Southern Illinois University-Carbondale

« See more reviews of Southern Illinois University-Carbondale

When I brag about Southern Illinois University I brag about my overall, well rounded experience. When I say well rounded, I mean academically, socially, and persoally. Academically I went through one of the toughest bachelors program, and still can say that I loved it and gained a lot of knowledge. Socially I was involved with numerous organizations, clubs, there is a ton of surrounding places to experience that no other schools share. Lastly, personally I was able to grow as an individual and pursue my dreams. By going to Southern Illinois I have built the perfect foundation for my future.

I really love the campus at school and I mostly brag about that when talking to my friends. Our campus is basically set up within one large circular road and is separate from the town. When you are walking to class, everything is about the same distance appart and you don't have to worry about crossing major roads to get to your next class. However, if you want to find something to do off campus, all the excitement is within walking distance! Also, our campus is very beautiful. We even have our own small forest right no campus!

I brag about the track and field's team. I am going to join next year and I see them training around campus. I get excited because I know some of the girls on the team from high school and they inspire me to do better. They are good but I want to be better. I also talk about the recreational center that we have. There are so many things we could do, like rock climb, swim in an Olympic size pool, multiple weight lifting rooms, etc. The school really cares about their student. And it's free to students.

I like the administration of justice program. It is in my opinion one of the best programs offered in the state of Illinois. I am able to work at Saluki Patrol and get a great experience and chance to see real police officers in action. The classes are tough but are going to be very rewarding once i graduate this semester. The people here are very nice and it is very easy to make friends and have a good time. Southern Illinois is a great school to get a decent education at a fair price.

I love how my school is located near the Shawnee National Forest! It provides such an intense outdoor experience. I am going to school for forestry/horticulture so its location near such a great natural resource is phenomanal for me. It provides an incredible educational experience, a place to witness the actual events of the concepts that I will be learning. It is also a giant outdoor playground to run around and be free when the stress of life get to be too much!

Soicailly it is awesome, there are a lot of girls who go there and they are very friendly and fun to be around. The other students for the most part are very accepting of everyone, and there are enough social activities that everyone can find something to do and some place to fit in. Living in the dorms my freshman year has been a great way to meet other students.

Even though it has a repuation of a party school it has taken numerous steps to being known as a respectable university. This includes renovations to the basketball stadium and a new football stadium. The basketball team has been on ESPN eariler this year and dispite the game ended in a loss it gives me a since a pride that our school was on national television.

The thing I think that I brag about to my friends about school is how I am getting such a high GPA . When I was in high school I did pretty good but in college I think I have excelled in my grades well past how I did in high school. I also brag about how I went back to school at my age and that everyone can do it if you really wanted too.

The campus is pretty, easy to get to know your professors, and lots to do around town. The classes I take geared towards my major are interesting and intriguing. There are bar/clubs to go to on the weekend and other campus related activities such as paddle boating on the campus lake.

I got my first bachelor's degree when I was in the Navy. The Navy flew in PhDs to teach us every weekend. It was a marvelous experience with such great professors. I found the subject matter to be very interesting and studying was a pleasure. I graduated with a magna cum laude degree.