Lakeland, FL
Southeastern University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Southeastern University

Mai Hong

Explore the field that you want to work in. Everyone has this ideal picture of whatever field they want to go into looks like, but most of the time, it's not true. Talk to the actual workers. Ask them what their day usually consists of. Ask them why they like their job. Ask them what they don't like about their job. Ask them what kind of classes did they take in college. Try to shadow anyone who will let you. Research the job market. Your dream career may be dying in terms of jobs. Last, but not least, do not worry about your friends. If you were meant to keep your high school friends, you and your friends will set aside time to catch up with each other. Communication is a two way street, so if you talk to them, but they don't talk to you, let it go. You will discover new people in no time at all.

Alissa

My advice about SEU is it is a great school and if you love christian based learning then SEU is the school for you. The atmosphere is great and the advisors and admission counselors are amazing!! They are very helpful!! I can not wait to start my first semester there!

I would have applied for more colleges/universities and seen what other options i had besides going to PSC. I would have also retaken the ACT to score higher so i would have been eligable for bright futures.

If you love christian based learning then that is the school for you!

Joshua

If I had the opportunity to go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to straighten up and to start taking things more serious. If I could, I would go back to myself as a freshman but that's not what this is about. I would also tell myself to focus more on school and grades rather than focusing on girls and friends. I never realized exactly how beneficial it was to maintain a strong GPA and to do well in classes until I was applying to my school now, and realizing how much money in loans I was going to be taking out. Another piece of advise that I would give my senior self would be to get a job and save up money. Being able to pay off any expenses that your financial aid may not cover is very helpful and will keep you from digging yourself into debt with school loans. If I would have had this advise in high school, I would have finished top of my class and had potential for a full ride anywhere.

I wish I would have known how to better prepare myself for college. I never visited any in high school and I had never really even thought of going to college. Things like keeping a high GPA and even taking college courses in high school would have definitely helped me avoid the situation that I am in now. I guess just knowing the importance of good grades and hard work would have been very beneficial before coming here.

A person who is open-minded and gets along with everyone. I recommend this school for anyone really. This school is quite friendly and they know how to make you feel pretty comfortable.

Melody

Someone who is a harworker. Someone who wants a school that supports Christian Values in their classes and in the general atmosphere of the school, but also someone who is willing to have their beliefs stretched and questions to help them own their faith for their own. Also dsomeone who is interested in developing leadership from a servant leadership perspective. Someone who is interested in Missions and/or studying abroad would also really like Southeastern University.

The expenses associated with tuition is the most frustrating thing to me.

Brinda

What are you doing!? Get off your lazy bum and do your stinkin' homework! Why didn't you sign up for dual enrollment? THEY SAID IT WAS FREE!! You're gonna get to college and realize how much it costs and find yourself signing up for a ridiculous amount of scholarships! ... Who knows if they're even real! It's time to start taking life seriously. Start taking yourself seriously. Believe in yourself; you're way smarter than you give yourself credit for. If you would just put in the effort you would find all this out. Please find this all out soon...

Well it is a Christian school so someone who is willing to grow in their faith, but still get a good education! Professors, mentors, and other campus staff will push you out of your comfort zone.

Richard

I would choose a different degree program and start out in the military first. Instead of only getting my A.A.S in Criminal Justice I would finish a few years in the military and do the degree I am in now which is Human Services.

I appreciate the Christ centered philosphy of the school and students. I appreciate that I can complete my whole degree online. As someone that works a night shift and 12 hour work nights it is great that I do not have to be in the classroom for all of the instruction.

This is my first semester with SEU. I do not have anything frustrating to say. I really only have positve comments although I am an online student and have never been on campus.

Southeastern is where people not only care about you spritually but academically as well.

Everyone cares about you here. You get to know people right away through Campus events. The reason why I like southeastern is I get to learn more about God and get a Christian education at the same time.

One advice I would give myself is to study and get involved right away. Ask professors for help if you need it. Continue to read the bible. Make new friends right away and talk to them.

I'm a firm believer in having no regrets. Every decision, mistake and choice I've made has gotten me to this point. I love where I am and who I am. That being said, I would, however, go back and tell my high school senior self to care more. I was very unhappy in high school. Even though I made good grades and graduated as valedictorian, I didn't care. I put hardly any thought into my graduating speech because of my unhappiness. I would tell myself that things get better after high school. It doesn't last forever, and that goes for both the good and the bad. Find the joy in the hard times.

I'm attending for the communication department, which is amazing. If you enjoy smaller class sizes and are okay with a stricter environment, this is the place for you.

It's a private Christian University with around 3,000 students. If you're looking for something with fewer rules or a larger student body, this probably isn't for you. There's a strict no drinking/smoking policy.

If I had the opportunity to give advice to my high school senior self, I would offer some life-changing advice. First, I wuold suggest that I enroll in post-secondary classes. This would allow me to save a great amount of money and minimize my worry about finances and becoming overloaded with credit hours at my University. Not only would I be ahead of the four year plan that I was given, but I could fill my free time with other exciting activities. I could get to know people and truly enjoy a mostly stress-free college life. Of course my objection would be a lack of social life in high school, but i now know that those people are in the past and I am finding my family of best friends right now. I would be missing nothing but trouble by taking college courses instead of the normal high school classes. By using my time wisely as a high school studednt, I could completely rearrange my college experience. This lesson is proof that, in order to fully benefit, life down the road should definitely be considered when making choices in the moment.

Those wanting to attend Southeastern should be eager to get involved and learn; not only about academics but about Christ as well. There are some extremely qualified leaders who just need to sought out and learned from. There are strict rules about curfew and dress code so anyone who is against those minor details would be a great match with Southeastern.

Retention levels are low because financial aid is hard to hold on to. Also, since it is an A/G school there are some strict rules that can get frustrating as students become "adults" (curfew, dress code, and no opposite gender in rooms).

Shannan

I am currently majoring in Theology, so Southeastern provides me with the ability to learn about my faith in an environment that agrees and uplifts my beliefs. Also, it is a school that provides the classes and skills I need in order to work in the ministry.

I wish I had known how much time college took up, but it is all worth it in the end!

Southeastern University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.