courses for college credit, as many as I could. This would allow me for a little more free time in college and more flexability in my schedule. A big key for yourself is to figure out what you are going to try to accomplish. Once you figure this out, college becomes a whole lot easier and more fun.

The worst thng about my school is the fact that it is semi far away from other big cities. Memphis and St. Louis are the closest places to go out of the city itself.

Southeast Missouri State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.