Whiteville, NC
Southeastern Community College-Whiteville

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Southeastern Community College-Whiteville

Annia

Southeastern Community College is best described as a big family. Yes we are there to learn but, the staff and other students are always there to give you that extra push! They have events for the entire family. I transferred to this school and beyond glad that I did. Coming here was a blessing in disguised I never want to leave. Once I do ill be back to encourage other students to take advantage of all SCC has to offer GO RAMS!

Summer

I really enjoy it down here, the staff here at SCC are very nice and helpful. They will help you with anything they can. They are very personable I feel very comfortable and safe at the school. The only downfall to this school is there in not on campus housing so you have to find an apartment for a house to rent.

Candace

If I could go back and converse with my high school self, I would most importantly reassure myself that I could do it. I would also tell myself to not worry about all the other students who were going off to large campuses. My choice to start my college education at a community college was ultimately the right choice for me. I will graduate May 9th of this year with a two year degree in Psychology and I couldn't be more proud of all I have accomplished. I would also tell myself that, as long as I stayed focused on my goals I would succeed. With this door closing at Southeastern Community College, new ones are opening for me and this fall I will continue my education at Coastal Carolina University of South Carolina. I would end my conversation by saying that "overall, college is not easy; the classes require a great deal of effort but in the end, that feeling of accomplishment - of knowing you can be more than what was expected - is an amazing feeling." I would say "Candace, make yourself and your family proud!"

Although I love my small community college, I feel like the lack of college pride really is terrible. I choose to attend Southeastern Community College because it was financially the best choice for me at that time. However, from what I have witnessed many students feel ashamed of attending our school. They perceive it as either their only choice or last hope instead of realizing that no matter what college they attend, they are still bettering themselves. I really wish the perception of the college would change and students would have more pride in their accomplishments through it.

The most frustrating thing about Southeastern Community College is that although we have some of the most caring teachers of any campus, those who work in the administrative office seemed to be the exact opposite. It is such a deterrence when you, as a student, are trying to better yourself, yet those who are getting paid to help you really seem to lack an interest in you. I believe many students would have a different attitude about the campus if the admissions consultants and deans put more of an effort in our personal needs.

Southeastern Community College-Whiteville administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.