Southern Illinois University-Carbondale

« See more reviews of Southern Illinois University-Carbondale

The kind of person that should attend this school is the kind of person who wants to recieve a good education, and have a large school feel in a smaller area. SIUC is a larger school, but the surrounding towns and cities are smaller, and there are many parks, and many more outdoor activities than you would find in a larger city, which broadens the many types of people that would like to attend. SIUC is welcoming to those used to the city, as well as those who prefer the country, or even the woods.

Anybody can attend Southern Illinois University; there is something here for everybody. SIUC is a well-rounded school and tries to expose student to different cultures. If you attend SIUC you view how the real world is going to be like, just by seeing the diversity of the school. Both staff and students welcome you to the school with open arms, so you can adjust from being home to coming to school. SIUC welcome all and don?t judge you based on what you are or where you come from.

Southern Illinois University- Carbondale is a school for working class individuals who want to have a quality educational experience. The University is very welcoming as well to International students, and disabled peoples. People who are "undecided" majors also would have a good time fitting in with SIUC because of their wide variety of program choices, so that a person could experience "a little of everything" and make an informed decision on what major suits them best.

Anyone who wants "the true" college exierence, anyone who is looking for challenging classes and fun living environment. There are many outdoor places one can explore, and anyone who enjoys being outdoors and adventurous will greatly appreciate this campus. The campus is filled with people from all walks of live and from all over the world, so anyone who wants to make many friends and socialize with people from other races should really consider attending this campus.

Southern Illinois University is a great school for anyone wanting to get away from the normalcy of their everday lives growing up. It is a great university to meet a lot of people and have a fresh start into their adult lives. SIU is so culturally diverse that anyone from anywhere would fit in. Go in expecting the best and that is what you will get. It is nearly impossible not to make friends and have a positive college carrer at SIUC.

The kind of person that should attend this school is a student looking for an education that is specific but willing to learn the things that are not always expected. Majors include some classes you would not expect, but in the long run, really appretiate taking them. Having an open mind is important and embrasing change is possible. Being outgoing and school spirited is important and makes the time here more enjoyable.

Anyone who wants to learn should attend to school. It doesn't matter what color you are, gender, sexual orientation and if you have a disability. I think anyone will feel comfortable here because my school is so welcoming. There are programs and groups for everyone. In the cafeteria for the blind a student words ask the blind individual what he or she wants and the student worker prepares a plate for him or her.

I think the kind of person to attend Southern Illinois University Carbondale is someone who is extreemely outgoing, motivated and a person who loves the outdoors. There is much to do at this school and staying in your room twenty four seven is not something you would want to do at this school. The type of student to attend Southern Illinois should be friendly and open to many new and exciting adventures to come.

This school is wonderful for outdoor enthusiest. Not more than a 20 minute drive away is the National Shawnee forrest. It's chock full of beautiful trails and campgrounds. But for those who aren't the outdoorsy type, Carbondale is known for it's partying. The bars are always full, and house parties are a common thing. And as long as someone is 19, then they can always find a place for entertainment.

This school is not tailored around a certain type of person or student. Anyone could come here and fit in. There are plenty of resources and activities that can help someone meet people with similar interests and someone who could possibly help you toward your career path. There are also many programs and tutors for every class that help students become the student they want to be.