Southern Illinois University-Carbondale

« See more reviews of Southern Illinois University-Carbondale

This school is a terrible choice for anyone looking for a small school. The teachers here are warm and friendly, but need to be sought out. The people are also wonderful. But if people don't seek out others, they can end up being lonely. Basically, this school makes students take the initiative to go and find others. Another set of students that shouldn't come here are those looking for a large metropolitan area. Carbondale is close to the National Shawnee forest, and surrounded by towns with populations of 2,000 people or less.

Southern Illinois University is a beautiful place in the middle of a small town. The people, who in my opinion, should not attend this school, should be those that do not like nature and large amounts of rain. SIU is surrounded by trees, plants, and our campus lake. Those who do not enjoy nature, for example the bugs, humidity, and no large skyscrapers would not fit best at southern. SIU also recieves large amounts of rain. For those who care about their hairstyles and clothes, come prepared for stormy beautiful weather.

I feel that every type of person is able to attend Southern Illinois University Carbondale. The school, teachers, and students are accepting of everyone. I also feel that people who are easily distracted by fun social activities need to be careful. Since there are so many places to go to and spend time with friends in Carbondale, it can be harder to focus on one's education. Other than that, anyone has a chance to be successfull here.

If you are accustomed to big city life and like the hustle and bustle of the city, then Southern Illinois University might not be the place for you. It's a smaller college town, so you may find yourself bored or feel like there is nothing to do. You may also feel like you don't have as much as a social life as you did in the city, but really you just have to go and find it. You also may be suprised to see deer on campus!

The kind of person who shouldn't attend my school is someone who would not like to try to further their education or try something new. My school offers an opportunity for anyone to continue their education in whatever their interests are. There are also new and exciting activities that students can participate in that will build their resume while meeting new people and trying new things.

The kind of person that shouldn't attend this school is someone that is not motivated, someone who struggles with change, someone not able to adjust to new settings and not willing to ask for help. If you are not a team player, cooperative, dependable and not wanting to make a change in your life or the lives of others this school is not for you!

Carbondale has always had a reputation for being a "party town." I believe it takes a person with quite a bit of self control and discipline to be able to attend classes and excel simultaneously. I person who may not be mature enough to resist the temptations presented by this town's atmosphere would easily fail financially and academically.

A person used to a small surrounding shouldnt attend. Everyone would be fine though. It is not a terrifying place but can be overwhelming for someone not used to having a lot of people around. Someone just looking to party wont make it either. You have to be aware that you are in college and not just here to party.

I don't honestsly thing that any person shouldn't attend this school. This school welomes everyone and can benefit each and every person in their one way. SIUC is very diverse and welcoming to everyone. If you have a desire to go to SIUC, than it is the school for you.

If you're looking for bright lights and constant action (think NYC), youll be disappointed. This is a rural university city, with lots of trees and local businesses. If you're not a fan of nature, this school isn't for you.