Southern Connecticut State University

« See more reviews of Southern Connecticut State University

At Southern Connecticut State University we have a diverse population of students. Each semester I meet students from different backgrounds that are able to teach me more about their culture, lifestyle , cuisine, and history. Other schools had less of a diverse population. I also enjoyed the welcoming staff on my tour which set aside my school from others. I met with my social work department teachers prior to enrollment to the college they really gave me an idea about the program and were able to answer specific questions regarding the program. Futhermore, Southern's students carry pride in their hearts.

Southern is very diverse and accepting. There are a lot of organizations that get the student body involved, it is a lot of fun on campus and there is a wide variety of activities for students. The campus is large, but the classes are not overwhelming. There may be a few lectures with over 200 students, but this is very rare. The professors like to get the students involved and help you out in any way possible. The whole experience here is wonderful.

Southern Connecticut State University is unique compared to other schools that I considered because it really is driven for success. Being one of the best schools for educational studies I knew from the begining that this was my school. I have dreamed of being a teacher ever since I can remember. Also being that Southern is such a close nit school, I wanted to be in an environment that I felt confterable and I knew that this was possible here.

The best part about my school is its location. It has a very nice balance of urban and rural settings. New Haven is a nice small city that is not overwhelming, and it does not take long to get to places where you can experience the joy of the outdoors. I am from the country so it is very nice to be able to have places nearby that are not too urban and that remind me of home.

Southern has a very diverse campus, and everyone enjoys each others company. You will see groups of students, such as the art scholar, guitarist, break dancer, and football player, having a blast together, even if career interest's or hobbies aren't similar. Everyone is always smiling, and it's just a calm, friendly environment.

The atmosphere around southern has really offered and helped me make my decision of where to go to school. I like the busy surroundings and how spread out the campus is. The size is pretty large but I feel that the school could be developed a lot more having great potential for future years and offer more courses.

The location of SCSU is unique. It's located in New Haven which is a fun city to go out in. There are a lot of shops, restaurants, and bars close by. The size of the school is good because its big enough to always be meeting new people but its small enough to have small, intimate classrooms.

Southern is very deversitied and offers a lot of trips to places off campus, which is really a great way to meet people and stay on campus. the housing and dorms were also a lot better then many other colleges. Thought there was enough space for two people in one dorm room.

There is no actual bus/shuttle schedule- it just comes whenever it pleases which is mind-boggling. The campus is also split in half by a city street that students have to cross just to get to class every day. We have a good reputation for our Education and Nursing schools.

It is resonably priced in comparison to the tution of other universities. The buildings and classrooms are newly remodeled, large, and comfortable. The teachers are always willing to help and the financial aid department is definitely full of helpful employees.