Camden, AR
Southern Arkansas University Tech

1 Rating

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Southern Arkansas University Tech

Laquita

the students and faculty is so nice and understanding. they have an awesome and well choreographed drama/ theater club that i cant wait to join. the honors club is especially wonderful and they do it for fun, like volunteer for things give other people stuff, help others out.

Rikki

Someone who is searching for a place to get their basic credits and then transfer, would like this school seeing as we have many transfer options. Somebody wanting their two-year degree or a technical certificate should attend this school because of the career options it has, like majors such as, Business, Multimedia, or Education. The school has options for single parents, housing with varying financial requirements, as well as on-campus jobs.

In a school in which the slogan is "we put you first," it seems that the student population and their opinion doesn't really count. Sure, we are asked how we feel about activities or technical problems, such as the Internet connection. Still it seems like nothing is really accomplished and the voices of the students are simply pushed aside. Nice speeches and promises follow, but the problems still are not fixed. Such a slogan as "we put you first" should be true in all ways, not just a few.

More than anything I would let myself know that high school and college are two very different things, in two different places, so I should spend as much time with my high school friends as I can, because college life is very time consuming. Phone calls, Skype chats, and the occasional visit during Christmas break, may be all the contact you have with those friends. You'll make new friends, sure, but it won't be the same. Try your hardest to look for grants and scholarships, in fact, don't stop looking. You'll never know when a deadline with come up with something that fits you and you can get money because of it. It always helps to have more scholarship and grant money than you think you need. On the other end of the money spectrum, don't worry yourself over money and if there is enough, or how much to spend. Your parents got you covered, and you have a wonderful way with saving, so don't stress about being a "broke college kid" because you'll be fine. Also, just because you live at school, doesn't mean the assignments are easy. Work hard.

Dedrin

The unique thing I like about Sau Tech is that it offers online classes for students who have busy lives and are not able to attend class room sessions. My school is also one of the two community colleges that offer housing in Arkansas out of many others community colleges that do not offer housing in Arkansas. This helps with younger students who want an on-campus life experience and not have to live at home with their parents.

If I could travel back in time and talked to myself as a high school senior. The advice I would have given myself is to go to a community college first because it is more affordable to get your basics first, then transfer to a four year institution and complete a bachelor degree. I would also advise myself to never rush to finish and obtain a degree because there will be life challenges and classes that require more studying time. Last, I would advise myself that having too many classes would stress me out and hinder my gpa. So take my time with school and have fun getting a higher education.

Southern Arkansas University Tech administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.