Southern California University of Health Sciences Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Southern California University of Health Sciences

Harold

Southern California University of Health Sciences is a sham and the employees there are bullies! Don't waste your time, and more importantly your money applying or attending. I applied to both their DC and PA programs and was first accepted into their DC program. After my acceptance, I kept receiving admissions emails regarding my "admission to their PA program." When I called the school to report the irregularity, I was told by Ms Elizabeth Cruz the email had been sent in error. Strangely, Ms Elizabeth Cruz also told me at that time that applicants were expected to be "professional throughout the application process." - Apparently Ms Elizabeth Cruz says this to "everyone" (despite never saying this to me at any time during our previous phone calls before that). It wasn't after I called to follow up on my PA application (months later) that I was told (more so screamed at) by Mr David Coronado, who told me I would not be accepted into their PA program and that my DC acceptance had been rescinded because I had "altered" their admission emails... When I tried to ask where this accusation was coming from, Mr David Coronado refused to let me speak and threatened to report me to CASPA. When I tried to justify the validity of the emails I had received, Mr Coronado raised his voice at me and told me that my opinion did not matter. Well after months of being told I'd get a call back from the dean of the DC and PA program (which never occurred), I was able to settle the situation with the school and obtain an apology. The school did in fact report me to CASPA and I was also able to obtain a retraction for their libelous claim. At this point I have no desire to attend this school and was glad to see the reality about SCUHS before becoming part of the student body. Ultimately SCUHS and its staff lack the professionalism required to operate a health sciences school and SCUHS' action only discredits the legitimacy of the school. While SCUHS is tasked with training our future healthcare providers, the school doesn't seem to know what it is doing at the administrative level...

Fernando

Southern California University of Health Science is wonderful school that is expanding the type of professions that one can explore. The largest group of students consist of students in the doctor of Chiropractic Medicine program. Other programs include, physician assistant, Licensed Acupuncturist, Doctorate of Acupuncture & Oriental Medicine, and many more. What attracted me to come to this school for my graduate program is the community of the faculty and staff. They are readily available and willing to help at any given time. There are many opportunities for extra on hands work if needed. During the first term, you dive in hands on with activities which is also very exciting and worthwhile. It helps piece together the information learned throughout the curriculum but in the classroom instead of laboratories. For a student like myself who needs to see and perform activities to make the connection, this is the most beneficial aspect of the program. I’d recommend this school to anybody pursuing a degree in Medicine of any sort.

haykoushek

I just started my first class at this university and so far it has been nothing but a joy attending this school. SCUH has a very professional staff and amazing professors and my fellow class mates help each other out like we are a big family which makes you enjoy going to school.

Mila

While I cant speak for all of the programs that SCUHS has to offer, I can speak highly of they Ayurvedic Medicine program. Our program director Dr Anu dedicates what seems to be all of her time and resources to see that the students succeed. Little is known about the practice of Ayurvedic medicine in the United states. It is a holistic integrative medicine practice which supports preventative medicine sciences. The National Ayurvedic Medicine Association Is the certification board of Ayurvedic Medicine in the United States and considers us to be the top accredited university in the nation. The practice of Ayurveda predates our existence by approximately 6-thousand years and is still a popular practice in Eastern countries. From Sanskrit, the word Ayurveda simply translates to the science of life. We believe in connecting the mind, body, and spirit to create a physical and metaphysical balance in a being. Our modalities of treatment include: Herbal medicine, body treatments, meditation, yoga, breathing exercises, customized organic nutrition, using food as medicine, modified daily routines, and counseling for mental wellness. Our field is considered a holistic approach to integrative medicine because we respect and believe in the advancements that Western Medicine continues to make, and we believe in amalgamating Ayurvedc values into the daily lives of individuals for optimum health benefits. Currently, practitioners, educators and students of Ayurveda programs nationwide are striving to bring licensure to the United States. When that does happen, SCUHS will have the bar set for the epitome of what will be an Ayurveda Doctoral Program. I look forward to when that day will arrive. Thank you for your time and interest in how I feel about the Southern California University of Health Sciences. - Mila Grass