Southern Adventist University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Southern Adventist University

Nelson

Southern is a great campus to be at. There are lots of opportunities to get together with other students and to have a social life on the weekends. On the weekdays there is a lot of studies going on all across campus. There are many different areas on campus where you can study at. That could mean being traditionally in the Library or even in the nontraditional areas, like the kitchen dorm room lobby. We also have a student center that’s great for group studying and the promenade is a great place to be when the weather outside is delightful! On the weekends there is lots of different opportunities for those who choose to sleep in or for those who like to visit the outdoors. Not too far from the country life, with many mountains where hiking or cliff jumping can be done. City life is about 20 minutes away. Where you will find all kinds of things to do in downtown are or for some shopping. With all the good there is to talk about you must always stay focused on you studies and manage your time wisely. Time fly’s here, and before you know it may be one in the morning with you studying. It also may be cheaper to make your own food in the kitchens, but the café also sells food but at a steeper price. All food is weighted, but when you have no choice you have to do what you have to do. Look into this college and see if it’s a fit for you. This college is indeed spiritually and mentally powered.

Luke

Southern has the most friendly campus I could imagine, along with incredible academic opportunities. It is one of the only schools to offer character animation as a major that isn't flooding with students. This allows the staff to maintain personal connections with each of their students. It excels in many other focuses as well including the medical field. Southern does an amazing job of providing the best opportunities possible in a loving way and truly reaches out to all who need help. I am proud to be at this school and would not have chose any other school to attend.

Jannine Ivy

This school has made it really easy for me to love it. There's plenty of help available for struggling students, or students that need any sort of assistance. The staff are friendly and genuine about helping their kids, the campus is under constant surveillance, and they accommodate to the passions of their students from arts to physical activities. I love the school, and it has shown me that it loves me back!

Mary

Southern is an Adventist school, which means it's religious based and private. There is variety of students which creates a "just right" balance. I love the area it is located in. I really enjoy the weather and watching the seasons change on campus. SAU is not a huge university, taking in consideration the many students who live off campus, but it's a great size with not too many people. Meeting new people and going on events is a perk at SAU. Now, this school is not for everyone, there could be better options or options chosen for lacking activities. Overall, I like my school just as much anyone else would like their own.

Arielle

Great school! I have visited the campus quite a few times back when I was in middle school. I love the environment and the area where the college is located at. It is a totally different environment compared to the college where I am currently attending to now. I know it for sure that SAU will help me become a very successful student.

Janelle

I love the campus and the people here. This place easily felt like home to me.

Lori

This university is my number one choice! I'm an Adventist and I want to get into social work; I've heard from numerous people that students who aren't even Christian go to Southern for that program. I love the religious aspect and the community. I'm very excited to join SAU!

Ariel

Southern Adventist University is a great university with a homey feeling. Everyone is friendly and there is always something there for your liking. Whether places to study, hangout, relax, exercise, etc. We also have a very good spiritual environment to help your faith grow and keep it growing. The campus is also very safe, there is never any type of criminal activity going on. Campus safety is always walking around as well. The campus is also very beautiful, with many trees, and flowers to enjoy. The campus is very large on studying and making sure your academic life is your priority. From the library, to study halls in each building students can study and get help from other places instead of their dorm. Last but not least, this university also are big on making sure their students are not to stressed with school and life. The have school outings and gatherings to make students life and relax again.

Marissa

Great School! Teachers are always available and are super caring. Sports are not huge but there are opportunities to get somewhat involved. There is also huge opportunities to do things outside of school such as going downtown and excursions offered by the school.

Candy

It is a decent school focused more so on nursing and theology. It has more opportunities and assistance for those in the medical and science field. In terms of art, the students fend for themselves for careers and social connections. However, the art teachers are always there to help.

Traverse

My overall opinion of Southern Adventist University is mostly all good things. I enjoy the company of those who attract the University, I like their recreational sports, and enjoy the food, and I like to work hard in school since they have good academics. I do not like the fact that there is a curfew and the worship credits system, but other than that, I love Southern Adventist University.

Chadwick

Its is a good school with lots of potential to become better.

Saralyn

I really love the school. I was skeptical at first, but looking back I'm glad I came.

Harold

Southern Adventist University is an excellent campus to be at. The student body and faculty are great and kind people, and are always willing to give advice and help whenever it's needed. The campus itself is amazing, being located in the mountains and right near forests. It has an amazing atmosphere to it and I enjoy every single moment, being next to the wildlife and nature.

Cindy

Southern is simply home sweet home! The faculty, staff, students here, absolutely everyone are welcoming, caring, constantly in a look out for each other. We are simply a big family, any student here would not only fall in love with their surroundings, the landscaping, etc but also will the school as a whole. Southern is full of opportunities and excellent academic programs. Professors here are extremely nice and helpful, students here can experience a one to one communication with their professors which a plus! Personally, Southern Adventist University is by far the best university!

Ayinel

This college is a place shadowed by the mountains. This college has beautiful nature. This university is pretty religious, yet very friendly. They are always up for a discussion about religion. They give opportunities so that students can have success in the workforce. All in all, I would recommend, but make sure to be friendly as well.

Southern Adventist University is one of the best places that I have been. The staff and teachers alike are always supportive and ready to lend a helping hand when they can. Not only are the academics outstanding but the environment as well. I do not think of Southern as just my college. Southern is my home.

Alexander

Southern Adventist University is an incredible school that encourages both academic and spiritual success. The institution offers many tools to help further our education and are genuine with its interaction with students. Overall this school is a great place with a healthy atmosphere.

Nara

It is a great school with great professors and a very nice campus. The only big issue I have is the cafeteria food. I don't mind that everything is vegetarian, but the quality of the food isn't the best, but I'm sure there is worse. The overall atmosphere is pretty good.

Stacey

Southern is an excellent place if you're looking for a solid focus on academics and an overall growth for the physical, mental and spiritual person. The environment is optimal for fostering positive, academic and social relationships with faculty, students and staff.

Silvia Juliana

I love it, the atmosphere is very peaceful, you have the option to work on campus, there are a lot of extracurricular activities. You can meet a lot of people from other countries. The classes are really good. The professors are always available to talk and to help you.

Josh

Southern Adventist University is a nice school in general, I think they have a nice campus, and the school is an Adventist school and for what I know, remains drug and alcohol free. I think the freedom of the dorm is a bit too restricting for college students, basically adults, who want to go out and do something late at night.

Marcus

I believe that Southern Adventist University is a wonderful place where one can learn to grow in every aspect of life. They intentionally find ways to make sure every student is involved and try to make you feel at home in the process. Overall Southern Adventist University is a great place if you would like to have a unique college experience.

Zachary

I have actually really enjoyed my time at Southern. That being said, I'm in my final year and I'm ready to leave and be done. Rules here can be a bit harsh and unyielding, but if you come you're coming for an environment of encouragement and love, and that's what this school has. Wether you are religious or not, this school will make you feel welcome and intellectually stimulated of course.

Danika

Southern is a nice school with a sense of community and familiarity. Most teachers teach quite clearly and help you understand the subject. The facilities on campus such as the pool and gym are a big plus. Some things could be improved; however, overall it is a great school.

Jaira

Very good school, especially the spiritual and Christian aspect. Great people, great academics, great everything. I love how there's a beautiful gym that all students and faculty have access to. The campus is located around gorgeous greenery with multiple hiking trails within campus. 10/10.

Southern Adventist University is not just a place to get an education - it is an experience. The entire staff gives the strong impression of wanting you to succeed, and provides the resources to prove it. The environment is healthy and gives time for recreation and creativity, both of which have great value. They clearly show the love of God in action. Southern Adventist University is a place to grow and belong.

Allyson

I believe that Southern Adventist University is an exceptional institution that provides students will all the necessary attributes to succeed in not only the work force, but in life as well. Southern Adventist University encourages students to aim high in every aspect of their life. This includes spirituality, academics, cultural background, sports, and many more! I've visited Southern three times. Each time was an honor and a privilege, and I was never disappointed in any aspect. If anything Southern Adventist University exceeded all my expectations and implemented my desire to attend their college. I believe any student who attends Southern Adventist University will not only offer an proper college education for each student, but also a suitable life on campus, and enhanced lifestyle. Southern Adventist University is a college worth attending, and praising.

Donnie

Southern is an absolutely wonderful school. The professors are always positive and encouraging. The facilities are always clean, the library is up to date with the latest search engines and there is always some one to help you find what you need. The professors are so helpful and always want to see you succeed.