Southern Illinois University-Carbondale

« See more reviews of Southern Illinois University-Carbondale

A big dividing factor at SIUC is the separation of West campus and East campus. A main road and all of the academic buildings separate these two living areas. East campus, which is known as "The towers" is predominately mixed, black people, minorities, and white people. West campus, known as Thompson's Point is predominately white people. Over the past few years, University housing has begun to attempt to change this by calling these areas West and East, but still to be they seem separated areas. West campus now incorporates the new and expensive apartments, Wall and Grand. So University housing is trying to change this segregation issue.

The engineering students that I have as classmates can only be described as "one team". We at this time, come together to have a tutoring session that enables us to help each other with any problems that may arise. We are all in one dorm, Thompson Hall. This allows us to seek out other team members that might be able to help in an area that may be their expertise and not necessarily mine. We are one team!

Simply put, committed; while it is true, there are occasionally a group of students who just aren't ready for college--I find that is the case for all universities--by far the ones who are ready to prove that they are true Salukis, are also truely special and gifted indivuduals who aren't so far above themselves as to treat everyone at the university as family.

Most of my classmates are artists. They are driven and focused on their future without forgetting about being social. Life of the party and unique. I have not been exposed to the entire student body since I have just been taken major driven courses. From those that I do know, everyone is accepting of eachother and not afraid to help eachother.

My classmates are informative and open minded. My classmates contribute to my education because they help me learn new things I never knew. Having classmates that care about their education makes me care about mine too even more than I already do.

My classmates are very helpful and friendly. Some go above and beyond to help others by copying notes and making sure every topic is covered. Study sessions are not uncommon and almost everyone is there to help.

Classmates here are extremely friendly and helpful to each other; we all want to see each other do the best we can and not fail and so we will help each person get to that point.

I dont really know how to describe my classmates except everyone seems like there own person, they also seem like they know what they want and they will do anything to get it.

Students at Southern Illinois University are a great, accepting, diverse bunch of people. They are from all walks of life, and very diffferent but accepting of others.

My classmates are a wide variety of people. Most of them are from the south-side of Chicago and went to underfunded high schools where they learned poor study skills.