New Haven, CT
Southern Connecticut State University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Southern Connecticut State University

Christine

I have learned that I am okay being on my own and I'm capable of taking care of myself.

That it can get really boring when you don't have class.

Sometimes the wireless internet doesn't work in classrooms and dorm buildings.

Max

My school is best known for its nursing and secondary education programs.

My school is best known for its nursing and secondary education programs.

I have gotten a good amount out of my college experience. For one, I gained a good amount of liberal arts knowledge because of all the required liberal classes. Also, I have saved some money going to this public state school because I live in Connecticut. One thing I learned is that my college is not the best for socializing especially during the weekends because it tends to be a commuter school and also many students go home on the weekend. Yet, I still learned to make due with what I had and with that I picked up a good sense of responsibility.

There are a couple senarios where a person should attend Southern Connecticut State University. For one, as colleges go it is not very expensive if you live in Connecticut so one should come here if they want to save money and still get a quality education. Also, if a student is not sure what they want to major in this is also a good college because of the liberal arts style teaching and classes.

From my college experience, I have learned a great deal. I have learned that learning involves not only memorizing the material, but fully understanding the concepts presented. I have also realized that sometimes people will not be there to hold your hand and walk you through things, whether in school or in life; and that is when you need to reassure yourself that you're strong enough to get through it and to just keep moving forward. I also learned that I am much more capable and intelligent than I believed. I have learned so much information on various topics and at times I would get discouraged and think that my brain cannot possible handle any more information; yet I was able to retain the information and do well on my exams. This lesson is not only dear to me because I have gotten good grades in school, but because I have learned to believe in myself and never doubt my capabilities. It has been extremely valuable to attend college because I have not only learned information about the profession I wish to get into, yet I have also learned a great deal about myself, my abilites, and self confidence.

I wish I had known that the classes needed in order to graduate would not be offered when necessary and that some of the professors would not be helpful.

Southern Connecticut State University is a community that accepts all diversities with open arms, ready to learn.

SCSU is best known for it's education program for future teachers, as well as the student body's pride in their school.

My college experience has been a short one; I have only been here for a week. However, there are a few things I can tell you right off the bat. My professors are passionate about the subjects they teach. In my Western Civilizations class, my professor is so interested about ancient history, that he took the time to learn to write hieroglyphics. He is knowlegable in almost every nook and cranny of ancient history. It is inspiring to know that hopefully one day that will be me. Futhermore, SCSU has a strong sense of community. It is a small, state college with a big heart. From the first day of orientation to the day I am writing this, I have never once felt alienated from my fellow peers. There is so much diversity here that wherever you turn there is someone to guide you and help you become the person you aspire to be.

Out of this college experience I have learned that it is truely up to you, the student, to accomplish anything. If you are not fully focused or applied all the oppertunites can and will pass you by. Nothing can be done without hard work and dedication to yourself and goals. It is very important to set goals and checkpoints in life and during courses. If there is no check list life might feel as if nothing has been accomplished. College is just a step in life many choose to take whether you decide to complete it, it is up to you.

The best thing about Southern would be the location because it is close to my house. Which makes it possible to commute.

I wish I knew more about the finacial aid because it is very difficult to keep up with all the costs and payments.

Margot

So far, my college experience has been below expectations.. Doing two years at a community college has really motivated me and set the level for which I must perform at next year at the University of Miami. I do feel talented at math at science but sometimes not at the level I know I will be competing against that is why I am willing to to anything, any tutotring, any sacrifice of social "exploration" thoughout the next four year to become a civil enigneer. I feel that if I had not done the two years at my comminty college I would not be at the mental level I am at now. I think doing two years at a community college gave me time to grow and develop mentally as a student and as a girl. I would never have been ready or known how many sacrifices I will have to make for the next four years if I had gone straight into engieering from high school. Now I am ready to totally emerse myself in a new world.

I have not attended college yet but I will be attending an Aviation School outside of Pittsburgh, PA called Chippewa. I am really looking forward to attending college but need some financial help.

Mohsin

At times they sound uninformed, other times they sound cleaver or intelligent ; my classmates come from all walks of life and I love them all because I get to learn a little bit of something from the best of them.

My college experience has been priceless, because I have learned many functions, strategies and elements of a business from my teachers and professors that I was able to use in the real world. My father owns a grocery store which provides the local Indian, Pakistani, Bengladesi and Asian community with products imported directly from their country. I took classes in business for two and a half years and used my college experience and contacts to make my fathers business prosper online. I created and launched a website for my fathers business on which customers can order online and get delivery of the products directly to their home. Many of my professors and fellow students helped me get this website up and running. Hard work goes into building a website, marketing it, driving sales and delivering the products. My professors were professionals and knew what I needed to do and guided me on how to do it. Today, the website is averaging $200 a day in sales and is gaining new customers every day. If i had not gone to college I would not have been able to do this for my fathers business.

I am a student transferring into Southern Connecticut State University from Norwalk Community College both in Connecticut. I would like to tell a little about myself before I go into detail about why the SCSU is the right school for me. I am an entrepreneur, I get this skill from my father, an entrepreneur. I have developed a good understanding of finance and want to pursue a degree in finance. SCSU, has a comprehensive Finance program which will help me rationalize;future business and career decisions. Understanding finance is one of the core elements to understanding and running a business.

renee

Know when it was time to play and when it was time for business.

Know when it was time to play and when it was time for business.

During my college experience, it taught me responsibility and taught me that i can make it without mommy and daddy leading me every step of the way. It allowed me to see that the world is not a scary place to be as long as you are equiped with the right tools of knowledge. When i first left I was not ready and i was scare. I was so use to having my family around and college help me to mature and grown up. I learn life can be fun but you must handle your business first. Once your business affairs are set then you can enjoy life. It also was very valuable for me to attend in order to obtain a good job with excellent pay rates and benefits. By going to college you learn with your worth and when you go out into the working field you can express and share you know. Another reason i am going back to school because now a bachelors degree is nothing but a high school diploma. I know what i am worth and it gave me the confidence to stand up for myself and not let companies take advantage of me.

To be honest I loved SCSU...I had fun and the teachers were great. Its a great school to learn responsibilty and it will help you grow up quick...They treat you with respect and we were like family.

Gillian

I've gotten a large cultural experience from going to this school. It is very culturally diverse and coming here has opened my eyes to many things. I have met a large variety of people, getting to know a lot about different races, religions, and beliefs. Another value in attending Southern Connecticut State University would be the help and support from the faculty and staff. Coming from a High School where I had done mediocre to graduating in only four years has put a lot of self confidence and awareness that I have the knowledge to persue any career I set my mind to. Although I had been undeclared for three semesters, the variety of classes made me realize who I really was and who I want to become. The professors I had incorporated much experience into their teachings which made it more accessible to understand the material that was being taught. Knowing this; Psychology was the best route for me and going to Southern Connecticut State University really led me to that direction. Without the knowledge I had been administered I would never realize the potential I access and the technique I can carry on in the future.

As a freshman and an out of state student it was hard to get to know a lot of people because many kids went home on the weekends and went home for certain situations. Sometimes classes fill up quickly, mostly because of the increasing amount of students who attend SCSU.

There are plenty of things to do downtown and around campus. There are a variety of classes that are offered at this school and all are interesting and taught by well-educated professors.

Southern Connecticut State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.