Southern Methodist University Top Questions

Tell us about the sports scene on campus.

Bora

The only big thing about sports are the football games at SMU and we do support our mustangs all the way. We have intramural sports which are open to anyone who wants to be apart of them. We dont really go to basketball or volleyball games because they are not advertised as much as football. Our other big sport is soccer but not a lot of people come out since it is on Friday's or weekends.

Kate

Intramural sports are really popular amongst dorms and the greek life, but other than that, no one is really all that into the sports here. People attend the first half of most football games, and most students have probably been to one basketball or volleyball game or something, but that's it. For us, it's more about the partying afterwards and the boulevarding beforehand, when it comes to football.

Kate

Our biggest competitor in football is Texas Christian University. Whenever we play against them, its huge!! You see people wearing shirts saying "beat TCU" and frogs with an x over them and so on. These games are great to attend and its a must!! We recently won the iron skillet (basically like a trophy for whoever wins the game between SMU and TCU)!!