New Haven, CT
Southern Connecticut State University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Southern Connecticut State University

Christina

Southern has a great deal to offer its students academically.

Southern has a great deal to offer its students academically.

If the opportunity comes to go away to college take it, being away teaches a person responsibility. It is also important that both the parents and students keep an open mind.

Rebecca

My classmates are compassionate, driven for success, and really are like a family.

Southern Connecticut State University is unique compared to other schools that I considered because it really is driven for success. Being one of the best schools for educational studies I knew from the begining that this was my school. I have dreamed of being a teacher ever since I can remember. Also being that Southern is such a close nit school, I wanted to be in an environment that I felt confterable and I knew that this was possible here.

Amber

Not sure exactly, but I came here because it has a great psych program.

Not sure exactly, but I came here because it has a great psych program.

SCSU is very diverse. Everyone seems to get along, and it has a lot of different classes to choose from.

The best advice I can give to parents or prospective students is to keep looking at colleges until they find the best one that suits their own personal needs. I chose what college was convenient to get to, and which was easily affordable. Even though a school might be convenient and affordable, it's not always the best choice. I'm happy with where I'm at, but I do wish I had applied to more schools and looked around more before settling on a state university. If you enjoy where you go to school, it's much easier to succeed. Check out every aspect of the school, including the campus housing, the department you are joining, clubs, dining halls, and even sit in on classes. The more you get involved before you attend the school, the more you will know if it is the right place for you.

Siobhan

I highly recommend a place that requires students to live on campus for the first year. It really gives students the ability to find out who they are and become bonded with their fellow classmates. It should also have a low crime rate and excellent reputation for their teachers.

Anyone who is willing to get a quality education.

It is a great school with many opportunities to meet new friends. It has a very modern library to do research on those hard term papers. Excellent teachers and staff.

Best Nursing and Teaching Program in the United States

Best Nursing and Teaching Program in the United States

Follow your heart, if your heart takes you away from family, go with it, don't let people tell you to stay home just spo their happy.

I wish i would have know the things i know now, it would be much more relaxing.

Marissa

Look around and have fun! You should not be so worried about the choice but finding what is the best fit for you the student!

The large school but close knit family.

A person should know who they are. So many of the students have no idea what they want and get stuck at our campus for years trying to get a degree with no guidence.

The atmosphere around southern has really offered and helped me make my decision of where to go to school. I like the busy surroundings and how spread out the campus is. The size is pretty large but I feel that the school could be developed a lot more having great potential for future years and offer more courses.

When trying to choose a college I want to advise many to make sure you are comfortable with class size, the campus surroundings and the campus itself and remember that these next years are for you and nobody else!

The housing situation is really unfair. There should be more extra carricular activites offered. The fitness center should be larger and free to all students to use. More on campus jobs should be offered even if you do not qualify for financial aid.

Southern Connecticut State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.