Southern Illinois University-Carbondale

« See more reviews of Southern Illinois University-Carbondale

DURING MY COLLEGE EXPERIENCE AT SOUTHERN ILLINOIS THE MOST FRUSTRAING THING ABOUT MY SCHOOL IS GETTING FROM POINT A TO POINT B WITH THE CRAZY WEATHER. I CHOSE THIS AS MY MOST FRUSTRATING THING DUE TO THE FACT THAT BEING A COLLEGE FRESHMEN AND WORRIED WITH LOANS AND LIVING EXPENSES IT'S REALLY HARD GETTING ENOUGH MONEY TO GET A CAR. EVEN THOUGH SCHOOL TRANSPORTATION IS AN OPTION, IT IS NOT ALWAYS RELIABLE WAY TO GETTING CLASS. ALSO DUE TO THE WEATHER SOMETIMES IT DONT PERMIT YOU TO BE ABLE TO WALK TO THE BUS STOP AT ALL TIMES.

I believe SIUC can work on is the food served in the cafeteria. They do not have a variety of healthy meals. I am required to use my meal plan, therefore, I am limited to the unhealthy servings that they provide for us. It is frustrating to not be able to eat well on campus. Juggling class and organizations, a balanced meal is very essential and students life. It would be benefitial to promote a healthy lifestyle on campus.

The most fustrating thing about school is adjusting. When a person attends college for the first time they have to adjust to being away from home and living with strangers. Roomates can be both the worst and the best. You have to learn that everyone is different and come from differents backgrounds and ethnicities. Also balancing your social life and acedemics.

The most frustrating thing about my school is the lack of community we have here. The campus is sperated making certain groups of people to only hang out with the people they are mostly around most of the time. Being here at SIUC I also noticed that people do not want to leave their group of friends and will only help thier friends out.

Currently our library is under construction so large parts off it have been blocked off to students. It will be done soon but in the mean time it is annoying no to have a quiet place to go and research and such. The only other thing I find very frustratin is our unfortunate reputation as a crazy party school.

The most frustrating thing about Southern Illinois University Carbondale is the reputation it holds as a result of its past. The reputation does not hold true today, yet people still tend to think poorly of the institution, which is frustrating since people look down upon the college I attend.

As a freshman, the most frustrating thing about my school would have to be, not knowing where all the building are. In the beginning of my fall semester I would constantly get lost and be lost for class because I had no idea where my class building was. The campus is just that huge.

It's ridiculously expensive, but that's not news for anyone who is looking to attend a four year university. When the economy struggles it seems that the first step to alleviating the problem is a rise in tuition. I'm in the aviation program and I pay out the nose for tuition.

I feel like when students have problems with financial aid or anything like that the school gives use the run around they are not undrstading at all and do not really seem to care what happens to us.

The most frustraiting thing is how slow the wirless internet is inside of the towers. I also dislike how the student jobs center serves no purpose to the sudents.