Southern Illinois University-Edwardsville Top Questions

Austin

I really enjoy the campus and the classes at SIUE. I feel that most of the people are there to learn and if you need help the professors are willing to help or at least point you to it.

Charmaine

I really like the school. It is a nature campus which means there's woods, and trails, and gardens to walk through. Edwardsville is not a college town at all which kinda sucks but St. Louis is very close.. you can't just walk to stores, etc, you have to drive. The size of the school is perfect; it's very easy to meet people, but you're not overwhelmed. Most people are very friendly and easy-going, although there's not a lot of school spirit (sports-wise) since it's not a hugee state school.

Lyndsey

I love SIUE! The professors are great and they are always available to answer any questions. SIUE, with a student population of about 14,000, always has something fun going on! We are, however, not in the middle of Edwardsville. We are about 5 minutes from downtown. Our campus is very safe and the police are very accessible. The workload can get hefty depending on your major.

Lyndsey

shanna

I love it! That being said when I got here as a freshman I wasn't so sure. You have to get involved in something. A lot of people who live on campus go home on the weekends so you have to get involved to know what's going on on camups. I think that being 30 minutes a way from St. Louis is perfect because you have the security of a small town but the option to go have fun in the city.

Alyssa

I love the campus, it has plenty of room and plenty of nature around it. It has enough space for everyone, yet the buildings aren't so far away from eachother that it's dreadful to one from one to the other for class. If you have a 15 minute break between classes that is more than enough to get from one to the other, regardless of what buildings you're in. If I could change anything it would simply be to remodel a couple of the buildings, they aren't to the point where they're no able to be used, they are just outdated. I also enjoy the size of the school, I had always planned on attending a huge University, but the size here is actually pretty perfect. Classes can vary, but you don't have to worry about getting lost in the mix. There are a lot of places in Edwardsville, including downtown that have a lot of things going on like live music and great food. It's also nice that it's close to St. Louis for ball games and other entertainment. I spend quite a bit of time in the library, starbucks, or the Student Success Center (SSC), these are all great places to get work done, and bonus: There is a second coffee shop by the SSC, and in the SSC they have table and then just big areas where you can study in groups or just socialize.

Evan

I totally regret my college life experience. If you want anything near a normal (every person I know that went to another school) fun, diversifying college experience, you will not find it here.

Tim

The biggest thing about SIUE is the location. We are located only 20 minutes from downtown St. Louis which is awesome. People go there for games and concerts or just to go and explore. One thing I would change about SIUE would be for there to be a football team and to have more options on campus as far as things to do. If you want to do something you have to travel.