Southern Methodist University Top Questions

Describe your school to someone who's never heard of it.

Bora

SMU is located in Dallas, and there are many stores around campus. SMU is a safe campus there are always service cars around to take you to our dorm if you are the library and do not want to walk late at night or if you are at a friends dorm. SMU students are mostly high upper class, but that should not be a problem because if you are coming here to study than you focus on your grades and SMU is diverse in different organizations and you will always find a group or friends from different groups. SMU has wonderful classes and great professors and this school can definitely help you succeed and achieve your goals in the future.

Kate

SMU is located in Dallas, but the surrounding area has a small-town enough feel that there's tons of little shops and it feels completely safe. The students are mostly the rich of the rice and extremely over-privileged. They come here to spend their parents' money and make connections through the prestigious business school. Once you overlook that though, the classes and professors actually have a lot to offer if you take it seriously and take the time to actually learn the material.