Southeastern University

« See more reviews of Southeastern University

Before I came to this school, I had an extremely optimistic outlook on my education experiences at Southeastern. I still remain entirely optimisitc. However, I understand now, that nothing in the future is gauranteed. For example, I do not know, at this point, if I can return and complete four years. The money simply is not there. As an incoming freshman, I wish I would have understood that nothing is certain. Anything can happen in the future. You must take things as they come. I am skeptical about the future. But I am still, without a doubt, hopeful and optimistic.

I wish I had known that a Christian University, regardless of its private or public status, would be so intolerant of diversity, political sympathies and convictions. This is a school whose students and administration (excluding the faculty) embrace the ignorance of the many fundamentalists and dogmatic demagogues that went before them. The demonization and exclusion of all things democratic, liberal, and free thinking was a huge turn-off for me. I probably would not have come to Southeastern University if I had known these things ahead of time.

I wish I would have known how to better prepare myself for college. I never visited any in high school and I had never really even thought of going to college. Things like keeping a high GPA and even taking college courses in high school would have definitely helped me avoid the situation that I am in now. I guess just knowing the importance of good grades and hard work would have been very beneficial before coming here.

I wish I had known that I would need more information academically. The advisors do not do alot to assist you and this can become somewhat frusterating. It is extremely important to make a relationship with your advisor becuase he or she ultimately helps you accomplish your career successfully, in the least amount of time.

There is a big issue with parking. Because of the many students that attend here, there are a plethora of cars. There isn't enough parking on campus, thus there is a sand/grass lot across the street that holds the rest of the cars. The 2 main concerns are saftey at night and also convienence.

One thing I wish I had known is the ability to get connected with other Christians. I was always shy with my Christianity in high school because there weren't very many Christians. Now that I am Southeastern University, I am surrounded by a lot, and I absolutely love it.

I wish I had known exactly what kind of degree I would need or want. I wish I had known how to find more financial aid. I wish I had known that my test scores and High School GPA detrmined my survival, financially for College.

they are fairly judgemental if you don't dress like the majority of students, for instance, you don't really go around in bum clothes without the more snobish ones giving your dirty looks.

I wish i would have known that it takes alot more time then high school.And that things are totally different and sometimes everything is on you if you want to pass and succeed in life.

To save up as much money as you can, sometime suprise expenses come up and if you have money saved it will decrease your stress level.