Lakeland, FL
Southeastern University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Southeastern University

Daniel

Going into college is fun, so don't be nervous! Make sure you are open to trying new things on a whim and don't worry about what other people think! Be as friendly as you can, because the people you will meet in college are way better than the people you will meet in high school. Make sure you take advantage of your professors and really pick their brains, you're paying a lot of money to go there! Also, before you graduate, make sure you google different scholarships, because I really regret not doing that. College is one of the best experiences of my life, make the most of it!

We are a Christian School, so a Christian should attend this school. Someone who is friendly, open to making lots of new friends all at once, and likes to have deep conversations about God should attend this school. There are lots of different types of people here: jocks, artsy people, punk rock kids, "geeks", and then there are those of us who don't really fit into any of those stereotypes!

The most frustrating thing about SEU is the drama. Since we are a Christian school, if someone isn't as "holy" as someone else, they can tend to get talked about behind their back. I love Southeastern, but since it is a small school it's easy to build up a reputation for yourself, which can be a good thing if you're a good person, but also a really bad thing.

Erika

Dear High School Senior, All of the dreams and ideas of college, leaving your family and friends behind, and embracing your individuality are about to become a reality. If I were in your shoes again, I would have changed many things. First, I would have considered my GPA. Is my GPA high enough to be recognized on the deans list at my future University? Next, I would consider my SAT and ACT scores. Did I study hard enough to recieve a high score? Are the scores high enough to be recognized by my University? Did I take the test more than once to recieve a higher score? Another to consider, did I involve myself in clubs, organizations and activities to be recognized by my University and Scholarship comittee? Did I search to the best of my ability for Scholarships online and through local organizations to relieve myself from college debt? The last and most important thing: Did I consider all of my options of majors and college choices before making a final decision and ask professionals about careers? Answer "yes" to all of these questions and you will be most successful in college. Good Luck. Thank you, Erika L. Winter

The best thing about Southeastern University is the dynamic student to student, student to teacher relationships. If there is ever a need, everyone is there for each other. Teachers even know and care deeply about the students lives and consider all possibilities of helping them. There is also a sense of family on the campus, as there are roghly 3500 students.

I wish I had known exactly what kind of degree I would need or want. I wish I had known how to find more financial aid. I wish I had known that my test scores and High School GPA detrmined my survival, financially for College.

Kathryn

If I could go back in time and give myself advice about college and the transition, I would tell myself to start out with the easiest classes possible. With those easy classes, use the extra time to get involved in as many campus activities as you can. Through those you will meet a lot of people and also gain a lot of experience in a few different areas. Some of those activities you may even want to use on your resume and they could help you get a good job in the future.

The best thing about my school is the class size. The class size is smaller than some of the bigger universities and because of the size the professors are able to give each student the necessary attention that he or she needs. Every professor is always willing to help students who may be struggling reach their full potential.

Lindsey

Lindsey, Make the most of your planner, it will become your best friend. When you get to college make sure you mkae the most of each day and do not get too caught up in your homework, you will finish it before it is due. Be outgoing and over friendly, you don't know what kind of day the person walking next to you is having. Take the time to be by yourself and reflect on what is going on around you. Whatever you do do not date your freshman year, you will have enough changes to get used to so do no complicate it with a boy. Remember to call your family and even drive to visit them, they will be a part of your life forever, beyond the four years of college. Do not get too caught up in all the fashion and comparing that goes on, stay true to who you are and what you stand for. Most of all have fun, this is a crucial time in your life and you only get to be in college once!

I like the community feel, the professors are very welcoming and helpful. We have a very nice campus and I love to sit outside and relax. The university is in the process of exapnding and transition. We just got a new president and he is revamping his leadership team. Big things are going to start happening for Southeastern!

To save up as much money as you can, sometime suprise expenses come up and if you have money saved it will decrease your stress level.

Roshni

My classmates are outgoing and social, and genuinely care about others' progress in class.

Since the age of 9, I have always known what I have wanted to do. I had my education and professional already planned out, wanting to go to law school and become a lawyer. Well, those plans did not exactly pan out how I had envisioned at that young age. I met my husband at the age of 20 and now being married for almost four years, we are expecting our second son in April! Winning this scholarship will help me to attain my new goals for school, new goals that work the best for my family. By winning this scholarship I can not only finish going to school, but help others in doing so as well. I have decided to pursue a degree in Human Services. This will enable me to counsel and help those in need. This scholarship will give me the opportunity to attain some of the goals I have had since I was a child, it will give me the opportunity to finish college!

I wish I had known that scholarships are a necessity for me!

Haleigh

I have gotten so much out of my college experience. I have learned how to be more out-going, faithful, courageous, and helpful. I have learned so much through my courses and I have improved my critical thinking skills. Not many people get the oppurtunity to attend such an amazing University that's as friendly and loving as Southeastern University. I can take what I have learned into the real world and use it anywhere. Earning your degree is important and can put you in your ideal profession, but learning how to gain friends, become more faith centered, and being brave are things you earn from experience. I have learned all of the qualities that are valued by so many people and I would not trade them for anything. Southeastern University is the perfect school to attend and I will attend through graduate school, it is the perfect campus for the perfect college experience.

The best thing about Southeastern University is how close you become to the students, staff, and faculty. I've never seen such an inspiring group of individuals. The campus is like a huge family, everyone looks out for everyone, you make friends everywhere you go and I havn't ran into a rude person since I've started attending in August.

Anyone could attend Southeastern University. It is a Christ centered school allowing their non Christian students to have the chance to get to know God and are able to be saved in the process. The classes are amazing and moving and the community within the campus is very friendly. Anyone would be lucky to attend such an awesome University.

Esterline

My college experience has thought me that I still need mommy and daddy. I also learn to better manage my time and to keep a sane mind when I have so much to do in so little time. It has been valuable to attend, because I met new people and widen my knowledge about the world.

The worst thing about my school is the high tuition cost, because it is a privite school.

The most frustrating thing about my school is the cafe's and bookstore's high prices.

One of the main things I have enjoyed are the relationships I have made and the impact I have had on people, and they on me. An experience that was especially significant to me was when I was a Resident Assistant. I loved being a "go to" person on campus. Even when woken up at 4am because students locked themselves out of their room, I was thrilled to be able to help. It was valuable because it taught me responsibility. I enjoyed meeting such a variety of people. I love to sit and listen to peoples' views on life, morals, eternity, or anything else they have an opinion on. I have found that if you listen long enough, you earn the privilege of then being able to speak and be heard; there is a great richness of life that comes with that privilege. The ability to influence people is scary and fulfilling and is valuable because 100% of success involves interaction with people. Academically, I LOVE to learn and have thoroughly enjoyed the challenge of earning excellent grades. I have learned the valuable lesson of completing grueling work; life is hard and I have learned to rise to its challenge.

People with low work ethic and those who struggle academically would struggle greatly at Southeastern because of the rigorous academic exercises and high standards of the professors. Students are expected to be punctual with turning in assignments and are expected to do their best. School policy states that students under 20 years old must submit to a 1am curfew; those 19 and under who dislike curfews would probably struggle at Southeastern. School also has a strict no-partying policy; drugs, alchohol, and nicotene products are not permitted; those who partake in these activities would find it difficult at Southeastern.

The dorms do not have WiFi! It is absurd that we are still chained to ethernet cords in this modern era! I also find it frustrating that the students are forced to eat in the back room of the cafeteria when there are event being held in the main cafeteria room. The students pay (alot!) good money to attend school and to eat there; it is unjust and demeaning for us to be sent to the back to eat food of lesser quality while other people of "higher status" get to eat in front.

Kerstin

My classmates are engaging and willing to be open and share about the topic we are learning about.

I have gotten Independence and an Identity out of my college experience. I have been able to find the major that fit best with me , which is social work. Going to a Christian University has allowed my growth spiritually and academically. I have made friends for life with the five girls that I currently live with. There is an abundance of experiences that I will walk away with but a few of them that are memorable are working on Student Government for two years and working alongside students to make change happen. I also have been required to be in an internship that is required for the social work major. In this internship i have gotten real life experience working with adoptions. This school has been so valuable to attend because all of these experiences are priceless and could have never been bought with a price.

A person that is open to learning about the Christian faith and that is serious about engaging in a Christian culture.

caleb

Well my college is a christain college so I have been getting stronger in my faith. I have been learning how to lead more as well since attending this college.

It's extremely boring on the weekends.

Southeastern University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.