Lakeland, FL
Southeastern University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Southeastern University

Bradley

B E A utiful, teachers are there and you get a feeling of I can do this.

B E A utiful, teachers are there and you get a feeling of I can do this.

Caring, about it, if you want to be around others who are smiling all the time and have a general sense of learning in a team enviroment then this is the place for you. Be ready to be champions for Christ, champions in the classroom, and champions in the community.

I would go back and tell myself to take some AP and Honors classes, dual enroll and just plain study anything and everything to get yourself ahead. The fact is we never stop learning, there is so much knowledge out there so get started learning everything you can early and yes enjoy your childhood but make learning appart of that enjoyment you can never be to prepared.

Vivian

Southeastern University is a vibrant, spiritual, and friendly community in which the students grow in character and intellect...

Southeastern is best known for its spiritual environment, friendly community, and ministry department. However, Southeastern University is growing in types of degrees offered which is gaining notice from the community.

I would advise my former self to do all my assignments in full and listen to the wisdom that those around me offered. Many of my teachers prepared me well for college, however I could have been more prepared if I chose to listen to their advice and take in every learning experience they offered me. They warned me that the reading and writing would be rigorous in college. Naturally, they assigned a large amount of reading and writing. Sometimes I would try to find an easy way out of an assignment, but I would have learned more if I attempted the assignment in full. In addition, I was advised to apply for as many scholarships as I could. I did listen to this advice, but I could have applied for more. By doing assignments in full and applying for more scholarships, I could have used my time better in high school and would have been more prepared financially and academically for college life.

Elsa

Souhteastern University was, without a doubt, the most diverse school that I had visited prior to enrolling. I have seen a number of small Christian schools throughout the country. This school presents an incredible amount of artistic assets. The student body can be summed up as very passionate and very charismatic. The overall atmosphere at the school--contributed to by the student body, the faculty, and the actual campus--is what makes this college entirely unique. There is a universal drive to impact people OUTSIDE the campus through the love of Jesus Christ.

The most influential advice I have received in my life is this: "the world is bigger than the town that you live in." I have grown up in a family that understands that there are so many opportunities beyond the limits of your comfort zone. As a senior in high school, I believe that this belief would have been a benefit to my aspirations. It is a waste to aim for a "comfortable life." I went to high school in a very small town of approximately 7,000 people. The intimate culture in these neighborhoods encourage everyone to attend the same universities, move back home, marry the high school sweatheart, and not to be concerned of things beyond the state borders. Although I am out of this town, attending a different school, I believe that I could have pushed myself farther. (Perhaps not geographically...) I believe that I made the right choice in attending Southeastern University. But I did not take opportunities, in high school, to expand my understanding of the world--the vastness of it. I know so little about the world that I live in. The people and cities that exist across the ocean. What do they think?

Before I came to this school, I had an extremely optimistic outlook on my education experiences at Southeastern. I still remain entirely optimisitc. However, I understand now, that nothing in the future is gauranteed. For example, I do not know, at this point, if I can return and complete four years. The money simply is not there. As an incoming freshman, I wish I would have understood that nothing is certain. Anything can happen in the future. You must take things as they come. I am skeptical about the future. But I am still, without a doubt, hopeful and optimistic.

Lexus

This is a Christ centered University that encourages students to discover and embrace who God has designed and called them to be.

College is every bit as fun and liberating as one can imagine, but with this new found freedom comes an extended level of responsibility. You are responsible for all of the information that you receive.Rather than viewing education through lenses that portray it as something to simply check off your list, as a chore, or as a "job", decide to change your perspective and look at education through a new lens that paints it as opportunity, honorable and as an adventure that few have the privilege and resources to embark on. If I could tell my high school self anything, it would be to learn everything you can with the purpose of sharing it with the world around you. It is a great honor and joy to have the keys to the vehicle to help you go any where you want, placed right in your hands. Learn more, retain more because by doing so it will help you love more. To love and connect is the heart of life and the beauty that many desire, seek and want to find. Learning helps you connect with more people, spend more time valuing it.

One thing area the school can improve in is having more ethnic and gender diversity within their leadership.

Kathryn

If I could go back in time to talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to cherish every moment. I would make sure that I would take nothing for granted. Being in college has opened my eyes to the real world and has reminded me of how great my high school experience was. I would take advantage of going back in time to remind my high school self of how important it is to cherish every moment and make memories.

The fact that the school was an Assembly of God affiliation.

The chapel requirements and the idea that anyone that doesn't believe what they believe is wrong.

Ariel

Southeastern University is a christian based school that is great with founding friendships and a faith.

My school is best known as being a private christian college that is big on forming relationships with fellow students and professors and God.

Jacob

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to take a lighter load of courses for the first semester of college. During my senior year of high school, I chose to take General Biology (with lab work), English Composition, and Precalculus With Trigonometry for the fall term. Unbeknownst to me, I chose a combination of courses that proved to be extremely difficult to manage. College counselors would guide students in choosing classes they would be able to handle, especially during their first semester. My counselor failed to caution me against taking a science class and a math class in the same semester, which was what I ended up doing. In essence, I found out what an Honors College experience was like without taking Honors courses. I also had a part-time job, which took up much of my time to do schoolwork. I ended up getting a 4.0 in each of my courses, but it took a lot of determination to do so. I want to tell myself about this experience, explain what work was involved under these circumstances, and finally, to believe.

Laeleya

What makes this school so unique is the way they love Jesus Christ. This college foundation is the Lord and they stand on the word of God. No other school I know is as helpful and loving as Southeastern University. This school is also very welcoming and very beautiful!

I truly wish I could really go back because I would tell my self to not underestimate myself and to make sure I get good grades. I would tell myself to join every club that I could and join a sport. I would also tell myself to not be ashamed of who I am.

When I tell my friends about my school, I brag about the atmosphere and how cool it seems!

The cstudents here are so friendly and inviting.

The cstudents here are so friendly and inviting.

To my Senior Self, First thing, make sure you know what you want. This goes for you and I wish I could advocate this to every high scholar. Make sure you look for people who influence you. Look up to them and strive to match your career path to theirs. I am in the process of transferring from Southeastern University to University of South Florida. I can't tell you how much I am beating myself up for going to Southeastern University. Don't get me wrong, SEU is a fantastic school, and you will learn so much there, however, if I could do it over again, I would choose to start my Art degree instead of study Film. Even though you want to work in the Film industry, a Film degree is not necessarily the best choice for you. I know how torn you are, you love both. However, an art degree will open even more opportunities for you in your desired field. So this goes for not only you, but to every high scholar in the nation. Make sure you find a career you love. -Stephanie Jochman

I believe there isn't anyone who "shouldn't" attend this school because this school is so accepting.

Southeastern University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.