New Haven, CT
Southern Connecticut State University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Southern Connecticut State University

yasheika

MY SCHOOL IS BEST KNOWN FOR THEIR DIVERSITY AND ITS SPORTING DEPARTMENT.

MY SCHOOL IS BEST KNOWN FOR THEIR DIVERSITY AND ITS SPORTING DEPARTMENT.

I would tell myself to apply to all type of schools and do not limit myself because the school of my choice might not be the one that is right for me. I would also tell myself to study harder and worker so I will have a great chance of getting into a really good school.

I BELIEVE THAT IF YOUR ARE NOT LOOKING FOR DIVERSITY AND TEACHERS WHO ARE HANDS ON AND WILL TELL YOU LIKE IT IS THEN YOU SHOULD NOT ATTEND SCSU. THE TEACHERS AT THE SCHOOL WLL ENSURE THAT YOU GET A GREAT EDUCATION BUT IT MIGHT NOT PLEASE EVERYONE.

Jonathan

I would take some more time in taking to people instead of having my focus directed on my studies most of the time. I have made good friends with some awesome people at SCSU, and I do not regret having any of those friendships for a second, but i have always felt that I could have been more involved with Campus life and go out with my firends more. I would also tell my high school self to seriously look into moving out on my own. As i go through my college education as a communter, I live at home and i have recently have had the urge to move out and live on my own. I think that I would really enjoy it and I honestly do believe I am ready to deal with the responsibilities that come with living alone. I work two jobs and bring in more money than the average college student (I believe) so I believe I will not suffer financially. I think I would strive in this kind of situation.

A person who shouldn't attend SCSU is a person who wishes to big at an environment that has a big city feel to it. While there is plenty to do at SCSU it would pale in comparison to other schools in larger cities. SCSU has more of a small town feel, and most of its students are local, thus if you feel like you want to meet people from far and wide, nationally and internationally, SCSU is not the school for you

I find myself mostly bragging about my schedule. I find that SCSU has a lot of classes during the middle of the day, which avoid waking up early in the morning. As well as a lot of monday, wednesday and tuesday, thursday classes. This way I avoid taking friday classes essentially making my week only four days. This allows me to get all my work done in a timely manner and avoid getting stressed out. I also brag about the lack of stress that I experience even though I am an A student.

My classmates are really friendly.

My classmates are really friendly.

The advice I would give myself is to focus. Every class matters, every credit matters. My freshman year I didn't care about school and I really just blew my parents money for sending me here and I took classes I didn't even need because they were "easy". College is very important and you need to take it seriously. Also if you are getting guidance from someone and it doesn't seem right, it's okay to ask other advisors for that they think you should do. And to get more involved with my school community, take advantage of being in college and go to the football games and the plays and talent shows.

Kristyn

If I could go back in time and talk to my high school senior self, there would be a lot that I would tell myself. I would give myself some advice on time management and to avoid procrastination as much as possible because it will add so much unnecessary stress. I would also warn myself about prefectionism in college life and how it may not always be possible but doing my best will be more than enough. I would encourage myself to stick with it and continue on through the struggles that I had to endure. I would tell myself that I made it and that it is possible, and that there is so much more after high school. Most importantly I would tell myself that my struggles with my health wouldn't be the end of me and that I could succeed not only in college but in life. I would tell myself that it's going to be dificult but not impossible, to do my very best and study a lot.

Gina

Making sure that people who go into teaching are trully passionate for the profession.

Stop rushing to get to the end of the road; appreciate and savor the process of getting there. Life is the process not so much the end.

Southern Connecticut State University is a very good school. I found the school to be a perfect fit for me. People who enjoy to learn, have set goals and want a career in teaching will greatly benefit from the B.A programs offered at S.C.S.U. The amazing staff and curriculum is geared to prepare you to be the best teacher you can be.

Jake

Southern Connecticut State University is a community of unending support and opportunity. Interests are pursued through Southern to inexhaustible depth and variety. Faculty and administration are responsive, professional, and willing to share. The University seeks to stay connected and prepared to provide for and guide the needs of its members. The experience faculty brings reaches around the world, and into the networks of active practitioners. Motivated, sincere, individuals do, and can, create very personalized or efficient curriculums to grow perspectives and skill sets. A lot of meaningful experience can be earned through Southern.

What do students complain about most?

Parking has been something to work with, but a new garage has been built, as-well-as a new parking lot opening over this summer (2013).

There are always things going on, or being initiated. Generally, there are activities involving food, entertainment, or athletics and fitness. The university community is regularly bringing in scholars and professionals to host talks.

The student body is diverse. Members of the community come from countless cultures with broad interests. Generally, they have initiative and are proactive.

First generation college students. Students who maintain employment as they matriculate.

Bryanna

Southern has numerous activities that students can participate in whether living on or off campus.

I would tell myself to start thinking about what you want to do now and make sure thats what you definitely want to do. I would also want to tell myself that you have to do scholarships and make sure you definitely reach the deadlines. I would beg myself to start looking for scholarships before time is up. I would also tell myself to be prepared to talk to your roommate and make a date in an earlier date so that you and your roommate can discuss the things you two will need to work out.

There are so many diverse people attending the school and Southern also has a diverse faculty.

jenna

If I could talk to myself as a high school senior again, I would tell my self to do whatever it takes in college to achieve the highest grades possible. Small social life sacrifices are well worth the pay off of having the highest GPA of your ability. However, I'd also tell myself to not let my GPA define me completely. Join clubs, organizations, teams.. any thing that expands your network of people and lets you take the necessary mental breaks from school work. Do what allows you to discover, explore and get the best possible experience while working towards your degree. These should be the best four years of your life, step outside your comfort zone and the rewards will be endless.

Some of the professors truly want students to learn and succeed

How biased the process is for admission to the nursing program

Esther

I would tell myself to go to school right after high school so i could actually be able to take care of my kids and support them on my own. Having kids before going to college just makes it ten times harder and I wish i would have went to school before having them.

Scott

An inexpensive school with great professors willing to teach you as long as your willing to learn

I would personally have a lot to say to myself. I would start by saying that focus is everything in college. You're given much more freedom than you are in high school and its a great test to see how you are as a student. I would make it very clear to myself that getting involved with anything at school will be helpful in the long run, no matter how pointless it sounds at the time. Also i would tell myself not to be as worried as i was going into college cause its a gret expeirience and nothing like i thought it would be. Meeting new people and making friends was extremely easy and getting involved is even easier. Basically to sum it up I would say not to stress over anything until you expeirience it for yourself cause you never know what anything has instore for you.

The size of the school is perfect along with the professors and students that attend it. Everyone is very kind and courtious and very willing to help others.

Southern Connecticut State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.