Southern Illinois University-Carbondale

« See more reviews of Southern Illinois University-Carbondale

The best thing about Southern Illinois University at Carbondale is the inviting people on campus and the vast array of extracurricular activities available on campus. There is something for everyone to become apart of outside of academics, including student programimg council which arranges various events for students on campus, community service organizations, and multicultural clubs. If a student is interested in the decisions being made about school costs they can share their opinion and be proactive by joining the student government on campus. The is much more to be said about SIUC and is a great school to consider.

I feel that SIUC is a great place to begin a college career if you are undecided as to what you want to major in. I had no idea what my interests were until my senior year. Many of my friend that knew thier interest eventually transferred to a school more specialized in thier major. I wish I identified my interests were actually in business administration, I would have performed better and most likely transfered to a school more specialized in that field. However, SIUC is well known for having very great programs for certain fields, for example- Aviation

The diversity among the teaching staff at Southern Illinois University is definitely the best feature. During each new semester, I acquire professors from several backgrounds, each with his own unique culture. The assortment of ethnically dissimilar professors allows students to grasp a world different from their own and examine information from various perspectives. For me, the spread of cultural diversity increases my appreciation of various ways of thinking, which I feel will create a pathway towards greater acceptance of others and their individuality.

There are many things that attracted me to Southern Illinois University in the first place and continue to do so as my anticipation grows each day. The atmoshere is what I enjoy most about the school. Having not actually attended a school year as of yet, I can only assume from my visits that the people seem to be relaxed and friendly. I've had much contact from many different people from all different departments. Everyone seems happy to help me succeed, giving me advise and readily answering all of my many questions.

The reason I initally applied to Southern Illinois was because of how beautiful the campus was. I was entranced by it. It was my mothers dream to attend Southern before she became pregnant with me. But my biggest inspiration is my step-father who graduated from the very same school , he went on to become a very respected dentist in my town. He is the most passionate and dedicated person Ive ever been around. I consider who my step-father is today to be the best thing about Southern, and that is with thanks to his university.

The best thing about my school is the diversity. You meet so many new people here and learn a great amount about who they are, where they came from, and what they're like. There is a place for everybody here at SIU. It really is a great opportunity to learn more about the world we live in, especially for someone born and raised in a small town like myself. The campus here is full of not only different races, but also different cultures, interests, classes, and opinions, and nobody is left out of the fun.

The best thing about Southern Illinois University Carbondale is the people. All of the teachers and all of the students who are at Southern are amazing in their own ways. Each person brings an amazing quality with them when they come here allowing the school itself to prosper. SOAR, the freshman orientation, allows new students to become acquainted with all of these new personalities. Southern Illinois University Carbondale is an amazing place to make new friends on the road to your career.

What I consider to be the best thing about my school is that coming in as a freshmen this past year I felt comfortable. Feeling welcome was not a problem because everyone was welcoming and friendly. On the day of move in I was greeted by a group from The Vine church who helped my mother and I bring everything in from the car to my dorm room. In addition to that I found that on this campus mostly everyone was approchable from the students up to the professors.

The best thing about Southern Illinois University Carbondale is by far the teaching staff. They will simply go out of their way to help a student succeed. If they see a student making the extra effort to accomplish or to learn something, the teacher will make a greater effort on their part as well. In addition to this the faculty?s attitude is far beyond exceptional, they always seem to be in a happy mood which is welcoming to the student body.

At this time, I must say that the best thing cannot be answered in just a one choice answer. First I must say that having the support of the University. Being an Engineering student, SIU-C provides many tutoring opportunities. The engineering students are all housed in the same dorm in order to give the students that support. Also many tutoring efforts are available. Engineering does have a high drop out rate due to the difficutly.