Southern Crescent Technical College Top Questions

caitlyn

If I was able to go back knowing what I do. I would go to a bigger college with more students. I would apply for the better schools so that I would not have to be into the mess I am in today. However, I would still continue the path of being a High school teacher.

Nicholette

Considering that I did not go to my senior year of high school. I would have told myself to stay in school!!! In the year after I stopped attending high school I did regret my decision, but I went and got my GED instead. After that I went to college and have since graduated with an AAS in Accounting. I am planning on continuing at another college to gain my backelor's degree. Funding is my problem.. :(

Janaya

First, I would tell myself to make sure that I do not sleep upon those important deadlines for financial aid, registering classes, buying textbooks, or other important tasks. If I do, then it will make my life a living hell to try and catch up. Secondly, I would tell myself to choose a college carefully. I need to understand that what I want versus what I need may not always mesh well together and to weigh my options realistically. Would that commute really be worth it? Will financial aid be able to handle these costs? Lastly, networking is very important. That does not mean that I have to be the most popular person in the world. Just connecting with other classmates or developing a student-teacher relationship with an instructor are perfect examples of everyday practical networking, which may be essential to furthering my career or gaining opportunities to expand my skills.